Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

wazuzu

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by wazuzu »

metalangel wrote:We did 30km today! A mixture of trails, roads, paths and a little bit of offroading. I hate the handgrips on the handlebars, they are roughly textured which is hard on the hands, but apart from that, the bike is cool.

That combined with the 12km we walked on Friday means I am just about ready to fall over and die.
That's great, man. Bike is an awesome way to get fit. Don't die yet, rest a bit then repeat it several times, and then you can die.

I just finished my first true 5k.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

@Wazuzu
Fucking fantastic, mate! :D

Does anyone know what to do for painful ankles?
For some reason, my right ankle is a bit tender when I'm on the toe and I'd rather not stop jogging for fear that I won't re-start. Are there any specific stretches or exercises I can do to alleviate it?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:Does anyone know what to do for painful ankles?
Ankle rolls are really basic, but tend to help. Not sure if you tried that yet or not.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

To metalangel and wazuzu... nice jobs :D Definitely milestones you can be proud of!

Sore ankles? Are your shoes rubbing at all?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Does anyone know what to do for painful ankles?
Ankle rolls are really basic, but tend to help. Not sure if you tried that yet or not.
They always seemed too simple to work... I'll give them a shot :P
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Sore ankles? Are your shoes rubbing at all?
Nah, the joint itself

Time-to-time, my knee also goes, and the calf sometimes follows suit.
I'm assuming the knee pain is down to my Civil War reenacting, though :P
had some big beardy fucker force my knee backwards by accident, last time.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote: Time-to-time, my knee also goes, and the calf sometimes follows suit.
I'm assuming the knee pain is down to my Civil War reenacting, though :P
had some big beardy fucker force my knee backwards by accident, last time.
Hmm, I would definitely consider getting some supports for those if that's the case, don't wanna properly injure yourself!
As for the ankle thing, the loops would definitely be worth a shot. And this is probably bullshit so if you don't wanna listen to this I fully understand, but maybe wrapping it in a hot wet towel afterwards or putting it in hot water (not so hot that you end up with a bacontits impersonating foot, but enough to maybe relax the muscles?)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Did it get really freaking hot out for you guys? Because about 20 minutes in today, I was frying.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:Did it get really freaking hot out for you guys? Because about 20 minutes in today, I was frying.
Where do you live? :P
I usually set off around 6am, so the worst I ever get is soaked feet from the morning dew.
AaronIsCrunchy wrote: Hmm, I would definitely consider getting some supports for those if that's the case, don't wanna properly injure yourself!
Aren't they those weird sock things people have on their legs with the hole for the knee?
I've always wondered about how they worked. I mean, it's a goddamn knee-tube :lol:
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Munchenhausen wrote:Aren't they those weird sock things people have on their legs with the hole for the knee?
I've always wondered about how they worked. I mean, it's a goddamn knee-tube :lol:
They work pretty well actually. I've had some knee problems before but luckily they didn't last long enough to need one, but my roommate uses them all the time for lifting. He's torn his meniscus and had surgery on it a few years back so the "knee-tube," as you so eloquently put it, takes a lot of stress off of the knee during strenuous activity and distributes it throughout the leg. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Did it get really freaking hot out for you guys? Because about 20 minutes in today, I was frying.
I usually set off around 6am, so the worst I ever get is soaked feet from the morning dew.
Ah. Perhaps it's a New York thing then.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
Ah. Perhaps it's a New York thing then.
Don't worry, here in Michigan it is also annoyingly hot, and humid, too. I am very wary of working in the morning if it means making me run the afternoon, as the high's WILL at some point reach the 90's F.

This is following the worse winter we had in over a century, mind.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Munchenhausen wrote:Aren't they those weird sock things people have on their legs with the hole for the knee?
I have a velcro knee support, and an elasticated ankle support. The knee I can explain (don't crash motorcycles, kids, it hurts) but the ankle (other leg) has just gone bad on its own. My best friend meanwhile has Plantar Fasciitis and so most of our fun now is prefixed by needing to tape her heel up.

Try getting an ankle support but also try taking it easy on yourself - stuff like plantar fasciitis is yours for life.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

It's kinda nice here in South-East England at the moment, not too hot but warm enough for shorts and t-shirts (granted, my homeostatic system is, I think, buggered, as I get warm in much colder temperatures than most others it seems). Tis raining today though.

poopooface

Post by poopooface »

At least 80 degrees in New Jersey, plus here it's always 100% humidity. Weathers fine, humidity sucks.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

poopooface wrote:100% humidity
GET OUTTA MY POOL YOU SCHWAG!

Was running once at 95 degrees. Would be rather okay, if not those pesky pests, insects and flies driving into my goddamn eyes, mouth and nostrils. Fuck them.

Tried to run listening to Animals as Leaders. Don't do that. Just don't. Running music is as important as shoes are. I almost died there.