Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mysterycycle

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by mysterycycle »

Enemy | wrote:Back from my dad's, where I didn't run (or barely left the bed, at that) for 3 weeks.
I guess I'm just gonna start the Couch to 5k from the beginning again, I really doubt I could try Week 2 or 3 and not faint halfway through. Doesn't help it that my toenail's getting ingrown again, but I'll take care of that next week, should only take a day or two for it to heal up and then I gotta go at a moderate speed.
I might end up doing the same thing, since I've been out of action for a while. I'm probably going to try a Week 2 run when I start again just to see how my body reacts, but I may need to begin at the beginning again...
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Gandara wrote:Weekly Update

No change in weight this week. Between the 4th of July, the unbearably bad heat and an extremely busy schedule I've slacked off this week. Rather than get upset about it, I've just got to use it as motivation to try harder over this next week and the coming weeks. And on the bright side, I've lost a ton of weight in a short amount of time - a week or two of no change / slight gain isn't the end of the world, so long as I don't fall off the wagon and go back to my old ways.

And to everyone in this thread and on Fitocracy, you are all awesome. Really great motivation to continue trying hard and improving my life. Thank you. I really mean it, thank you for being an amazing community.
Oh snap! Gandara's gonna be back. And he's comin' back at full speed! wahaha (can't wait to hear from ya again buddy.)

Dwarduk:
oops! This is situps I'm talking about. Pushups, I'm terrible at them xD. I started on column 2 as well, and could only just manage to do day 1. About the same as you, but I'll get there! (I hope). I'm also planning to restart column 2 here, soon, as I just let it slip and need to get on top of it. But... new work placement and my routine will be thrown for a bit. Don't let me drop it completely!
Now there's three of us aiming to get more then. wahaha. We'll get there soon, I know it! (hell, I almost died when I was doing 30lbs. before, now I can do 50. Still weak but I'm improvin')

@Althamus: Nope, that didn't make me feel good. Coz yer still better...lol. Anyways, good dang job on that Emi push-up guide. That was awesome. (Though, I find it quite hard to believe Emi would do push-ups. So can you make a Rin guide on that? That'd be fun!)

As for the only update on this long post: W6D1 was great. Had fun, didn't get much tired as well coz of the sky...yep, just lookin' at them on this beautiful weather while jogging made my running easier. (I'd like to thank Rin for teaching me how to relax more often. She's like my mentor for relaxation.) And I also did some extra effort in running an extra 5 min. or so just like Akros' tip. (My goal right now would be going 25 min. in less than 29min...hopefully I can do it in day 3)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Akros

Post by Akros »

ZXRN wrote:
Akros wrote:Ok, so exams are finally over for me, yeah!!! :D
So, starting tomorrow everything's got to get back to normal, so I'll play some basketball with friends.
I'll also get done with week 8 and hopefully start the 100 push-ups challenge on friday, so ZXRN I'll aim to beating you xD

BTW thumbs up on the Rin guide and congrats to Althamus on achieving your goal :D
wahaha, Let's start tomorrow then! The only jog i'm gonna is Saturday...But I haven't lost hope of beating you yet! You just wait youuuu, youuuuu!
And I hope you did well on exams dood!
I played basketball on Thursday, and well, it had been like almost 2 weeks since I last did anything so my whole body hurts now :P
Anyway, I'll do the initial test tomorrow and get back with the running on Monday, once I'm 100% again :D

BTW good job with the chart Althamus, it's way better than having to check the website all the time!
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Remind me to eat properly before running
Also that my lungs are week. While running, anytime I inhaled my lungs hurt, like I was trying to put too much air in it.
Anyway, overall, good to know that muscle-wise I can still run fine for a couple of minutes, just gonna have to work on the catching my breath thing, and might re-start on Week 2 already.
leetben

Post by leetben »

I think maybe I'll use the Katawa Shoujo songs in a playlist for this. :D
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

ZXRN wrote:(Though, I find it quite hard to believe Emi would do push-ups. So can you make a Rin guide on that? That'd be fun!)
You find it easier to believe Rin'd do pushups than Emi would?

...ok then.

Yea, Rin version will be forthcoming, as will a slightly improved Emi version. I just wanted to get a beta version out there for feedback and so people could get started on it, rather than try and jump over from one version to the other (particularly astute people will notice I smoothed out the 100PU version from the website and expanded it to 9 weeks instead of 7 to fit in with the C25K format and make things easier for you poor guys who're still going on it 8D)
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Althamus wrote:
ZXRN wrote:(Though, I find it quite hard to believe Emi would do push-ups. So can you make a Rin guide on that? That'd be fun!)

...ok then.

Yea, Rin version will be forthcoming, as will a slightly improved Emi version. I just wanted to get a beta version out there for feedback and so people could get started on it, rather than try and jump over from one version to the other (particularly astute people will notice I smoothed out the 100PU version from the website and expanded it to 9 weeks instead of 7 to fit in with the C25K format and make things easier for you poor guys who're still going on it 8D)
I noticed the smoothing! I prefer that format, really; it's slightly less demoralising than being perpetually in the lowest stream :lol:
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

The only question i would have is about the columns from the original page. For instance according t the website version since my first pushup test ended in me doing 25 pushups I should start on week3. According to your chart I should start on week5. Which one should I do for your chart?
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Ha I should stop being zombie status on these forums again lol..... :oops:

Anyway just wanted to post a reminder for those in the US to be cautious with the incoming heat waves and to make sure they're properly hydrated and to take breaks if needed. I know I have. Anyway happy training everyone. :)
Sk3tch wrote:The only question i would have is about the columns from the original page. For instance according t the website version since my first pushup test ended in me doing 25 pushups I should start on week3. According to your chart I should start on week5. Which one should I do for your chart?
Well it can go either way. I personally would start Week 3. Cause it doesn't hurt to start there since this will be a habit for you. I'm going to resume my weight training on Monday for instance since I don't workout on weekends. (I drink supplements as well.)

But you could try the week 5 but you may just be rushing yourself. But that's my personal opinion. Anyone else can add in.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

The weeks are different. He's added an extra couple of weeks at the beginning for the lower streams of the very start; week 5 on Althamus's chart is roughly equivalent to week 3 on the 100PU, so I'd say it doesn't matter. I'm going to use Althamus's chart as I prefer a linear progression, but whatever you think is best!
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Yea, I really didn't like the different streams on the normal program, because if you got to the end of W6 on the lowest stream, it seemed to be to be far, far harder to get the 100PU than if you were on the highest stream, meaning you'd just end up doing another two weeks of the program to push up up to the highest stream anyways.

So W1 of my challenge is the lowest stream of W1 of the normal challenge, W2 of my challenge is W1 middle stream, W3 is W1 highest stream, and then it goes onto W4 of mine is W2 highest stream and I think it continues up to W8 of my challenge is W6 highest stream, and I added another week afters to make it easier to get to the 100PU straight off W9 (I found it a real challenge to go from the last week to the 100PU challenge, I thought it seemed quite a big jump).

And yea, my chart was designed to be an alternate to the 100 pushup website - you'll need to either follow my chart or their site, but due to wanting to simplify their website to fit on one page, fit into the same theme as the EC25K and be easily decipherable, I had to modify it slightly.

So yea, you should be fine starting on W5 I think, although obviously if time is of no pressure, and you want to take things slowly and carefully, starting at W3 or earlier is fine as well.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)

100 pushup challenge
jmeks23

Post by jmeks23 »

Week 4 finally completed after a few weeks of not being able to run much. Sometimes this really sucks, but it's teaching me so many lessons in perseverance. Never think I can finish the next run, or the next interval, but I do and feel so much better afterwards. Only problem is I've developed either a calf strain or a shin splint and it sucks :( . Oh well!
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Althamus wrote:

...ok then.

wahaha! nah, I just thought it'd be funny. I saw that RIn push up thing on a thread once. Forgot what it was. Anyways, you did a wonderful thing here coz now, people are not only jogging but also a handful of people are trying out push-ups coz of the guide you made. So I tip my hat to you my friend. :lol:

btw, I'm kinda puzzled on this. So since I got 10 push-ups before, that means I should start at week 2 right? And the 5+ on day 1 means as long as I can keep going?
(I know, noob questions...Just wanna be sure dood.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Althamus wrote:Yea, I really didn't like the different streams on the normal program, because if you got to the end of W6 on the lowest stream, it seemed to be to be far, far harder to get the 100PU than if you were on the highest stream, meaning you'd just end up doing another two weeks of the program to push up up to the highest stream anyways.

So W1 of my challenge is the lowest stream of W1 of the normal challenge, W2 of my challenge is W1 middle stream, W3 is W1 highest stream, and then it goes onto W4 of mine is W2 highest stream and I think it continues up to W8 of my challenge is W6 highest stream, and I added another week afters to make it easier to get to the 100PU straight off W9 (I found it a real challenge to go from the last week to the 100PU challenge, I thought it seemed quite a big jump).

And yea, my chart was designed to be an alternate to the 100 pushup website - you'll need to either follow my chart or their site, but due to wanting to simplify their website to fit on one page, fit into the same theme as the EC25K and be easily decipherable, I had to modify it slightly.

So yea, you should be fine starting on W5 I think, although obviously if time is of no pressure, and you want to take things slowly and carefully, starting at W3 or earlier is fine as well.
Ok, that makes sense, I was just a bit confused by the difference so thanks for clearing that up. So I guess today is the first day of the pushps then. Better get started. I plan to do pushups in the morn, and running at night.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

ZXRN wrote:btw, I'm kinda puzzled on this. So since I got 10 push-ups before, that means I should start at week 2 right? And the 5+ on day 1 means as long as I can keep going?
(I know, noob questions...Just wanna be sure dood.)
Yup, and yup.

Have clarified on main 100PU guide, and will post an updated version soon (no different, just clarified ^_^)

100 pushup challenge