Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sk3tch

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Sk3tch »

gRaViJa wrote:. Another time i saw some dudes smoking weed, for one second i wanted to snatch their smoke and run away, but... i didn't lol.

Now that i think about it, i used to to smoke weed once every while before i started running. But since i started running, i haven't touched it once.
I now have this awesome mental image of Emi out for a jog when she sees some kids smoking, runs over, steals their weed, and books it.
It's pretty hilarious if i might add.

Also on a side note congrats on getting off weed. I have never touched the stuff and never want to and so it is nice to see that running is making (at least you) people get off of that drug.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Sk3tch wrote:So tell me, what wacky or scary event have you had while running?
It wasn't while running, but while walking with my roommate a while back. We were both on pretty late schedules, so we were walking probably around midnight to 1am, somewhere in that time. The suburbs I live in are very quiet, especially at night. On the route we were walking, we see two police cars pulled up on the side of the road with their lights on. The cops from either vehicle were out of the cars, off to the side of the road, poking around in the brush near a creek that runs through the town, and underneath the road we were walking on. As we get a little closer, both of the cops flip their flashlights up at my roommate and I and begin questioning us, hard.

One of the cops: "What are you two doing out here?!"
Me: "Uhh... walking?"
The other cop: "Why are you out so late?"
Me: "It's peaceful. And cool."
First cop: "... Okay. Go around to the other side of the road when you walk around."

We obliged. It was really freaking weird.

I've been pulled over more times walking in this town in the past three years I lived here than I have driving in my entire life. I need to stop taking really late night walks - cops will pull me over, guaranteed, if they see me walking outside past midnight. I've had my ID run a few of those times, too.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Akros

Post by Akros »

@Sk3tch don't mind it so much, I guess you got surprised because of the knife, drug dealing ain't that uncommon nowadays, in fact, where I leave there's this kind of pawn shop where there's sometimes people waiting at the entrance to get you to buy some of their shit or just wanting to buy the shit that you are gonna pawn.

Anyway, today I did W6D2, everything was alright besides the stupid clasic Zune that messed up my time in the first part, and then I think I stopped too suddenly at the end, cause my ankle hurt for like a couple of hours
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Akros wrote:@Sk3tch don't mind it so much, I guess you got surprised because of the knife, drug dealing ain't that uncommon nowadays, in fact, where I leave there's this kind of pawn shop where there's sometimes people waiting at the entrance to get you to buy some of their shit or just wanting to buy the shit that you are gonna pawn.
Not really that worried about it. In retrospect my mind probably exaggerated that story a bit. But that's my story and i am sticking to it. It was just my first witnessing of a drug deal, and i was already exhausted enough. I don't condone drug dealing, no matter how common it has become.

Not worried that badly much though.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

gRaViJa wrote:Another time i saw some dudes smoking weed, for one second i wanted to snatch their smoke and run away, but... i didn't lol.
Hold on, a story time is afoot:

I kind'a reminds me one story from my high school. Some of my colleagues were smokers (I mean ordinary cigs, no weed), still they were doing it all proper - not smoking at school or at least hiding it well. Then when we neared the end of high-school the school board added some middleschoolers - like a second school in the same walls, so suddenly there were lot's of much smaller kids around. And one day one of my smoking friends caught some 10-years olds (two of them) smoking in the toilet. He was already 18 then (legally of age), so feeling all proper and adult he just took the smokes (with additional intention of smoking them himself after school :D), scolded the younglings with a few harsh words and left.
During the next lesson, there was a strange announcement through loudspeakers, calling a student with a very strange name to the headmaster's office. And then our homeroom teacher came and asked my colleague out.
It turned out, the delinquents told on him, for picking on them in the boy's room, then the case of smoking was brought in, with a very weak evidence of a pack short of two smokes, they owned up right away and got disciplined, parents called and all and my colleague walked a free man (sans a pack of smokes he took, easy somes, easy goes).
And from the terribly misspelled, misheard, mixed up and half forgotten name that made into the anouncement came the legend of valiant Captain Hops (a direct translation), who prowls the school toilets preventing all students from indulging their harmfull smoking habit.

True story Bro. Or most of it.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Gandara wrote:We obliged. It was really freaking weird.
Are night walks really so unusual where you live?

My weird story - not runnung, but biking obviously, pretty much in Frankfurt city, was on a bike lane, and a young woman was riding on her bike in front of me. She was pretty good and also fast, so I was comfortable being behind. But then she reached a slower rider, tried to switch to the sidewalk, but her right flipflop (wtf is that with wearing sandals on a bicycle?) stuck on a pedal... well, her flight was beautiful, but ultimately very short. Had to stop, help her up and then to get some desinfectant from the grocery store nearby, because who else if not me?

Long story short, next day I made meself a first aid kit that I carry in my backpack, just in case.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Akros

Post by Akros »

dunkelfalke wrote:
Gandara wrote:We obliged. It was really freaking weird.
Are night walks really so unusual where you live?

My weird story - not runnung, but biking obviously, pretty much in Frankfurt city, was on a bike lane, and a young woman was riding on her bike in front of me. She was pretty good and also fast, so I was comfortable being behind. But then she reached a slower rider, tried to switch to the sidewalk, but her right flipflop (wtf is that with wearing sandals on a bicycle?) stuck on a pedal... well, her flight was beautiful, but ultimately very short. Had to stop, help her up and then to get some desinfectant from the grocery store nearby, because who else if not me?

Long story short, next day I made meself a first aid kit that I carry in my backpack, just in case.
Did you get her number? Help her and then .... well, who knows, offer her some lube... xD

Yeah, about night walks, when do you usually do them? I mean, I don't go running till like 22:30 or so, and when I hung out with my friends on weekends I won't leave the house till like way past midnight, and I don't think that's unusual .. :?
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Nope. She wanted to pay me off for the stuff, and flashed (probably deliberately) a photo of her with some guy in her wallet. So I didn't even bother with asking her name. I am not that lucky.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Might not be able to run today, cleaning ladies at home, and I can't be arsed to change my routine of TV-workout-shower-lunch.
Guess I'll rest today.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Walking on the streets at night is considered weird / makes your possibly dangerous in the US. I always find that weird :p

@Enemy: Emi pulls of the mustache look extremely well.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

gRaViJa wrote:@Enemy: Emi pulls of the mustache look extremely well.
It's only what a gentleman would do.

And yea, I used to go out running at night, and used to hang at a friend's house until the wee hours of the morning, and end up walking the 2.5 miles home at 1am, 3am, 5am and never saw any trouble at all.

Only time I've seen anything dodgy at all was when I ended up having to walk alone down by the canals at about 1am, which is a bad place to go walking. Thankfully I saw a lot of stoned people but no one doing anything too bad or approaching me.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

The cleaning ladies left earlier than I had expected so I could've ran
If my treadmill didn't decide to die. RIP, old piece of garbage.
Akros

Post by Akros »

gRaViJa wrote:Walking on the streets at night is considered weird / makes your possibly dangerous in the US. I always find that weird :p

well, I've heard you guys have dinner like around 6 or 7, so the American/European style of living isn't used to that I guess. I usually have a snack at that time, then have dinner like 3 or 4 hours later at least, anyway, that's how Spain works : P
Akros

Post by Akros »

Akros wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:Walking on the streets at night is considered weird / makes your possibly dangerous in the US. I always find that weird :p

well, I've heard you guys have dinner like around 6 or 7, so the American/European living style isn't used to that I guess. I usually have a snack at that time, then have dinner like 3 or 4 hours later at least, anyway, that's how Spain works : P
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

To the points about suspicious walking:

I live in a suburb, and a relatively nice one at that. Lots of large houses in my neighborhood, and my apartments are tucked into the center of them all. It's not "Rich Town USA" but it's certainly not a slum. It's also a very small town. On my late night walks, there's virtually no cars on the road.

One of the times I was pulled over, the cop said in passing that there were cars in the neighborhood that were being broken into. I gave him a look like, "Do I really look like the type?" (mind you, I'm a big guy, and I was wearing a red sweater + jeans - not exactly criminal clothing).

On-topic: my knees and feet have been really sore the past couple days. I haven't medicated, but I'm considering popping some pain killers tonight if it keeps up (based on potential suggestions here).

Last week I tripped while out on a walk and banged up my right knee and scraped up my palms. I was a little "right then" sore but pretty much shrugged it off, had a minor scab on my knee and a tiny bit of soreness. It wasn't until about two days ago that my knees really started hurting more, especially my right knee. I'm wondering if it's residual pain from my fall.

I've not been jogging or doing anything strenuous the past several days, mostly out of concern for my own well being. Any ideas / suggestions as to my pained limbs?
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"