Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MoogleDee

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by MoogleDee »

Bigbishounen wrote:
NoOne3 wrote:Oh, I'm owned for some time now, and on the long way to getting married, so I know the ups and downs. Just thought it might be a sore thumb for some here. Still, t'was more of a joke.
No worries, that's the way it was taken. I just ramble sometimes. Don't mind me. :)
Anywhere else and I'd find it strange to find two people being frighteningly nice to each other on the internet. Here, it just makes me grin.

Moving on, remember how I mentioned this morning I had to use the treadmill instead of run outside due to rain? Two hours after I had finished it was bright and sunny (albeit cold n windy) outside. Rickim frackim. The forecast better stay the way it's predicted so I can get some outdoor running or I'll get all cankerous and stuff.

And on yet another note - I'm going to be compiling a full playlist for the latter portions of EC25k. I'm planning to include a songs ready for stretching/warmup, the run itself, the cooldown, and the last oompf before cooldown. I don't have anything in stone yet, but I know I want Hanako.mp3 to sprint to for the last oompf. Y'know, just for shits and giggles. I don't necessarily agree with the song, but I can't deny the energy and it's relevance to KS.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

I am on a vacation visiting friends which is going to make keeping running difficult for the next week. I dont know the area to just go run outside and they do not have any treadmill or anything. Hopefully they can show me someplace like a park around here but I get the feeling it means I am going to be missing out on runs for the next few days. :(
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Paul Atreides

Post by Paul Atreides »

This will be my rutine next months:

Mondays: 1.30h. on the gym.

Wednesdays: 30-40 min. on the gym and 1h. of boxing.

Fridays: 30-40 min. on the gym and 1h. of boxing.

Sundays: Soccer match that would be 90 minutes long.

Wish me luck to fulfill my goal u_u.
TamagoTwo

Post by TamagoTwo »

I'm still out of action with my bad leg. It's getting better gradually, but today for some reason it really hurt. Its annoying because I felt like I was really making progress, and now I'm falling back into my old habits. I hope it recovers soon.
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Yep, an injury can really throw you out of training :(

My heart rate is rising slowly again, was at 52bpm today so I managed a 20 minute walk uphill today. Hope I'll feel good enough to do some biking tomorrow. That crap is really worrying me, not that it is an arrhythmia.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
ook

Post by ook »

Today when I opened the door to go outside for the run, I felt a gust of WARM air. :shock:
WOW, somehow it's 69 degrees here. Yesterday was in the 30s.

weird. Anyway week 3 complete :)
I still have my doubts about week 4, but we'll see.

Hope you guys get better soon. that sucks
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Well, today I signed up for a 5k run/walk in June, and did my first Couch to 5k with Emi session. With a little KS OST music to time things out, it's really pretty fun, although tiring, of course! Hopefully I can continue the routine into the indefinite future...
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Stan64

Post by Stan64 »

Woah!

Ran my first day yesterday, it's really cold here but I just had a lot of clothes on and went out a bit to hard on the first running bit and after four I thought I would have to give up. But I pressed on and felt on the eight and last that I could have runned a bit harder on the last ones. =D

Tuesday - Friday and Sunday for me, but I have to make the run on thursday this week because of a concert on friday. =D
Order in which I beat the routes:
Emi > Hanako ...
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

More runners! Excellent!

After 4 days of bad weather and a small fever, i'm gonna go run again this evening. hopefully i'm still able to complete the 20 mins without having to stop running.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Started Week 2 last night.

Went very well. went a full 31 minutes (21 min of exercise + 5min warm up cool down x2) and went a full 1.81 miles Was at 1.80 at the 30 minute mark, so even then I improved since last week! While today was a bit harder (more running, slightly longer routine) overall I still felt great afterward.

No soreness today either. Not even any tightness in the legs. If anything, getting out of bed was easier, despite having stayed up far too late reading about Nurse-Kun on shii. So all signs point to HEALTH!

Is everyone else that's doing this also on Fitocracy too? Or did that not "take"? I don't want to be missing any part of the experience here, I'm really enjoying being a part of something that is also helping me form good habits (Even had a near-continental level breakfast today. Very proud of myself for the restraint.) So I want to extend it out so that I have less excuses to slack.

Looking forward to the next session!
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I think about 5 people from here are also on fitocracy. My run earlier today went really well, despite the rain. Next run i'll extend from 20mins to 23mins. (currently at week 5 but ahead of schedule ^^)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

I think we've gotten most regulars on this thread on Fitocracy and if not, there's enough invites to go around by now.

Different question: Is it better to run on an empty stomach, a light snack, or after a full meal? I've been running on near empty/empty this whole time and I'm curious if I'm hampering my progress in losing weight or not. Part of me wants to think that by going empty, I'm burning off my reserves (fat) rather than what I would have just eaten.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

You are burning fat continuously anyway, only the amount varies. If you run on empty stomach, you just burn the glycogen reserves instead of blood sugar as a primary energy source, that's all. Light snack is fine, empty stomach isn't too bad either if you don't overreach, just be sure to eat something after the workout to restore depleted reserves, otherwise you might lose some muscle mass (not really much, but why lose it in first place?)
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

dunkelfalke wrote:You are burning fat continuously anyway, only the amount varies. If you run on empty stomach, you just burn the glycogen reserves instead of blood sugar as a primary energy source, that's all. Light snack is fine, empty stomach isn't too bad either if you don't overreach, just be sure to eat something after the workout to restore depleted reserves, otherwise you might lose some muscle mass (not really much, but why lose it in first place?)
Bingo. Personally workout on a light stomach and drink plenty of fluids during my routine.

Also I find eating as a reward for working out since I have the biggest appetite after my routines that I put to rest with a protein shake and a good meal.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

FissionXMailed wrote:
dunkelfalke wrote:You are burning fat continuously anyway, only the amount varies. If you run on empty stomach, you just burn the glycogen reserves instead of blood sugar as a primary energy source, that's all. Light snack is fine, empty stomach isn't too bad either if you don't overreach, just be sure to eat something after the workout to restore depleted reserves, otherwise you might lose some muscle mass (not really much, but why lose it in first place?)
Bingo. Personally workout on a light stomach and drink plenty of fluids during my routine.
Also I find eating as a reward for working out since I have the biggest appetite after my routines that I put to rest with a protein shake and a good meal.
Danke both. And yes, I've also discovered the joy of post-workout foodsies!