Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Al

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Al »

Thrasher Thetic wrote:Found a caloric intake calculator that actually matches my experience pretty well.

2800 maintenance, 2300 fat loss, 1750 crash.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
Just a quickie, how tall are you and how much you weigh?
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

dunkelfalke wrote:Real tea, dude.

Anyway, if you satisfy your sweet tooth again and again many times a day, you get too used to the sweet taste and need more and more sugar to achieve the same effect.
When you cut the sugar down (way way down in your case), sweet stuff suddenly starts being far more satisfying.

And you will also be able to enjoy taste nuances more.

Oh i do drink real Tea. And im pretty sure i've cut down on sugers, not by choice and not enough still. but i don't do the shopping, but yet they don't buy Fruit XD, i forgot to tell them to buy damn apples. I can understand what u mean sweets taste better as a sometimes food lol.

Also talking about weight in the previous posts, I am the same weight as batman lol but not as tall, im 210 pounds, yet i don't look it, because i have some body fat but more muscle mass, its funny cause no one can guess my weight, Im just not generally fit. My father and his father before him passed away the same way, heart attack Even know my dad was fit as a horse, he had diabieites from drinking tons of pop(way more than me) and Coffee. Also being native amercian its common in our race sadly. So i have reasons to make my heart stronger, and i got to go get my blood tested aswell.

So it goes beyond just wanting to get fit, its also a precaution
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

urishima wrote:hey guys, messing around with this fitocracy thingy right now and I am having trouble finding the right machines in the lost here.

There is a rowing machine in the trainign circle at my gym. It's not the kind of rowing machine where you pull a cable and move your whole body, it's other sort where you have a fixed seat and only pull with your arms. Does anyone know what the proper english name for that is?

http://www.fysiomed.com/en/products/254 ... hine-80-kg
rowing machine is the proper term. Its actually in the link you posted.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Al wrote: Just a quickie, how tall are you and how much you weigh?
6' even, 195-200lbs, body fat estimated at 18%. *edit* oh, and I get a fairly intense workout in 4-5 times weekly.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
urishima

Post by urishima »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:
urishima wrote:hey guys, messing around with this fitocracy thingy right now and I am having trouble finding the right machines in the lost here.

There is a rowing machine in the trainign circle at my gym. It's not the kind of rowing machine where you pull a cable and move your whole body, it's other sort where you have a fixed seat and only pull with your arms. Does anyone know what the proper english name for that is?

http://www.fysiomed.com/en/products/254 ... hine-80-kg
rowing machine is the proper term. Its actually in the link you posted.
Thought so. The thing is that fitocracy doesn't have this sort of machine listed. Just the regular rowing machine under cardio.
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:I can understand what u mean sweets taste better as a sometimes food lol.
Btw, why hasn't the food industry already invented healthy sweets? I mean, they made fucking Coke Zero that has zero sugar and zero calories and still tastes exactly like regular Coca Cola. Why can't they make chocolate without sugar and fat then? Sure, they'd have to put a little bit of research into it, but imagine how much of that shit they could sell!
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Because it would not be chocolate anymore. Chocolate is by its very definition made of cocoa butter and cocoa powder. Sugar is optional, though, so you can buy something like Lindt 99% cocoa chocolate. It is really damn bitter and very dry, though. To me, personally, the optimal cocoa content is 75%-82%.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Sweets are perfectly healthy.... when you don't gorge yourself on them.

Just about anything is fine as long as you moderate yourself.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Panty Supervisor wrote:I mean, they made fucking Coke Zero that has zero sugar and zero calories
Have you try it? Keeping the taste in mind I can't even imagine how foul the aspartam chocolate would be. There are some things that are not meant to be.
dunkelfalke wrote:Go for the most expensive one you can get.
That's what I'm afraid of. I'll try to look around the tea-shop next time I'll be around, but generally I expect to stick with Tetley's Earl-Gray. The problem with sophisticated unbranded tea is the same as with wine. I can't distinguish a 5euro wine from 100euro one (still 5 euro for a wine is the limit I dare not cross down). It just passes by my unrefined taste-buds. It's pretty the same with tea.
And I'm way down with sugar now, comparing to my schooldays. I'm using about two teaspoons per mug (cups are for Lillys of this world). Experience of my youth tells me you can dissolve five spoons easily with a decent stirring, and it's not the world record either.

I guess, I'll see myself at the end of 5k challange first. Then I'll look into my dietary habits. Hell, I might even get a shave and a haircut then... rawr.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

With that much sugar no wonder.
I feel like getting diabetes from reading your description alone
Stan64

Post by Stan64 »

You guys rock, I'm gonna start running this emi running thing as well as I do some other stuff like sit ups and push ups and playing dance machine games again.

Anyone have a fitocrazy invite?

I've only just started out and the Emi route was my first one and made me put my life in perspective. So I'm going to try harder at everything! And getting into shape again is one of those things!
Order in which I beat the routes:
Emi > Hanako ...
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Stan64 wrote:You guys rock, I'm gonna start running this emi running thing as well as I do some other stuff like sit ups and push ups and playing dance machine games again.

Anyone have a fitocrazy invite?

I've only just started out and the Emi route was my first one and made me put my life in perspective. So I'm going to try harder at everything! And getting into shape again is one of those things!
I have some. Just PM me your email and I'll get back to you when I can.

ATM have 10 invites. (Everyone who got invited by MoogleDee also got 10 invites.)
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Ok, A day late, but I completed Week1, Day 3 on Sunday. Felt great!

Actually I've noticed something interesting. Each day I exercise I seem to get a bit faster. On my first day, including warm up and cool down times, the treadmill recorded I ran 1.29 miles, or just over 5 laps of the virtual track. The second day it recorded I ran 1.45 miles. Again, same exercise plan, same time expired while run/walking. The third day it recorded I ran/walked 1.79 miles, just over 7 laps of the track! This is with the same amount of warm-up and cool down walk per day. This last day I actually had to SPEED UP the treadmill during the run cycles because it felt like I wasn't "hitting my stride", even towards the end. So clearly, my body remembers once being in shape. I used to cycle quite a bit when I was a teenager, and in my early 20's I rode 10 miles a day at one point. It's amazing that the muscle memory is still there, 20 YEARS later. Incredible.

I have to say too, I felt fantastic afterward. Tired, of course, but not super-tired. Oddly, I actually felt stronger upon stopping than I did before I started, despite being soaked with sweat and physically exhausted. I stretched a bit once my cool down was done, and had no trouble at all mounting the stairs from my basement. I got this odd "tingling" sensation down the back of my neck a few times during the run too. As though all the pores on my body were opening up and "breathing". I haven't felt that since I had to set cycling aside years ago.

On a more personal note, and without going into too much detail, I found that I had plenty of energy left over for "extracurricular activities" with my wife after I showered up. Another nice perk I guess. She seemed to appreciate it anyway. :wink: :oops: :wink:

So I'm looking forward to starting week 2. Looks like it's going to get a bit tougher, but I think I'm ready for it. Now I just need to make the necessary adjustments to my diet (time to start really cutting down on the fatty foods and focus on lean meats and lots of veggies.) and I may actually start cutting this flab off my body. Awesome!

See you all out on the track!
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Bigbishounen wrote:On a more personal note, and without going into too much detail, I found that I had plenty of energy left over for "extracurricular activities" with my wife after I showered up. Another nice perk I guess. She seemed to appreciate it anyway. :wink: :oops: :wink:
Testosterone levels rise when you work out, so it is normal. Before my knee injury I used to do a bit weight lifting, afterwards I often enough wished I had a wife.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:I can understand what u mean sweets taste better as a sometimes food lol.
Btw, why hasn't the food industry already invented healthy sweets? I mean, they made fucking Coke Zero that has zero sugar and zero calories and still tastes exactly like regular Coca Cola. Why can't they make chocolate without sugar and fat then? Sure, they'd have to put a little bit of research into it, but imagine how much of that shit they could sell!
They have.

The problem is that in the past most non-sugar candies tasted somewhere between "slightly bitter" and "downright vile". This is changing though. The best I've had recently was actually a diet bar that used Splenda as the sweetener rather than sugar. (I think that the Atkins company sells alot of those kinds of things. it's part of their diet plan.) Also, when I was growing up I had alot of "Carob chips", which my mom used to bake into faux chocolate chip cookies. Those aren't no sugar, but they do use less sugar and have less fat in them.

Coca-Cola also sells a version of coke that uses Splenda as the sweetener rather than HFCS or sugar. It's actually quite good, I prefer it to regular cola. Although I still can't drink much in the way of carbonated beverages, so for me it matters little. So yeah, that stuff is out there and more of it every day. it's just that the faux sweeteners cost FAR more than Sugar or (especially) HFCS, so it's a simple matter of economics. Companies have to charge a bit more for faux sweetened drinks, and not everyone likes that taste, so they have a large incentive to keep making what they make, how they make it. Until the economics of it change (By the govt. NOT subsidizing "Big Corn" and HFCS anymore) then it will continue as it is now.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.