Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Maakasu_Taihaku

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Hmm i want to run...but...people stare XD, my dad, and his father both passed away of heart problems.... So not looking so good for me, i got to stop drinking pop and triple triples XD. hmmm im going to grab a apple
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Let them stare and make Emi proud!
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
urishima

Post by urishima »

dunkelfalke wrote:Let them stare and make Emi proud!
Bollocks!
Make yourself proud!

And if you are really too self conscious about it, do what I do and get up early for your running. Mo/We/Fr I get up at 5 am and go running, works out just fine.
Also, don't think about it too much. Just set your alarm and go running. If you got time to think and whine, you got time to run.

@ dawnoffayt
I am referring to this workout schedule

@ running with weights
Hauling weights around in your hands will mess up your form, as your body tenses up.
The weight vest option sounds better but please: don't do stuff like that if you are overweight. Those additional kilos you are already hauling around are bad enough for your joints.
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

My fellow BattleMech (as speaks a Shadow hawk to a Bushwacker),

this doesn't always work that way. It is as Emi said, if you are committed to another person, you aren't as likely to break that commitment. I should know - two years ago my weight was at 340 lbs, now it is at 245, but it has been around that since August. Had I known Emi earlier, I'd probably weigh around 210 by now. I normally don't have a lot of motivation, and Emi can give one a hell of a drive.

I'd say, by all means, use it while it lasts, and when the resolve weakens, go through Emi's route again. Works for me, at least. A bit of a self-deception, sure, but it is for a good cause.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Thanks i'll remember that. also i can't really afford any workout machines XD
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Thanks i'll remember that. also i can't really afford any workout machines XD
You don't need them. If you want to start easy, get yourself nordic walking poles, they are reasonably cheap and let you train more than the legs and the condition. They also help to conserve your knees. If you want to start a weight training, a pair of dumbbells and a pull up bar are absolutely sufficient for the beginning.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Well acutally i do push ups, and cruling. just need to get back on track with sit ups and good mornings... oh and side ways push ups...as for my legs i'll look into those, Im about 215pounds...Mostly muscle upper than lower. I use to run fast and go far, school went out, no more gym hahahaha, but would be lying if i said i didn't have somewhat of a stomach hahahahaha. My friends call me a Panda just not as fat as a Panda XD, the dark rings around my eyes from the lack of sleep doesn't help. I even considering joining the military to whip me in shape...but my family needs me more

right now im rueing nature....cause i woke up and can't go back to sleep!
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Situps are IMHO way overrated. As are curls. Both are very one-sided exercises and only train a few muscles. Basic exercises - these that train many muscles at the same time - are way more effective. You can actually go very well by doing only these four - squat, deadlift, bench press and pull ups.
Maakasu_Taihaku

dunkelfalke wrote:Situps are IMHO way overrated. As are curls. Both are very one-sided exercises and only train a few muscles. Basic exercises - these that train many muscles at the same time - are way more effective. You can actually go very well by doing only these four - squat, deadlift, bench press and pull ups.

i use to be able to bench press...buuuut when we moved from my house to the apartment...well....it had to go, and i figured doing bench press on my bed. Considering how comfy and soft it is lol, would do a number on my back, as for squats thats another i got to return too. accept I have osborn disease(not actual disease) In my knees. It has my knee and then theres another bump of tissue... its oswald or osborn...can't remember. It hasn't bothered me much last few years pain wise, rarely comes back, though i was lucky and lost the pain for most of the time, like my doc said, the bumps are still there. their not horrible looking just a little bump under both knees, makes my knees caps look alittle longer and flat unlike other people with just knee caps.. i couldn't do curling in electives cause of it. kneeling down and sliding the rock, I still signed up to skate around hahahaha. XD
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I do understand. Had to make a 6 month break due to a knee damage myself. Picked up biking instead :D
Riding a heavy bicycle uphill gives you very strong legs after a while.
Maakasu_Taihaku

I would love to bike again. I need to get a new one. I loss so much when i moved here... i consider it a hobby though... i don't got one XD, i love biking though XD. Also i really need to get back into the habit of things. To bad i don't got a friend like Emi to whip me into shape, ten hut~! Private Maakasu reporting for duty Sarge!
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

That is what I was talking about. Make Emi proud.
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

Wow, I've been doing my stuff for 3 weeks running, a new record, ha.

Don't know if it's had an effect yet other than the fact that I'm no longer sucking wind half way through, so I guess it has done something, thanks Emi. :)
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
Maakasu_Taihaku

I will be sure to do emi's story to pump me up XD
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

If you can not afford dumb bells or any equipment one easy way to make weights is to save gallon milk jugs and fill them with water or sand and use those. Alternatively a bucket with a strong handle works in the same way. If you can not run for various reasons then a bike works great or swimming. In the warmer months a reservoir or lake works. For the city slickers public pools normally have year passes for very cheap especially compared to a gym membership. Just as some too poor to do it ideas.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...