Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

metalangel

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by metalangel »

I'm no expert. Your weight does fluctuate during the day anyway - they tell to to do your weigh-ins at the same time of the day to get a proper comparison. Have you?

I find a lot of modern bathroom scales have a trendy design where it measures how much four individual feet on the bottom are pushed in, as opposed to the whole thing on the base. An uneven floor can result in a different reading - I've had wildly different results in the same room just by moving the scale around.

You're doing a LOT. Do you have days off to rest?
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

metalangel wrote:I'm no expert. Your weight does fluctuate during the day anyway - they tell to to do your weigh-ins at the same time of the day to get a proper comparison. Have you?

I find a lot of modern bathroom scales have a trendy design where it measures how much four individual feet on the bottom are pushed in, as opposed to the whole thing on the base. An uneven floor can result in a different reading - I've had wildly different results in the same room just by moving the scale around.

You're doing a LOT. Do you have days off to rest?
I take no days off, neither skipping workouts or cheating on the diet. I feel oblidged not to since it's offering me a grasp on life I've rarely experienced and it's doing wonders for me on a mental level (self-confidence,...). I weigh myself every Saturday-morning after getting up just to keep the circumstances equal & time frame between occasions lengthy enough to see if results are manifesting themselves. Even tried weighing myself 3 times today since the result felt off, all offered the same number.

Regarding the weight fluctuations on a daily bases, that only bounces up & down about half a kilo / 2 pounds max. On average a person weighs about a pound / 300 grams more during the evening than he did that same morning.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

In that case, well done! It's not sustainable like that forever, enjoy it while it lasts. I hope you're getting the correct nutrition from what you are eating: you need a lot of protein when you're exercising hard.

My work schedule and the cooling weather means I only get to go for one ride a week (I was only doing one or two a week during the height of summer anyway) but they're four-five hours long. I'm planning on one today, here's to the weather being decent for potentially one of the last times this year.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Well, I've signed up for a year's gym membership. I can't believe it either. I have a few sessions with a personal trainer to work out what I need to do to achieve my goals (I want to build strength, especially back, chest, abs and arms) and then I can use any of the chain's gyms and facilities whenever I like. Since there's one near my apartment and one next door to my workplace, it'll be a great 'well, no plans tonight... let's get our burn on' thing.
AraJustus

Post by AraJustus »

I love going out to the gym. It's like my daily dose. After work, I make sure that I can do my workout before going home. My favorite equipment is the elliptical machine. :D I just bought one of these http://www.thegoodgears.com/Elliptical-Machine/ for workout at my home.
Last edited by AraJustus on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Got ice on my bad knee right now... it's been sore for a week or so now because reasons. Hope it doesn't get in the way too much during the first session tomorrow.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

metalangel wrote:Got ice on my bad knee right now... it's been sore for a week or so now because reasons. Hope it doesn't get in the way too much during the first session tomorrow.
I don't mean to knock any wind out your sails, but depending on what you're doing tomorrow, are you sure it's a good idea putting strain on it tomorrow given you have ice on it now? :/
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

It's okay at the moment. The trainer knows it has an old injury and I will be reminding him tonight.

EDIT: A few of the movements during the assessments hurt, but otherwise it went pretty well. I also found out my body fat is 14%.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

After a hiatus of...too long, I finally went for a run today. It was only a 9/3/9, but after how long it's been I'm surprised at how well that went--I was able to walk home without lying down for a rest, which I usually have to. Maybe I haven't been quite as sedentary as I'd thought? I'll definitely bump it up next time (assuming I don't have another month-long break.)
Not sure when I'll be able to get out again. Schoolwork's pretty nasty, but with Thanksgiving break in 2 weeks I should be able to get out a couple times.
I've toyed with the idea of going to a gym a little bit, but I've never quite managed to take the plunge. A few of my friends work out sometimes, so maybe working with them would be worth looking into?
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Looks like Winter's not gonna slow me down this year!

Although I'm gonna have to get used to icicles in my mustache again....
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Manako

Post by Manako »

What do you think about the "body types" ? are esomorphs doomed to be thin and endomorph doomed to be chubby ?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I wouldn't say 'thin' and 'chubby'... I'd say they affect your overall body shape, but the details lie in your demeanor.
As an Endomorph, I could either pay no attention to my body and become chubby, or I could work out and become a "little block of muscular wonderfuck", as the owner of my Gym claims to be
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Final personal training session complete. I've learned a lot, learned some good moves, he showed me how to use some machines, it was all good.

Unfortunately, gyms are a business too, so he had to hard sell me on more training. 72(!!!) more sessions, either twice or thrice a week. Just under $4400. Um, no. I can barely afford this gym membership, never mind $50 an hour for you to remind me of the half dozen or so exercises we've been doing and guide me through them. Yes, eventually, we'd advance them as I progressed but that is far, far, FAR out of my price range.

Plus, as I was telling my friend enroute to dinner, I hate having preset appointments to exercise like this. I went out and biked all summer because I wanted to. I will go to the gym now that it's cold, and use the exercise bikes and weights and machines because I want to. Knowing I have to, after a long day at work, twice a week, on a specific day at a specific time? Nope.

I really hate high pressure sales. You're not sure how much is the pitch and how much is the person's genuine desire to help you, but you feel like a dick telling them no regardless.

Luckily for me, that gym isn't my local one anyway, so I won't have to face repeated 'hey man, have you thought about doing more sessions together?'
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Yeah, I have a hard time with those kinda sales, too.

So, morning run postponed to afternoon due to freezing rain and impassible roads and sidewalks.

I'm not happy about it, but the alternative is slipping and breaking my neck, so I guess I'm okay waiting. Hopefully it won't freeze over again until there's more salt and snow on the road so I can follow the car tracks like last year.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

First session by myself today. An hour on the stationary bike is a lot harder than riding a real one, there's not nearly as much variation, no breeze (no fans nearby in the gym). It's also not as comfortable, and damn boring! I don't have a tablet on which to watch movies so I was stuck with my iPod and the news channel.

Then did 30 or so minutes on the series of nine machines they recommend for beginners. Very tired after that, showered, came home. Protein shake and some Greek yogurt.

Really not seeing the point of a personal trainer, and all evidence on the internet (and from real life friends who've been doing this much longer) agrees. I ever read a story of someone with the same chain of gyms who was given the same 72 session plan, the same ludicrous cost... and their trainer missed a ton of sessions and then quit!