Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Xanatos »

Gamera Ramen wrote:
ThatWeirdOne wrote: You can't let a bit of rain stop you! Rain makes running for me better, since it cools me down real good. I think I can actually run longer when it's raining. :P
It's equal parts that I'm a wimp and I use my phone as a timer/music. But I can just stick it in a plastic bag and it's good to go...
Uh...Do you have pockets? I have pockets. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Xanatos wrote: Uh...Do you have pockets? I have pockets. :P
Pockets? What is this witchcraft of which you speak?
The clothes I run in sadly lack pocketses.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

I had been keeping this up until a few weeks back. Unfortunately my current schedule isn't very suitable. I had completed week 5 with some little modifications to the order of runs in weeks 4 and 5. The first time I went for 21 minutes I had chosen a different course and I couldn't go on after 15 minutes. Although I didn't intend to, I was running faster I guess. (3km in 15 mins) I could complete the run in the second try, at a slower pace, and I felt like I could go on for another 10 minutes. Running 20+ minutes feels really great. I can't wait to start running again.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Week one is done! I've gotta start getting up earlier for this; it gets hotter faster than I thought!
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

ThatWeirdOne wrote:Such a shame that this thread is dying, I've been here on this board on another name. (Couldn't figure out the password for the account. :( )
So anyone still running? I've already passed the 10k a while ago, so I'm taking it a little bit slower. :)
I didn't do the couch to 5k thing, but I do run 3-3.5 miles three days a week because of KS.

It's helped. A lot. In a lot of ways, for which I'm grateful.

now I just need to get a new pair of running shoes, cuz the ones I got are falling apart.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
ThatWeirdOne

Post by ThatWeirdOne »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Week one is done! I've gotta start getting up earlier for this; it gets hotter faster than I thought!
Yeah, it truly is. Congrats on your first week! :P
Hoitash wrote:
ThatWeirdOne wrote:Such a shame that this thread is dying, I've been here on this board on another name. (Couldn't figure out the password for the account. :( )
So anyone still running? I've already passed the 10k a while ago, so I'm taking it a little bit slower. :)
I didn't do the couch to 5k thing, but I do run 3-3.5 miles three days a week because of KS.

It's helped. A lot. In a lot of ways, for which I'm grateful.

now I just need to get a new pair of running shoes, cuz the ones I got are falling apart.
I didn't really do the 5k as well, since I was running before I played Katawa Shoujo, I was really surprised when I first saw this thread though. That so many people got motivation for running by playing a game. :P
Actually is playing the piano/learning/running/bored/chatting with some friends/hanging out with some friends/training/doing something else right now.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

ThatWeirdOne wrote: Yeah, it truly is. Congrats on your first week! :P
Thank you, thank you very much.
Started Week 2 today. I don't plan on quitting this, but I doubt I can finish before school starts.
Nightfish

Post by Nightfish »

2nd week of running after an extended break for me. KS gave me that final little nudge I needed to get going again. Although it's been quite some time for me, I've managed to pick up my routine of running every other day without too much effort. I started out slow, going only 3km at a pace of 10km/hr for the first week. On Sunday I brought that up to 6km, which I repeated today. Gonna keep it that way for 2-3 more times and then bump it up to 9 or 10, which is my target distance. After that I'll try to go faster instead of further, keeping my workout at around 1hour and then I'll just see how far I can get in that time.
ThatWeirdOne

Post by ThatWeirdOne »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Started Week 2 today. I don't plan on quitting this, but I doubt I can finish before school starts.
You don't have to finish it before school starts. :P
Nightfish wrote:2nd week of running after an extended break for me. KS gave me that final little nudge I needed to get going again. Although it's been quite some time for me, I've managed to pick up my routine of running every other day without too much effort. I started out slow, going only 3km at a pace of 10km/hr for the first week. On Sunday I brought that up to 6km, which I repeated today. Gonna keep it that way for 2-3 more times and then bump it up to 9 or 10, which is my target distance. After that I'll try to go faster instead of further, keeping my workout at around 1hour and then I'll just see how far I can get in that time.
While I congratulate you on your amazing progress (it really is!), isn't this destroying you? When I was sick for just a week, and couldn't run, I had to take 2 km of my run to keep the same pace as I normally do, and build it up in 2 weeks. If I had forced it, my body would become very, very tired. (Don't mind my ramblings though, if this works for you. :D )
Actually is playing the piano/learning/running/bored/chatting with some friends/hanging out with some friends/training/doing something else right now.
Nightfish

Post by Nightfish »

ThatWeirdOne wrote:While I congratulate you on your amazing progress (it really is!), isn't this destroying you? When I was sick for just a week, and couldn't run, I had to take 2 km of my run to keep the same pace as I normally do, and build it up in 2 weeks. If I had forced it, my body would become very, very tired. (Don't mind my ramblings though, if this works for you. :D )
Can't blame you for thinking that, honestly. I wasn't really sure how fast I'd be able to get back on track myself. Especially since I took way more than a few weeks off from running. Must have been close to half a year at least, and in that time I did literally nothing at all. Short of getting surgery or starting to smoke, I could not have done anything else to get out of shape. To be frank, I was pretty sure myself that I'd really feel the step up from 3km to 6km.

Funny enough, it didn't turn out that way at all. The worst day so far has been day 2, actually. This is pretty much par for the course, whenever I had to take a break from running or back when I first started, the second day has been the worst, even with proper stretching before and after running - which helps *a lot*. Toughest day to put on my running shoes was Day 3, obviously, I guess. That day I really wasn't sure I'd be able to go the distance. But I also knew from previous experiences that odds are pretty good that I'll actually be able to run off the tired feeling my legs. Worked pretty good, too. Haven't had sore muscles since then. At most, I felt nicely tired in the evening (I do sleep about 8-9hrs /day, which helps) but that's about it.

Going from 3km to 6km after only 3 instances of running 3km, I was almost sure I'd be dead on my feet the next day, but no. Everything's fine. And still is after the second instance of running 6km. I'm really tempted to go 9 or 10km next week. But that's probably as far as I want to push (for now). I'd rather stop before I do destroy myself. After all, the plan is to improve health, not the opposite.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

ThatWeirdOne wrote: You don't have to finish it before school starts. :P
It'd certainly be easier than getting up at 5 or running in the evening instead. Especially once homework starts back up...maybe. I'll work something out.
In other news, I think I'm nearing the point where my willpower's exceeding my body. I need to balance my want to finish my run with my want to not feel like crap for the next 30 minutes.
ThatWeirdOne

Post by ThatWeirdOne »

Gamera Ramen wrote: It'd certainly be easier than getting up at 5 or running in the evening instead. Especially once homework starts back up...maybe. I'll work something out.
Can't run in the morning haha, 5 o'clock up for my job, and 7 o'clock on to my university. My runs are mostly in the evening. :P
Gamera Ramen wrote: In other news, I think I'm nearing the point where my willpower's exceeding my body. I need to balance my want to finish my run with my want to not feel like crap for the next 30 minutes.
Ohoho~, that's a good point! That's the point where everything becomes a lot more fun! Running faster, running longer. :D
Nightfish wrote:Going from 3km to 6km after only 3 instances of running 3km, I was almost sure I'd be dead on my feet the next day, but no. Everything's fine. And still is after the second instance of running 6km. I'm really tempted to go 9 or 10km next week. But that's probably as far as I want to push (for now). I'd rather stop before I do destroy myself. After all, the plan is to improve health, not the opposite.
Yes, well I don't stop you from doing it. If it feels okay, and you say it does, then you certainly shouldn't stop! :D
Nightfish

Post by Nightfish »

ThatWeirdOne wrote:Yes, well I don't stop you from doing it. If it feels okay, and you say it does, then you certainly shouldn't stop! :D
I keep trying to find a situation where this would be inappropriate adivce. No success so far. :D

Didn't take it like you were trying to stop me anyway, but I had similar concerns myself. Either way, today I ran 7km instead of 6km. Worked out pretty well. Maybe I'll keep it that way for a couple weeks.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

So I think I've finally gotten myself back on track (though an earlier part of it). My 2-mile run today went just as planned, which leaves me on what was "Week 4" of my routine. Another thing I've fixed in the meantime is running on the Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday schedule I'm accustomed to, something I didn't really keep to back during the spring.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Hello everyone. I started running 2 months ago, at 13th May, I've been mostly running in the mornings, but from time to time I skip mornings and run after I return from my job.
I was running at normal pace, but I was forced to repeat week 4 and week 5 two times. For two weeks I've been always running 10/3/10, my heart won't allow me other pace. But my legs are quite long, so I manage to do thirteen 400-meter laps, six and a half for each 10 minute interval. That makes it 5,2 km, so I sorta qualify.
Today's been my last day of 9th week, and I want to say, that I feel proud of myself. I raced for last 3 minutes at my top speed using all my remaining stamina, and I was able to hold the pace for entire 3 minutes. I will continue to run every other morning, with hopes of improving even further some day.
I want to say good luck to everyone who's on a course, I want to say good job to everyone, who finished it, I want to say DO IT FAGGET to everyone who is in doubt of starting it. It was a great experience, and I feel myself much better now.

...now, time to actually read the thread...