Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

StepmaniaFreak

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

If I walk for too long with my eyes closed, even when I know there's nothing in front of me, I feel like I'm about to walk into a wall and hurt myself. :? I can't imagine running that way...
Akros

Post by Akros »

@ZXRN yeah, I'm always wondering how can time go so fast while I'm reading and so slow in my classes....
never seen that manga, if you tell me the tittle I might give it a try, even though I'm more the Adachi-kind of manga guy
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Does anyone know where i can buy A gallon of Arizona tea?, its not like tea you brew, but its healthier than what i drink now. I only see them sold in singles
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:its not like tea you brew
In what way? I checked their site, and they're claiming their drinks is just tea with flavours.
Why do you want to buy it by the gallons? Save money? Did you consider making your own ice-tea?

Or is it supposed to have some additional effect? As far as I can see, it can be consider slightly healthier than pop, becouse of the lack of pop in it, and lower sugar content.

How much for a can in your usual store?
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

@ NoOne3

thanks for that. lol. But you gotta admit those little girls are pretty determined at what they do. Maybe something I can learn and be determined about running tomorrow. Well, hope it doesn't turn out as bad as I think it will be. wahahaha~
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:@ZXRN yeah, I'm always wondering how can time go so fast while I'm reading and so slow in my classes....
never seen that manga, if you tell me the tittle I might give it a try, even though I'm more the Adachi-kind of manga guy
Yes...that pain of school, So long when your inside, so fast when your outside. erm* Anyways, i'm more of a a bit in the action/serious type of manga. So it's kinda like that.
Little girls went on a terrible accident or harassed and tortured are taken in by the government and saves their lives by transforming into cyborgs that work for them to
do their dirty work. Mainly stopping terrorists acts and so on.

They keep their cuteness, but yeah..they're killing machines with emotions for certain people. (cept' their targets.) It's a fun and touching thing to read. (sometimes sad) wahahaha~
Akros

Post by Akros »

ZXRN wrote:
Akros wrote:@ZXRN yeah, I'm always wondering how can time go so fast while I'm reading and so slow in my classes....
Yes...that pain of school, So long when your inside, so fast when your outside. erm* Anyways, i'm more of a a bit in the action/serious type of manga. So it's kinda like that.
Little girls went on a terrible accident or harassed and tortured are taken in by the government and saves their lives by transforming into cyborgs that work for them to
do their dirty work. Mainly stopping terrorists acts and so on.

They keep their cuteness, but yeah..they're killing machines with emotions for certain people. (cept' their targets.) It's a fun and touching thing to read. (sometimes sad) wahahaha~
Actually it's college, with lots of math, but well I try to not die in there
I'll check that once I get up to date with Sket Dance xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

So yeah, I started this morning. and I think it was kinda nice. Also helps a little when you think that Emi's inspiring you to go a little further.

feet feels like rocks though. This won't last a week like when you carry weights right? coz that'd be a pain to walk around.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

ZXRN wrote:So yeah, I started this morning. and I think it was kinda nice. Also helps a little when you think that Emi's inspiring you to go a little further.

feet feels like rocks though. This won't last a week like when you carry weights right? coz that'd be a pain to walk around.
Good on you for starting, ZXRN! I found that I wasn't getting sore anymore after the third day. Stretching before and after helps. You've probably already taken this into consideration, but what sort of surface are your running on and what kind of shoes?
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Walrusfella wrote:I found that I wasn't getting sore anymore after the third day. Stretching before and after helps.
I'd like to re-emphasize the importance of stretching. Throughout the whole program, I pretty much blew off the stretching and warm-up recommendations. I would occasionally do a hamstring or quadriceps stretch, but nothing more than that and not consistently. I never had any soreness in my legs, but starting from Week 5 Day 3 (the first day with no walking breaks), I got cramps throughout my side and back, so bad that I actually had to take a break and therefore repeat the day (because I failed it). And in the weeks that followed, I always felt the same pain to some degree, every damn run. It was awful.

It wasn't until Week 9 Day 3, when I went to the charity 5k run, and had to participate in the group stretch and warm-up they held there, that I managed to complete an entire 3.1 miles without cramping or pain. It was because during the group stretch, we did torso and back stretches in addition to leg stretches. I've made sure to be more diligent and comprehensive in my pre-run stretching since then, and my runs have been far less painful as a result.

Moral of the story: make sure you stretch. If you don't, it might not matter immediately, but you'll regret it the first day you encounter some bad pain and have to run through it.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

OW

But also hell yea 8D

Yesterday was meant to be nmy exhaustion test at the end of W4 for 100 Pushups. However, yesterday ended up being really busy, and by the end of the day I was drop dead tired, ready to fall asleep on my feet so put the test off until today.
This evening, at about 8pm, I ended up going with a friend to A&E (all OK), and got back at 11, and once the adrenaline wore off I realised I was pretty exhausted as well. But figured that if I didn't do it today, there'd be no chance of me recovering before Monday, so I figured I'd go for it.
The top bracket requried you to do 45+, but last week I did 41 on my final set (following 5 sets of ~35 each), so I thought 45 would be peanuts to me. That was my bare minimum, need to do that to save face. My actual minimum was 60, and my goal was 75.

Round about 35, my arms started getting sore.
Round about 45, my arms were feeling really tired, and I was starting to lock my arms in the upright position (so my head was furthest from the ground, in the pushup starting position) and take a couple second breaks every 5 pushups (it still counts as one set if I don't leave the position I figure).
But I figured I NEEDED to keep going until 60.
And I managed it! My arms were aching like crazy, and it's 10 mins on and my left shoulder is hurting and making it hard to type, but I got to 60 pushups in a single set! :D I could have pushed myself to 65-70 if I really wanted to, but that would've probably meant my arms would hurt too much tomorrow to do ANYTHING with them, so I called it a day.

On the up side, it's taken me, what, 5 weeks? Since I decided to start the 100PU test, and I've doubled the number of pushups I could do (30->60) so yea, something really is working :D

Roll on next week! (But maybe doing Tue/Thu/Sat next week if my arms are still hurting. Exhaustion tests for me = your arms will be knackered for a couple days afterwards).
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

good job althamus :)

i have caught a serious fever, so no sports for me this week. Today i feel fit enough again to do some school work and visit the KS forum again, hopefully i can do a running session on tuesday and a push-up session on monday again.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Walrusfella wrote:
ZXRN wrote:So yeah, I started this morning. and I think it was kinda nice. Also helps a little when you think that Emi's inspiring you to go a little further.

Good on you for starting, ZXRN! I found that I wasn't getting sore anymore after the third day. Stretching before and after helps. You've probably already taken this into consideration, but what sort of surface are your running on and what kind of shoes?
The best running spot around here is the parking lot of the mall which is cement. And as for the shoes...well, they're rubber shoes. I don't really know if they're for running or just normal rubber shoes coz I ain't good at that. wahahaha~ (unless someone can tell me)

I actually did some jogging before, but that was long ago and had no guide to follow so I just kept jogging until I was tired. I guess that's the reason why the rock feeling thing in my feet disappeared after a few hours. Oh yeah, others here told me that walking is a good warm-up too, so I think I might stick with that.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Mirrormn wrote:
Walrusfella wrote:I found that I wasn't getting sore anymore after the third day. Stretching before and after helps.
I'd like to re-emphasize the importance of stretching. Throughout the whole program, I pretty much blew off the stretching and warm-up recommendations. I would occasionally do a hamstring or quadriceps stretch, but nothing more than that and not consistently. I never had any soreness in my legs, but starting from Week 5 Day 3 (the first day with no walking breaks), I got cramps throughout my side and back, so bad that I actually had to take a break and therefore repeat the day (because I failed it). And in the weeks that followed, I always felt the same pain to some degree, every damn run. It was awful.

It wasn't until Week 9 Day 3, when I went to the charity 5k run, and had to participate in the group stretch and warm-up they held there, that I managed to complete an entire 3.1 miles without cramping or pain. It was because during the group stretch, we did torso and back stretches in addition to leg stretches. I've made sure to be more diligent and comprehensive in my pre-run stretching since then, and my runs have been far less painful as a result.

Moral of the story: make sure you stretch. If you don't, it might not matter immediately, but you'll regret it the first day you encounter some bad pain and have to run through it.
Never felt that before, so does that mean I have to forget about the warm-up walking I said before and just stretch? (coz I hate stretching...My body's just not flexible.)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Yeah, Mirrormn. I feel ya.

My hips hurt like hell...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story