Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Forever_ambivalent

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

I screwed up the order on the first day and did 1 1/2 minute running and 1 minute walking/break 8 times :D
I became so exhausted that I just fell down on my 7th run and rested on the grass for a while. Terrible experience. I was very depressed to see how weak my legs were despite swimming every week. The next 2 days were a lot easier once I realized my mistake.
Cerabix

Post by Cerabix »

I did about the same thing man. I ended up running for a minute walking for 30 seconds. I just remembered I was supposed to run for like 20 something minutes so I did it 14 times. Not super tired though so I guess that was nice
Assertive

Post by Assertive »

I'm starting this tommorow and I have every intention of completing it :D
Massive thanks to the OP and 4LS, first time I've ever been inspired to run, I'll post back with my results.
Would you take on a disablility to relive somebody else?
Great, holiday. 3 weeks no KS D:
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Assertive wrote:I'm starting this tommorow and I have every intention of completing it :D
Massive thanks to the OP and 4LS, first time I've ever been inspired to run, I'll post back with my results.
Good to hear! :D Remember to have fun whilst doing it, and yeah, posts are always good!

Slowly working my way up to the 10 mile mark. Got a 6 mile run in a few days ago, but I'm not able to go as much as I previously did due to working. I start university in September, which should (counter-intuitively) give me more time :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Assertive wrote:I'm starting this tommorow and I have every intention of completing it :D
Cool beans, and good luck. You're gonna rock this.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Assertive

Post by Assertive »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote: Good to hear! :D Remember to have fun whilst doing it, and yeah, posts are always good!

Slowly working my way up to the 10 mile mark. Got a 6 mile run in a few days ago, but I'm not able to go as much as I previously did due to working. I start university in September, which should (counter-intuitively) give me more time :D
SpunkySix wrote: Cool beans, and good luck. You're gonna rock this.
Thanks for the support everyone :D
Just finished day 1 run and I'm feeling great, my breath was a little shallow and my legs were achy but that calmed down within 5 minuets, I surprised with myself tbh. Good luck with 10k Aaron, keep up the good work and thanks to everybody else :D
Would you take on a disablility to relive somebody else?
Great, holiday. 3 weeks no KS D:
TK8305

Post by TK8305 »

Thanks to Emi it looks like a lot of people will be more physically fit! Yay! Wish we could all thank her but alas she isn't real. ;-;
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Weighed myself on the weekend, for the first time since the start of the summer and… I’m the same.

I am totally NOT the same physically, I have trimmed down a lot (smaller waist size, need slimfit shirt size), but my weight is the same. Fat has been replaced with denser muscle. Having a lower number on the scale would have made it feel a bit more ‘official’. The disappointment has spurred me on to finally getting going with MyFitnessPal and now I’m watching everything I eat even more like a hawk than usual.

Booze… booze is where you can throw it all away. A weekend being wined and dined by my parents just hammered that home, a few drinks and you’re going way over your calories for the day.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

metalangel wrote: Booze… booze is where you can throw it all away. A weekend being wined and dined by my parents just hammered that home, a few drinks and you’re going way over your calories for the day.
Yeah, I make sure to take my drinking into account when I add up calories.

This tends to make me hungry, but it beings gaining the weight I spent three years losing.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

metalangel wrote:Weighed myself on the weekend, for the first time since the start of the summer and… I’m the same.

I am totally NOT the same physically, I have trimmed down a lot (smaller waist size, need slimfit shirt size), but my weight is the same. Fat has been replaced with denser muscle. Having a lower number on the scale would have made it feel a bit more ‘official’. The disappointment has spurred me on to finally getting going with MyFitnessPal and now I’m watching everything I eat even more like a hawk than usual.

Booze… booze is where you can throw it all away. A weekend being wined and dined by my parents just hammered that home, a few drinks and you’re going way over your calories for the day.
Pff, weight means shit if you're physically trim/have compacted muscle - I wouldn't worry about it :)
Yeah, it's crazy how much booze can affect weight loss/gain. Most of my friends have been at university the past year, and most of them complain about having a little bit more of a gut than when they left. I do want to say to them 'I wonder why that is' but I think they'd become ex-friends if I didn't handle it well ;)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
metalangel wrote:Weighed myself on the weekend, for the first time since the start of the summer and… I’m the same.

Pff, weight means shit if you're physically trim/have compacted muscle - I wouldn't worry about it :)
This is so true. Muscle weighs more than fat, so it's very possible that you're just more dense in a good way now.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Its funny because I'm terribly out of shape right now. I haven't run in over a year.
I have been losing weight though, and feeling healthier. I simply started eating right. No more hamburgers and fast food. Been keeping myself to salads, fruits, some chicken, water and stuff.

I wish I had a bit more time to try and get back to running again.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

LordMarluxia wrote:I wish I had a bit more time to try and get back to running again.
Being busy sucks. When does your daily schedule start?
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

SpunkySix wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote:I wish I had a bit more time to try and get back to running again.
I wake up at 7 in the morning, do my stuff. Then I work from 9am to 6pm. Normally reach home around 7pm, if I have to go get my girlfriend first usually I won't be home until 9pm. I'm only on now because I'm having breakfast.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

LordMarluxia wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
I wake up at 7 in the morning, do my stuff. Then I work from 9am to 6pm. Normally reach home around 7pm, if I have to go get my girlfriend first usually I won't be home until 9pm. I'm only on now because I'm having breakfast.
Have you tried late night running?

As an aside here, I have 15 miles today from my coach, and that will be the longest I've ever run without stopping so... wish me luck, please. My legs are gonna be dead after this, I can already feel it.