Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by NoOne3 »

Althamus wrote:Initial test was 30
I can see you're mocking us, fat bearded otakus, but It won't let me down. I'm proud of the one limp-push-half-the-way-up, I'm capable of right now.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

If it makes you feel any better, I have no stamina whatsoever :P Forget running 5K, I can't run for more than about 200m. When I first started going out for runs, I would walk 100m, run 100m, stop at a bench and pant for about 5 mins, then walk back :P

I improved.... but not very much. At some point, I definitely need to go back and redo my running. :(

Push ups are like the only thing I can do :P

Edit: This is the 498th post in this topic.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

30 push-ups is pretty impressive man! Going for my first set of week 1 today followed by a 5k run :)

(btw, i do 5k runs now but when i first started i also couldn't run more then +- 300 metres, you'd be suprised how fast your stamina improves after a few weeks)

499th post!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
completesky

Post by completesky »

Just curious to know whether anyone else has moved onto other running workouts such as BOHR since the initial plan?
Emi's Couch to 5K - Done
Emi's Couch to 10K - Done
100 Push-Up Challenge - Pending
zanger

Post by zanger »

NoOne3 wrote:
Althamus wrote:Initial test was 30
I can see you're mocking us, fat bearded otakus, but It won't let me down. I'm proud of the one limp-push-half-the-way-up, I'm capable of right now.
push ups are incredibly easy to train. i began the 100 pushup challenge thing like 2 months ago (due to laziness and repeated muscle soreness I'm still on week 5 LOL) but I went from barely being able to do more than 30 in a day to knocking off 200 per session. the exercise is more correlated to your body type than it is your strength, though. if ur overweight you aren't going to be able to do very many push-ups
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

completesky wrote:Just curious to know whether anyone else has moved onto other running workouts such as BOHR since the initial plan?
I'm not planning to do so. Since this week i started to time my runs though. Now i take about 32-33 minutes for the 5k, i'd like to get that under 30 minutes now. After that i'll see how i'll improve.

Just did my first push-up workout and i can barely hold my arms up to type :D
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
zanger

Post by zanger »

gRaViJa wrote:Just did my first push-up workout and i can barely hold my arms up to type :D
Wait until you get to the point where you get up and go "whoa my legs and abs are totally shot, too" :D
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Damn these exam weeks, no running and no gym for me this week...
ook

Post by ook »

Did week 6 day 2 again, much better this time.

Today I weighed myself again. 300.8 lbs :D soooooooooooo close, I was about 320 when I started this. I don't remember the last time I was under 300. Can't wait!

I've also been doing a few pushups, I think I'll try the program doing the kneeling type for now.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Thats exactly where you should start out ook. As those get easier you can up the difficulty.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

gRaViJa wrote:
completesky wrote:Just did my first push-up workout and i can barely hold my arms up to type :D
Do you have a link to a pushup workout you're doing? I just figured on doing push ups until I get tired, but then realised that that probably isn't the smartest way to train.

Also, lol. I know my pushups this morning did something, because I thought I would do another set before bed, see whether I could get anywhere close. Stretched a little beforehand, and thought that my muscles seemed a bit achey, so I probably wouldn't get as high, formed the starting position, bent my arms slightly, and collapsed as they gave way under me xD
Achey arms, muscles well and truly tested :P I'll give it a day or so before trying again.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Just finished Day 2 of Week 4. The last 2-3 minutes of my route are up a very steep hill, and Week 4 is the first week in which I am required to run up it instead of walk. The hill was pretty bad on Day 1, but today it was nearly impossible. In the last minute of my run, I was absolutely exhausted in every way, and I had to actively ignore the protestations of my legs, lungs, and heart all screaming that if I insisted on continuing to run, they would simply stop working for me. But! I made it until the end! And then I nearly collapsed on my living room floor.

Hopefully Day 3 is a bit easier.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Mirrormn wrote:Just finished Day 2 of Week 4. The last 2-3 minutes of my route are up a very steep hill, and Week 4 is the first week in which I am required to run up it instead of walk. The hill was pretty bad on Day 1, but today it was nearly impossible. In the last minute of my run, I was absolutely exhausted in every way, and I had to actively ignore the protestations of my legs, lungs, and heart all screaming that if I insisted on continuing to run, they would simply stop working for me. But! I made it until the end! And then I nearly collapsed on my living room floor.

Hopefully Day 3 is a bit easier.
That's the spirit! The more you do it, the easier it gets. I have a hill on my run route as well, it's near the start of my routine though. Sometimes when I'm running and new little aches and pains show up, I just remind myself that I'm still alive, so I have to keep going.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
zanger

Post by zanger »

Althamus wrote:Do you have a link to a pushup workout you're doing? I just figured on doing push ups until I get tired, but then realised that that probably isn't the smartest way to train.
http://hundredpushups.com/
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

I just do the 'until I get tired' option for all my bodyweight exercises. Usually I'll do one big set where I do something like crunches-->pushups-->leglifts-->jackknife presses-->planks then take a few minutes breather before doing it again. Its usually enough to leave me pleasantly sore for maybe half a day to a day afterwards wtihout really wiping me out.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.