Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

andros414

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by andros414 »

Althamus wrote:
andros414 wrote:I may have inadvertently made it more difficult on myself, though. I did the actual Day 1 routine about 5 minutes after doing my "initial test." ^^;
Gratz! Although I'm impressed. When I do an endurance test, it completely knocks my arms out, and for about an hour afterwards my arms (if not body) feels like it's made of jelly, and I can't do pushups for at least a day afterwards.

Having said that, did 50 pushups a day or two ago to keep my hand in. Managed to do the first 30 with only a second or two break, although the last 10 were quite hard because of the fast first 30. I'll try again before bed tonight.
Thanks, Altha. Kinda looking forward to doing Wk1d2, but I may repeat wk1d1 on the push-ups. I could probably go lower, if I suck in my belly a bit as I go down. :lol:

Second attempt at doing Wk1D1 on the c25k went better than Monday. Walked out of my neighborhood again, only to run back to my house. I know it's not the full wk1d1, but I'm closer. Took about 9.5 minutes to walk out, ran back for 1 min, walked 3, and by the time I ran my second minute, I was already home. ^^; Legs are definitely more sore now than before, though that should hopefully ease off by the time I'm ready to go again Friday. Tempted to do a simple 2 mile walk (no running/jogging at all) Thursday morning after breakfast if it's still cool enough, but I don't want to push myself too much (and I may not even wake up in time, :lol: ).
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
Nullc0de

Post by Nullc0de »

Okay, so today I went to this park, just a couple of minutes away from home, so I could do some "terrain surveillance". It's really big. totally empty (seems like people here in Brazil give zero fucks about parks, sadly) and tonnes of trees, which is always a nice setting. And I've sent my curriculum to my sis' boss and I'm probably going to start working soon, which means I'm actually going to have a real schedule so I can start planning things like jogging and such.

Pathing: Lily / Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Character: Lily / Hanako > Shizune > Emi > Rin
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

Okay lets start exercising!
*Three Weeks Later*
Okay so we may have only ran for two days.
*The Next Day*
Lets start exercising!
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

andros414 wrote: Walked out of my neighborhood again, only to run back to my house.
Say no more, I've lived in neighbourhoods like that as well :lol:
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Weird Badger

Post by Weird Badger »

Hey an old friend of mine started to run too, now i have a running partner yay.
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

Been awhile since I checked in here, but since my last post I'm down another 26lbs.

So in total since the start of the year I'm off about 48lbs all together.
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Removed ingrown toenail today, so I shouldn't (which doesn't mean I absolutely won't, that'll depend if my foot hurts) in the next few days. Then, after moving, I'm gonna join a gym so I'll run/exercise everyday.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Enemy | wrote:Removed ingrown toenail today, so I shouldn't (which doesn't mean I absolutely won't, that'll depend if my foot hurts) in the next few days. Then, after moving, I'm gonna join a gym so I'll run/exercise everyday.
Running may not work but you could still do a bike with open toed shoes so you don't miss too many days.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I don't have a bike ;_;
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

(no pun intended), i cycled over 50k today, feels good man.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

erisi236 wrote:Been awhile since I checked in here, but since my last post I'm down another 26lbs.

High five. I'm also on the weight loss smash. We shall be brothers in loss. =)
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Weird Badger

Post by Weird Badger »

In the last few days i thought it was ok to run alone and i was motivated, today i had a run with an old friends and i realized it is a billion times better.
Things are improving.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Weird Badger wrote:In the last few days i thought it was ok to run alone and i was motivated, today i had a run with an old friends and i realized it is a billion times better.
Things are improving.
How are you running, Dr. Strangelove?
You are in a wheelchair.

Wait a minute... how am I losing weight?
I am an apple.

This is terrible.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Anybody have the pushups chart without the KS-inspired artwork or text? I need to get an actual regimen for pushups, and it'd be a lot easier to explain then the current chart.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Anybody have the pushups chart without the KS-inspired artwork or text? I need to get an actual regimen for pushups, and it'd be a lot easier to explain then the current chart.
Here's the website Althamus used. It's actually more complicated, with three column streams.
Gandara wrote:
erisi236 wrote:Been awhile since I checked in here, but since my last post I'm down another 26lbs.

High five. I'm also on the weight loss smash. We shall be brothers in loss. =)
Right on, you guys are losing weight like it's going out of style. I'm up to 26 pounds, or should I say down.

Had to cut my run short because my shin splints flared up. Ow. I think they are trending very slowly worse over time. I'm I think I'll have to see the doctor and get some sort of treatment.

I then ran over a rabbit on the ride home from the track. :cry: The silly thing dove right under my front tire despite my swerving. At least it was instant.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!