Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Heartless Wanderer

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

zanger wrote:I'd like to take this opportunity to inform y'all that the parts of your body that girls find the hottest are:

your ass, and
your back !

:D
Well, it varies. Some girls are more impressed when you have a well-built front, don'tcha know.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
ook

Post by ook »

zanger wrote:I'd like to take this opportunity to inform y'all that the parts of your body that girls find the hottest are:

your ass, and
your back !

So make sure to do your squats and pull-ups. :D

Walrusfella wrote:This encouraging progress has lead me settle upon a new challenge: I declare before this honourable thread that, barring grievous injury or unforeseen calamity, I will run one-score-and-one-point-one kilometres, or a half-marathon, before the arrival of the new year.

This will mark the zenith of my Emi-inspired running that I began in April, on day 1 of week 1 of Couch to 5k when I had trouble running a minute.

I'm telling you guys this now so it's more likely that I'll push myself hard to make it. If I'm found wanting, feel free to ridicule. You could even scorn, if you prefer. :) As always, the following applies: if an overweight 30 year old with bad shins can do it, you sure can too.
I believe in you walrus! There's still plenty of time before the new year, so make sure you don't add too much distance too quickly. But if there's anyone here who can run a half marathon it's you 8)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

your ass, and
your back !

When did you get this unanimous vote from the millions of girls on this planet? :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

W2D3 finished. My shins are in pain :(
But they always are after a run, the next day the pain goes away.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I hit 70 pushups when my previous best was 60! o.o What am I doing to have made such a jump with no practice? Does the fact that I down protein shakes nonstop in the 3-4 days in between sets have anything to do with it? :|
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Heartless Wanderer

Pseudogenesis wrote:I hit 70 pushups when my previous best was 60! o.o What am I doing to have made such a jump with no practice? Does the fact that I down protein shakes nonstop in the 3-4 days in between sets have anything to do with it? :|
Well, a sufficient period of time for your body to rest, recover, and build off of your hard work, plus giving it enough "materials" to build with... certainly helps. That said, you don't need that many protein shakes.

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:I hit 70 pushups when my previous best was 60! o.o What am I doing to have made such a jump with no practice? Does the fact that I down protein shakes nonstop in the 3-4 days in between sets have anything to do with it? :|
Well, a sufficient period of time for your body to rest, recover, and build off of your hard work, plus giving it enough "materials" to build with... certainly helps. That said, you don't need that many protein shakes.

Good hypothesis, but it's got two fatal flaws:

1. When I say "Set", I mean I do as many pushups as I can, then stop for something like half a week. Not exactly strenuous muscle-building exercise.
And 2. I only drink so many protein shakes because they're damn delicious.

So basically, I'm doing exercise totally wrong, but still experiencing results. I don't even.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Heartless Wanderer

Pseudogenesis wrote:And 2. I only drink so many protein shakes because they're damn delicious.
You have... odd tastes, good sir. I've had some protein shakes in my day, and they always have a strange sort of under-taste to them that makes it rather hard to enjoy them.

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:And 2. I only drink so many protein shakes because they're damn delicious.
You have... odd tastes, good sir. I've had some protein shakes in my day, and they always have a strange sort of under-taste to them that makes it rather hard to enjoy them.

Try Herbalife. It's glorious.

It's like a toned-down milkshake that doesn't make you feel like shit afterwards.

Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Try Herbalife. It's glorious.
+1
I drink it too. It's pretty awesome.

And you build muscle when you basically tear your muslce apart and let it regrow. If you're pushing yourself to exhaustion and then letting yourself fully heal, it should build muscle pretty quick from what I know. Downside is that you'll feel pretty sore for the day or two after you excersise each time, which is why people don't tend to do it that way.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Heartless Wanderer

Althamus wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:Try Herbalife. It's glorious.
+1
I drink it too. It's pretty awesome.

And you build muscle when you basically tear your muslce apart and let it regrow. If you're pushing yourself to exhaustion and then letting yourself fully heal, it should build muscle pretty quick from what I know. Downside is that you'll feel pretty sore for the day or two after you excersise each time, which is why people don't tend to do it that way.
Well, that's if you want to bulk up rather than tone, but after a point that just gets somewhat ridiculous. Doing more sets of less strenuous exercise is the way to "tone," as I understand it, which is what you want if you don't want to get particularly bulky. When you want lean muscle, in other words.

dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Beh. I hate protein shakes. I'd rather eat sour milk cheese than drink protein shakes and that tells a lot.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Heartless Wanderer

dunkelfalke wrote:Beh. I hate protein shakes. I'd rather eat sour milk cheese than drink protein shakes and that tells a lot.
I don't like protein shakes much myself, but that's a bit extreme...

Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Protein shakes are handy because they are a more concentrated source of protein. But if your diet is balanced and you eat your veggies, you don't really need them.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Reksho wrote:Protein shakes are handy because they are a more concentrated source of protein. But if your diet is balanced and you eat your veggies, you don't really need them.

Which is why I drink protein shakes. :p