Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by NoOne3 »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:I have come to the conclusion that knees are dumb as hell and should really have been designed better.
Oh, I wouldn't say that. These are quite sophisticated single plane joints, with a reasonably wide angle of work (almost 180 degrees), self-lubricating, with shock absorbing padding. They are designed as long lasting, with implemented self maintenance measures, no replaceble consumable parts.
And that's just a knee, think about a hip-joint, or wrist, or even the joint at the base of your thumb.
:roll:
I think humanity has much to learn, before it will be able to replicate the commercial success of this product.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
urishima

Post by urishima »

NoOne3 wrote:
HurricaneHarvey wrote:I have come to the conclusion that knees are dumb as hell and should really have been designed better.
Oh, I wouldn't say that. These are quite sophisticated single plane joints, with a reasonably wide angle of work (almost 180 degrees), self-lubricating, with shock absorbing padding. They are designed as long lasting, with implemented self maintenance measures, no replaceble consumable parts.
And that's just a knee, think about a hip-joint, or wrist, or even the joint at the base of your thumb.

I think humanity has much to learn, before it will be able to replicate the commercial success of this product.
Foot, man. That's one badass, complicated set of bones, joints, tendons and muscles.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Knee is one awesome and tough son of a gun but foot... He's one a whole different level.
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

NoOne3 wrote:

Gordon Freeman has spoken
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I was a runner like you once, but then i took an Emi's running plan to the knee.
Last edited by gRaViJa on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Really? Reaaaallly?

On a healthy eating related note, I discovered my favorite kind of grape juice has HFCS in it. It hate how that stuff is in ALL OF THE DRINKS ever made.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

MoogleDee wrote:Really? Reaaaallly?

On a healthy eating related note, I discovered my favorite kind of grape juice has HFCS in it. It hate how that stuff is in ALL OF THE DRINKS ever made.
Except Water.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Manman

Post by Manman »

ouch, that arrow joke made me cry

:|
Tempester

Post by Tempester »

Juice? Ha. I only drink water and milk. And I eat fruits if I want "juice". :)

It annoys me so much when I go out to buy yogurt and find a "natural"-flavored yogurt with sugar added to it. I mean, it's supposed to be *natural*, doesn't adding sugar to it defeat the purpose? If I wanted sugar on my plain yogurt, I'd add my own, darn it!

Edit: On the topic of juice, I just found this:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=431617
Enjoy reading!
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Tempester wrote:

Juice? Ha. I only drink water and milk. And I eat fruits if I want "juice". :)

It annoys me so much when I go out to buy yogurt and find a "natural"-flavored yogurt with sugar added to it. I mean, it's supposed to be *natural*, doesn't adding sugar to it defeat the purpose? If I wanted sugar on my plain yogurt, I'd add my own, darn it!

Edit: On the topic of juice, I just found this:
Enjoy reading!
The only Juice I like is Apple Juice, because when I was a kid it was like the thing! I really loved Apple Juice, I never truly let go of that either.
MY CODE:
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Aspartame! All the taste, none of the calories! And only a tenuous link to being carcinogenic...
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

There are 100% juices that have no sugar added. Not to say they are not filled with tons of sugar. Just no extra is add and no HFCS. Of course they are always far more expensive then normal juice of any kind.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:There are 100% juices that have no sugar added. Not to say they are not filled with tons of sugar. Just no extra is add and no HFCS. But since they are always far more expensive then normal juice of any kind.
So since they can still be high on carbohydrates, because of natural fructose content (which is by the way the same fructose as in High Fructose Corn Syrup), why pay the price for it? From the dietary/weightloss point of view?
Mirrormn wrote:Aspartame! All the taste, none of the calories!
All the taste of what exactly? The aftertaste is awfoul. Can't rant enough about this shit.
Tempester wrote:Edit: On the topic of juice, I just found this:
Enjoy reading!
Usually it's pretty obvious if you read the label properly. Most of even best juice brands would have at least some citric acid added, just as an "acidity regulator". The problem is when the chem is getting harmfull (and we don't really know when).
Years ago I watched a science show on tv, where they made a glass of OJ while talking about artificial additives and preservatices, just by mixing some chemicals, according to approved factory recipe. First they made colour and opacity, then mixed for the taste. Without a single orange in it.
And smell of bananas is simple to replicate, we've done it on chemistry classes in school. With enough effort you could fake anything.

Still, there's no place for great dissapointment. There are tons of additives in all food we get, and there's no escape. Unless you all want to live on low-tech, low-chem hippy-farm, and make all your food yourself, there will be always some chem.

And this HFCS scare looks a bit like boogeyman to me. Can't find a decent article about research prooving it being more harmfull than sugar (sugar sets the needed harmfullness level pretty high, mind you). It looks similar to "ban DHMO" campaign, about harmfullness of dihydrogen monoxide.
Of course it's not healthy, but discovering a vast conspiracy about it is just the way of Kenji.
And everything with lots of calories will make you fat when guzzled by the gallons.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

MoogleDee wrote:On a healthy eating related note, I discovered my favorite kind of grape juice has HFCS in it. It hate how that stuff is in ALL OF THE DRINKS ever made.
Legally, that is not a fruit juice, even in the States.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Completed week 7 with a 27 minutes run! Today i even overtook some other joggers and they couldn't follow me :p okay, they were a fair bit older than me, but still :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Way to go, man!
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me