Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MoogleDee

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by MoogleDee »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Juice is often just as bad as soda, since it has little nutritional value compared to whole fruit, and high sugar content. If you're really trying to lose weight, do your best to drink no calories. (In other words, stick to only water, tea, and coffee.) Diet soda and *sugar free* juice is something you should avoid too, since it can spike your blood sugar, and is filled with nasty, nasty, chemicals.
This. So much this. I've been sticking to water and tea, but avoid the "diet" drinks at all costs. They somehow get away with calling it a "diet" drink by reducing the amount of sugar or calories or whatever, to get it back to a similar taste, they have to add in a whooooole mess of crap. If you have to indulge in a soda, just get a regular one vs one of the "diet" varieties.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Whew!

Ok, just finished Day 1 of Week 1! I'm on my way! I was surprised that I was actually able to do it. I guess the body never forgets if you've been healthy before. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but day 2 is Thursday, so I have time to recover. (Tues-Thurs-Sat are my 3 days per week) I rather like this particular plan. Pushes me without overtaxing me, and gives me a nice structure to focus on. I think I'm going to actually enjoy getting back into shape!
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Bigbishounen wrote:Whew!

Ok, just finished Day 1 of Week 1! I'm on my way! I was surprised that I was actually able to do it. I guess the body never forgets if you've been healthy before. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but day 2 is Thursday, so I have time to recover. (Tues-Thurs-Sat are my 3 days per week) I rather like this particular plan. Pushes me without overtaxing me, and gives me a nice structure to focus on. I think I'm going to actually enjoy getting back into shape!
Another runner joins the ranks, excellent! I love how there's more and more of us all piling onto the track, so to speak. I never in my life would have thought a game where I spend hours sitting down and clicking would get me to start getting back into shape. It's a funny world.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

MoogleDee wrote:I never in my life would have thought a game where I spend hours sitting down and clicking would get me to start getting back into shape. It's a funny world.
At least form an ero-game you should expect a different kind of workout, shouldn't you?

Anyway Emi would be proud, seeing our guts waving around the running track.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

NoOne3 wrote:
MoogleDee wrote:I never in my life would have thought a game where I spend hours sitting down and clicking would get me to start getting back into shape. It's a funny world.
At least form an ero-game you should expect a different kind of workout, shouldn't you?
Even then, I didn't get any of that workout in this game. Come to think of it, that'd be considered an anaerobic exercise activity, right? Why am I thinking about this.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

MoogleDee wrote:
NoOne3 wrote:
Even then, I didn't get any of that workout in this game. Come to think of it, that'd be considered an anaerobic exercise activity, right? Why am I thinking about this.
I would guess aerobic because of the elevated heart rate and breathing. Neither of which has much to do with what would normally cause such things in an aerobic work out but higher heart rate and breathing is what it is.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

NoOne3 wrote:an ero-game you should expect a different kind of workout, shouldn't you?
Nah, even if it sound strange, I play eroge only for the story. And in fact, Katawa Shoujo made me abstinent for a week or so. Went on a stride to the hills instead every night, so hard that I could barely walk after a week.
NoOne3 wrote:Anyway Emi would be proud, seeing our guts waving around the running track.
That's the intent.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Paul Atreides

Post by Paul Atreides »

I suggest you doing sports like soccer or basketball before start running regularly if you want to be in a good shape. Running is a good exercise, but sometimes it can be really tough (especially if you go alone) and boring. Playing team sports are more distracting, funnier and you can end up making new mates. Just my two cents.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Ding. Running IS boring. That's why I play hockey.

Running 3 miles? Boring. Skating full-bore, physically dominating people in the corners and setting up scoring chances? Awesome.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

If you don't have any stamina, you can't play hockey either. So a running program is the way to start for every couch potato, even if you are planning to go and do another sport. Jogging will be boring after a while i can imagine, but after these 8 weeks i'm gonna join an athletics club. The factor of competition will keep it interesting. In my teenage years i was a pretty decent competition sporter, i'm looking forward to be in some sort of competition again soon. And not everyone thinks that running is boring and hockey is not.
Last edited by gRaViJa on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Thrasher Thetic wrote:Ding. Running IS boring. That's why I play hockey.

Running 3 miles? Boring. Skating full-bore, physically dominating people in the corners and setting up scoring chances? Awesome.
Maybe, but I have neither the time, the skating capability nor the interest to take up Hockey. Fine for you, but I prefer to run and listen to an audiobook or a podcast. (Although right now I'm spending more time tracking my run/walk mix than anything else.) Besides, I have a really nice treadmill that was just gathering dust in the basement. It feels good to be getting some use out of it.

Also, not sore at all today. AWESOME! :D
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Running in the nature (forrest, park and so on) is very enjoyable and not boring at all. Biking even more so.
Al

Post by Al »

If you get bored of running after 3-4 weeks, why don't you start trying HIIT (high-intensity interval training). Sprinting lasts a short time but it's tough because you're going all out at the moment that you are sprinting.

Sure beats getting bored jogging for 30 mins.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

All in all 30 minutes really isn't a lot of time to get a decent stamina workout. Still enjoying it at the moment. I also decided to go for my first 20 minutes non-stop jogging session today. I'm leaving now. If i make it, i'll treat everyone on tea and tofu!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Sencha for me, please :D

I was successful today: 20 km biking in four parts. Not too bad for a really fat guy :mrgreen: