Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

A Forum Member

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by A Forum Member »

Tsubame wrote:
Sk3tch wrote:
Tsubame wrote:threadmills are expensive here.. xD we live a simple life only. hehehe..
I run along the street sidewalks. You don't need to have a certain place to run.
oh no.. believe me, you wouldnt wanna run on the philippine streets. xD so yeah, i just do aikido instead. xD
What happens if you run on the philippine streets?
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

SirSlaughter wrote:
Do you have any gyms nearby? I know on the military post I used to live in there was a free to use gym and over here there are a few gyms you could go to (you need to be a member though). But it's an option right?
yea I have thought about that. a gym membership would be much more reasonable, although it's still hard to justify the expense at the moment when I could just run outside (Don't have a job currently)
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

Tsubame wrote:
Sk3tch wrote:
Tsubame wrote:threadmills are expensive here.. xD we live a simple life only. hehehe..
oh no.. believe me, you wouldnt wanna run on the philippine streets. xD so yeah, i just do aikido instead. xD
What happens if you run on the philippine streets?

Either... you get hit by a vehicle or.. you get mugged. the 2nd option happens mostly at night. the first one, very often.. The Philippine streets lack pedestrian lanes or sidewalks.. and usually, they get parked on. sadly.. there are jogging areas here but i live 2hrs away from the nearest stadium.. and the road getting there is kinda dangerous..

Cosplay Plans in Progress:
Admiral Kizaru -Warring Kingdoms XinZhao -Megaman Black Ace -Aeon-Castlevania
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Tsubame wrote:Either... you get hit by a vehicle or.. you get mugged. the 2nd option happens mostly at night. the first one, very often.. The Philippine streets lack pedestrian lanes or sidewalks.. and usually, they get parked on. sadly.. there are jogging areas here but i live 2hrs away from the nearest stadium.. and the road getting there is kinda dangerous..
I really take my general safety as an American for granted.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Tagredan

Post by Tagredan »

Started this today and hoping I will finish it.
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

Sk3tch wrote:
Tsubame wrote:Either... you get hit by a vehicle or.. you get mugged. the 2nd option happens mostly at night. the first one, very often.. The Philippine streets lack pedestrian lanes or sidewalks.. and usually, they get parked on. sadly.. there are jogging areas here but i live 2hrs away from the nearest stadium.. and the road getting there is kinda dangerous..
I really take my general safety as an American for granted.
xD maybe if i still live in the town proper.. Its still safe to walk and jog in the town proper tho....

Sleeve

Post by Sleeve »

Race day tomorrow, it has all led up to this.

4.5K is no problem for me, I do almost twice that mon/wed/fri. Reaching my goal time of 20:00 is not going to be easy, however.
I managed 20:15 a month ago but at the cost of a shin splint, I haven't had the time to let it fully heal.
I've maintained my fitness but have not been able to practice my pacing, it wasn't worth the risk to my leg.
I can physically do it (as long as my leg doesn't play up), it is just going to rely on me keeping my head.

Wish me luck, I'll update you all tomorrow.

My heart goes out to anyone affected by the event at the Boston Marathon.
"But we missed the point the whole way along. It was a musical thing, and you were supposed to sing, or to dance, while the music was being played." - Alan Watts
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

Sleeve wrote:Race day tomorrow, it has all led up to this.

4.5K is no problem for me, I do almost twice that mon/wed/fri. Reaching my goal time of 20:00 is not going to be easy, however.
I managed 20:15 a month ago but at the cost of a shin splint, I haven't had the time to let it fully heal.
I've maintained my fitness but have not been able to practice my pacing, it wasn't worth the risk to my leg.
I can physically do it (as long as my leg doesn't play up), it is just going to rely on me keeping my head.

Wish me luck, I'll update you all tomorrow.

My heart goes out to anyone affected by the event at the Boston Marathon.
Gambatte! =) do not overdo yourself.. try to keep that in mind. its okay to go past your limits but you still hafta watch out for yourself too.. That is what i learned from a kendo teacher. His tenacity to go past his limit cost him his shoulder blade that left a lifetime mark. So yeah, always take it easy. and ENJOY~

Sleeve

Post by Sleeve »

17:40!!! I finished in 9th out of over 400 (although to be fair it was a charity fun run).

It wasn't exactly fun but it feels so damn good now. Also, free haircut.

I'll now be taking two weeks break or so to let my shin splint heal properly.

All the best everyone.
"But we missed the point the whole way along. It was a musical thing, and you were supposed to sing, or to dance, while the music was being played." - Alan Watts
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Sleeve wrote:17:40!!! I finished in 9th out of over 400 (although to be fair it was a charity fun run).

All the best everyone.
very nice
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
SirSlaughter

Post by SirSlaughter »

I'm a little sad. I put the incline on my treadmill up by 1 point to simulate "outside"running much better and I upped my pace from a 7 (out of 12) to an 8. I was doing good for week 4 day 2, but halfway through it my body just couldn't do it. So I'm gonna re-do this stage as many times as I need to until I can do the whole workout at these settings without dying halfway. Good news is I did 1.4 miles this morning but I still feel a little upset I couldn't make it. (I blame my lack of proper nutrition)
I need to eat more (I still weigh barely over 100 lbs) and see if I can get some bulk in me as well.
ImageImage
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

SirSlaughter wrote:I'm a little sad. I put the incline on my treadmill up by 1 point to simulate "outside"running much better and I upped my pace from a 7 (out of 12) to an 8. I was doing good for week 4 day 2, but halfway through it my body just couldn't do it. So I'm gonna re-do this stage as many times as I need to until I can do the whole workout at these settings without dying halfway. Good news is I did 1.4 miles this morning but I still feel a little upset I couldn't make it. (I blame my lack of proper nutrition)
I need to eat more (I still weigh barely over 100 lbs) and see if I can get some bulk in me as well.
Just keep at it and one day you will be as great as me.
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

Sleeve wrote:17:40!!! I finished in 9th out of over 400 (although to be fair it was a charity fun run).

All the best everyone.
Omedetou! =D that's great to hear then.. (n_n)

Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Tagredan wrote:Started this today and hoping I will finish it.
Welcome, and good for you! Make her proud. How did your second day go?

All the best everyone.
Bravo, Sleeve! 17:40 is blisteringly fast! The fastest I've ever run 5k is 23:30, and that was all-out on a good day. 9th out of 400 is awesome too. I hope your shin mends quickly, have a good rest.
SirSlaughter wrote:I'm a little sad. I put the incline on my treadmill up by 1 point to simulate "outside"running much better and I upped my pace from a 7 (out of 12) to an 8. I was doing good for week 4 day 2, but halfway through it my body just couldn't do it. So I'm gonna re-do this stage as many times as I need to until I can do the whole workout at these settings without dying halfway. Good news is I did 1.4 miles this morning but I still feel a little upset I couldn't make it. (I blame my lack of proper nutrition)
There's no shame in repeating days, I've done that too. Just move up when you're ready. I've also noticed that not eating enough food on the day just kills my running endurance. Don't eat too much unhealthy stuff though. Useless extra weight doesn't help at all, a problem with which I'm well acquainted. :)

--
Update on my stuff: I've had to be offline for a couple of weeks. I have managed to keep up with running, though just barely. Glad to see that everyone is sticking with it and making progress. I'm going to be running my first race this Sunday; I'm a little nervous about it. I've never run with anyone except my wife. It's a 10k that my company participates in that looks fairly intense. My goal is to finish properly and see what my course time is. My ambitious optional goal is to pip my ever-so-fit-doncha-know boss. :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

Pulled off the 2Ks like I planned, so Week 2 is done! I'm surprised at how well I was able to handle the cold wind today, but dammit I want the weather to stay warm.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.