Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

HurricaneHarvey

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Walrusfella wrote: Althamus and Sk3tch: Sadly, the patch is a one-off. It was embroidered, rather expensively, to my specification (that said, totally worth it to me). I probably shouldn't mention what company I used. I don't want to go anyplace near violating 4LS's licence; I respect them too much for that.
As long as you are not trying to sell the patch or promote the sale of something being produced you should be fine. The making of a custom patch is just that, we just all happen to like THAT design for said custom patch. Also grats.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Walrusfella wrote:
I suppose I could post the art they used to make it, if anybody wants that. I thought it was pretty groovy:

Thanks, I guess I can work from here to get the patch. Surely my internet Googling powers will finally come in handy. Surely!
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I really need to read the above posts before posting.
Anyway, Congratulations Walrusfella!
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Akros

Post by Akros »

ok, so W8D2 done, my right leg still hurts, it's probably due to the lack of inactivity during exams, anyway, I managed to run till the end
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Week six, Day three.
I was meant to do 26/26/33/33/26/26/22/22/60+, I managed to do 26/26/33/33/26/26/22/22/60

On Saturday I'm doing my 100 pressup challenge. Getting psyched up for it already, it feels really strange to be coming to the end of this particular journey, having been working on it for close on 4 months now (7 weeks? Oops...), but I know that once I get it on Saturday (it's happenin'!) I'll start work on the next challenge, although I haven't yet decided quite what that'll be yet.

Anyone any idea for a pushup routine to maintain my muscle mass? I was thinking something like 2-3 times a week, doing 40/40/40 or something. It's not enough to build mass, but it's probably enough to do without tiring myself out or stealing energy or rest that other parts of my body will need while still maintaining mass.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Akros

Post by Akros »

Do a 1 day rest - 1 day workout routine, it worked for me in the past, but instead of 3 sets do 4, cause the first one kind of doesn't count for your body, so you are actually only pushing yourself ( get it? wahahaha, ok, not funny) in 2 out of 3 sets like that, same thing goes for sit-ups and such, well, at least for me :D.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:
ZXRN wrote:
Akros wrote:ok, so just one more exam left, and since I've already got the time I hope to get done with W8 by friday, and with the whole program next week
Keep it up everyone!!!
BTW ZXRN I'm still waiting for you, so hurry up already, it's getting boring all alone here xD
Dang, You go ahead mate. I've improved a little but I can only go 4.5 km in 28 min. You however, is 1 km farther away from me in 28 min. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna give up oooooh no my friend, far from it. :mrgreen: . wahahaha

update: my W5D2 run wasn't as bad as I thought. It was quite refreshing actually. (since I did skip monday.) Of course, It did have a 5 min. break in the middle so we'll see how it goes on day3! I'll do my best to be my emiest. (hmm, that would actually make a nice sig for me.)
I ain't done yet either :mrgreen: I'm expecting to be able to do a 7km run in 30 min, and that's like 4.3 min/km so, there's still a long way to go for me.
So anyway, let's give it our all and check our progress after the summer !!! xD
7km in 30 min. Kinda a bit hardcore for me. But if I manage to do this tomorrow (W5D3). Then i'll be so darn proud of myself.

But yeah, since my job's starting on Monday...I dunno if I can keep going the way I was before.
Anyways, yes, let's just give it our all.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Damn W5D3 is actually pretty tough...

Stopped on the 10th minute and had to rest. Couldn't handle it...for now.
Repeating W5D2. Any tips to maintain breathing and stuff so as not to get exhausted?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Weekly Update

1 lb. down this week. I admit that I didn't do as good as I could have, but due to the extreme weather it's been rough getting my walks in. However I have no excuse for my eating this week, which was sub-par. I will do better this week.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Babli

Post by Babli »

Damn. I dont know if I finished Week 8 or Week 9, since I ran 30 minutes last weeks instead of 28 and such. I guess I am gonna run one more week of 30 minutes running and then start coach to 10k.

Also, thanks to the running, I finally got rid of stubborn fat on my belly. That was one of my goals when I started. But it seems that I will run until the day I die. Or until I wont be able to run. I kinda hope it will be that first option. :mrgreen:
Akros

Post by Akros »

Babli wrote:Damn. I dont know if I finished Week 8 or Week 9, since I ran 30 minutes last weeks instead of 28 and such. I guess I am gonna run one more week of 30 minutes running and then start coach to 10k.

Also, thanks to the running, I finally got rid of stubborn fat on my belly. That was one of my goals when I started. But it seems that I will run until the day I die. Or until I wont be able to run. I kinda hope it will be that first option. :mrgreen:

that's the spirit bro!
BTW the Dreamcast is amazing, I fucking love it xD
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Megumeru wrote:Damn W5D3 is actually pretty tough...

Stopped on the 10th minute and had to rest. Couldn't handle it...for now.
Repeating W5D2. Any tips to maintain breathing and stuff so as not to get exhausted?
you can try making some kinda breathing pattern. When you start to focus on that, you'll get less tired coz yer thinkin of something else. (Never ever think your tired...coz that part kinda screwed me up last time.) It worked for me so i'm just sayin' wahaha

update: i manage to actually do a 27 min. run. Though I am happy and completely tired from the result. I still didn't go fast enough. 27 min. for 4.5 km. ain't much compared to what Akros has done thus far. myeah, i'll get better soo nenough.

And with that, I shall start on week 6 soon!. (unless work hours go beyond my energy and time. You've already taken my lifting away from meh! Please don't take this one too mr. job!)
edit: It's been a day after that jog and I can still feel the pain in my legs. I hope the pain means I'm improving.
Last edited by ZXRN on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Well, it's been a while. I had to give up the challenge for a week on doctor's orders - apparently I managed to damage several tendons :/

I graduated yesterday (well, kind-of: results in August, certificates in September), so I theoretically have more free time to use on a physical hobby.

Can't wait to start again; I actually quite enjoy the challenges.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

dwarduk wrote:Well, it's been a while. I had to give up the challenge for a week on doctor's orders - apparently I managed to damage several tendons :/

I graduated yesterday (well, kind-of: results in August, certificates in September), so I theoretically have more free time to use on a physical hobby.

Can't wait to start again; I actually quite enjoy the challenges.
Sheesh that sounds painful. Better take it easy then when you start. (Science always does make everything sound painful...)
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

So I went to Anime Expo which has caused nearly a week of no running and the first few days of nothing left me pretty cramped feeling. I still think the worst days after you get used to it all are the ones you DON'T work out at all.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...