Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by LordMarluxia »

SpunkySix wrote:
Have you tried late night running?

As an aside here, I have 15 miles today from my coach, and that will be the longest I've ever run without stopping so... wish me luck, please. My legs are gonna be dead after this, I can already feel it.
It's kinda hard because I normally go to bed at around 11pm (more or less), I'm one of those people that needs sleep. Seeing me with sleepy isn't a pretty sight. Dealing with me much less.

Good luck mate! Keep at it!
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

After a hiatus of...I don't want to know how long, I finally went for a run today. Only went for an 11/3/11, but that still managed to give me a run for my money (pun intended.) School's starting this week, which is forcing me to finally start getting up before 9, so running in the summer is finally feasible again (it doesn't cool off until near sundown I don't like to run in the dark.)
Also good luck to Spunky! That run sounds killer, but completing it's something to be proud of!
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Thanks guys! It was definitely a stretch, but I got it done and now I have a new length and time record set for myself.

Hope you can find the time soon enough then, Marlux.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:Thanks guys! It was definitely a stretch, but I got it done and now I have a new length and time record set for myself.

Fantastic mate! :D How long did it take you, in total?

Night running is beautiful, but I rarely get to do it as I frequently have to get up for work at 5:00am, which means my brain now seems to switch off around 10:30pm.
I was actually wondering only yesterday where you'd gone Gamera :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Thanks guys! It was definitely a stretch, but I got it done and now I have a new length and time record set for myself.

Fantastic mate! :D How long did it take you, in total?
Thank you. It took 123 minutes.
TK8305

Post by TK8305 »

Hit a new low of 193 yesterday! Continuing my walks, eating less (still eating decent meals through the day), stomach tucks, bowling more! Culmination of all the above seems to be working rapidly now.
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

TK8305 wrote:Hit a new low of 193 yesterday! Continuing my walks, eating less (still eating decent meals through the day), stomach tucks, bowling more! Culmination of all the above seems to be working rapidly now.
Good for you, man. Feels good, doesn't it?
DrNonookee

Post by DrNonookee »

It's been a looooong time since I posted in here, but I thought I'd just drop this onto the table.

Once upon a time, a combination of a car-wreck-related physical injury and Emi's route convinced me it was finally time to get off my ass and start working towards losing weight. That was two and a half years ago, by my count. I used to weigh around 430lbs...as of my latest doctor's visit a week ago, I now weight just under 330.

I've lost over a hundred pounds. :shock:

Ironically, I'm not even doing any exercise - even at my reduced size, it's a pain in the ass. I've just been on a strict calorie diet.

Operation 'Put Down The ****ing Fork' has been a resounding success. :mrgreen: I'm going to keep this thing going, and see how much farther it'll take me.
Now playing: Final Fantasy 14
Charlotte Donnay - Hyperion server. Look me up sometime!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That's great news. Congratulations.

Also, I haven't seen you around in forever. Have you come back to stay or are you just passing by?
Not Dead Yet
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

does anyone know how to find out what are the name of the songs from the mixes? some of them sound really nice and i want to listen to their full versions
Assertive

Post by Assertive »

I haven't tried this yet, try downloading shazam onto your phone and using that to find the song names, worked for me many times :D

Quick running update:
I've taken to running quite a fast pace, but that might slow down in the later weeks, I've also managed to pick up my overweight dad as a partner, so emi has helped us both get healthier! I'm off to Italy so might not be as fit when I return, anyone taken a break like this before/missed a few sessions before? Any way to make it easier returning to running?
Would you take on a disablility to relive somebody else?
Great, holiday. 3 weeks no KS D:
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Assertive wrote:I haven't tried this yet, try downloading shazam onto your phone and using that to find the song names, worked for me many times :D

Quick running update:
I've taken to running quite a fast pace, but that might slow down in the later weeks, I've also managed to pick up my overweight dad as a partner, so emi has helped us both get healthier! I'm off to Italy so might not be as fit when I return, anyone taken a break like this before/missed a few sessions before? Any way to make it easier returning to running?
First of all, congrats to you and your dad. It's cool that you're running together- that really helps, and it's a nice bonding experience.

As for your question, as long as you don't take breaks often, you won't actually lose speed/strength for ~two weeks. As long as you warm up nicely on your first run back, you should be fine. At worst, you'll be slightly rusty for the first mile and then you'll be right back in the game after that.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I've barely done any running this past 2 months - any that I have run I've posted here, and that's not been a lot. However, thanks to work I've been cycling about 10 miles a day, 6 days a week for about 2 months, over which period I've lost about 8 pounds (12st to 11st 6lb). Is that a healthy drop? I've never been bulky aside from my thighs and knees, but I'm a bit concerned as I've never lost weight.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I've barely done any running this past 2 months - any that I have run I've posted here, and that's not been a lot. However, thanks to work I've been cycling about 10 miles a day, 6 days a week for about 2 months, over which period I've lost about 8 pounds (12st to 11st 6lb). Is that a healthy drop? I've never been bulky aside from my thighs and knees, but I'm a bit concerned as I've never lost weight.
I have to ask... is the weight loss consistent, or is it water weight?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I've barely done any running this past 2 months - any that I have run I've posted here, and that's not been a lot. However, thanks to work I've been cycling about 10 miles a day, 6 days a week for about 2 months, over which period I've lost about 8 pounds (12st to 11st 6lb). Is that a healthy drop? I've never been bulky aside from my thighs and knees, but I'm a bit concerned as I've never lost weight.
I have to ask... is the weight loss consistent, or is it water weight?
I think it's consistent as I weigh myself first thing in the morning. There might be a bit of fluctuation but I wouldn't have thought 8lb worth.