Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Maakasu_Taihaku

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Walrusfella wrote:That went pretty well! I suppose I'll have to do the rest of it now. Not one step back.
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:RAAAWWWWWWRRRRRR I WANT TO USE HER CHART, BUT I CAN'T FIND THE WILL TO GET OUT AND DO IT! BUT I WANT TO FOR MANY REASONS!!!!!

Only if i had a running partner..... Q_Q
One Hanako fan to another - go have a bash at the first day. I did it just now and felt pretty good afterwards.
Hmmm alright, I just need to plan accordingly, or do u mean bash as in just go do it, don't think about it?
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Hmmm alright, I just need to plan accordingly, or do u mean bash as in just go do it, don't think about it?
A bit of planning might not go amiss. Finding a decent place to run is important; I found a track near me just looking around on Google Maps. I also started on a Sunday to make tracking the weeks easier. Stretch out first.

But I meant just give the first day a try, since you said you want to. It only takes 20 minutes. Best of luck! :)
Althamus wrote:Nice work :D As Emi says, first week is the hardest :P After that it gets easier ^_^
Thanks! I'm looking forward to the rest of it. I also might have to repeat some weeks too; I'm not much of a natural runner. I'm hoping to get that feeling of improvement you're experiencing.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Walrusfella wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Hmmm alright, I just need to plan accordingly, or do u mean bash as in just go do it, don't think about it?
A bit of planning might not go amiss. Finding a decent place to run is important; I found a track near me just looking around on Google Maps. I also started on a Sunday to make tracking the weeks easier. Stretch out first.

But I meant just give the first day a try, since you said you want to. It only takes 20 minutes. Best of luck! :)
Althamus wrote:Nice work :D As Emi says, first week is the hardest :P After that it gets easier ^_^
Thanks! I'm looking forward to the rest of it. I also might have to repeat some weeks too; I'm not much of a natural runner. I'm hoping to get that feeling of improvement you're experiencing.
Ah okay Hm there is a few tracks in my area, but they are quiet a walking distance just to go there and run around, if i had a bike or car i would definally go to them lol. Theres a park near my building i can always see if i can map out a track around that, I feel like i got to be on a track to run, till i get in shape to run all around the place lol. Also i might go early in the AM so less people willl see me running.
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Also i might go early in the AM so less people willl see me running.
Why do you care about people seeing you run?
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Kilo wrote:I am currently planning on joining a local track team (Turns out there was one after all, I just had to look for it).
Joining a local track team is excellent ^_^

Just... beware if the Captain invites you into the track shed...
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Also i might go early in the AM so less people willl see me running.
I can understand that. The fewer people that see me lumbering around the better. A park seems like a good place to do it, and being close by means it will be easier to summon the will do it again.
Kilo wrote:I can't express my gratitude to the makers of this game and to the awesome people in this forum.
I am currently planning on joining a local track team (Turns out there was one after all, I just had to look for it).
Thank you guys for all this help. I mean it.

P.S. Yesterday's rest worked like a charm. Today was really smooth, I ain't feeling any pains or whatever. Ready for week 5!
That's awesome! The people on here are really inspiring (yourself included).
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Kilo wrote:I am currently planning on joining a local track team (Turns out there was one after all, I just had to look for it).
That's the spirit!

And I feel proud looking how our little sweat-covered family is growing week by week.
This forum results in years, or even decades of our combined prolonged lifetime expectancy.
Just don't get hit by a car while running, it would spoil the whole statistic!
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

NoOne3 wrote:
That's the spirit!

And I feel proud looking how our little sweat-covered family is growing week by week.
This forum results in years, or even decades of our combined prolonged lifetime expectancy.
Just don't get hit by a car while running, it would spoil the whole statistic!
Nah. Getting hit by a car in town probably wont kill you if your on foot since theoretically they wont be going that fast at the time. It will just be terrible and leave you broken.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:Getting hit by a car in town probably wont kill you if your on foot since theoretically they wont be going that fast at the time.
There's alway a cabbage truck.

(It's a bit obscure proverb where I live. Getting hit by a cabbage truck means something unexpected happening, against all odds and despite taking every precaution)

Edit:
Oh, I can see there is already an idiom in english, used in english speaking countries [citation needed], suggesting getting hit by a cabbage truck results only in minor head injury influencing the person's judgement.
Oh, well...
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

NoOne3 wrote: Oh, I can see there is already an idiom in english, used in english speaking countries [citation needed], suggesting getting hit by a cabbage truck results only in minor head injury influencing the person's judgement.
Oh, well...
Yeah, I've never heard that idiom used before. You've got to remember that anyone can add anything they want to Urban Dictionary, so a lot of the entries are simply stupid bullshit phrases that nobody uses except the uploader (and possibly not them, either).
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
ook

Post by ook »

So I attempted week 8 day 2 today, but found out that John Denver is not good running music. I ended up just laying down under a tree and watching the clouds partway through. It felt great -- made my day -- but I was supposed to be running. :oops: Felt like that avi ^
oh well next time

And on this subject,
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote: Also i might go early in the AM so less people willl see me running.
I was the same way, but I've started making it a point to say "hello" or "mornin'" to everyone I see on the path. It definitely relieves some of the awkwardness and kinda actually makes me look forward to seeing people. Almost everyone says hi back.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Mirrormn wrote:You've got to remember that anyone can add anything they want to Urban Dictionary,
Well, I did.
NoOne3 wrote:[citation needed]
Here you can see I took it with a grain of salt. :D
I just thought it strange for a proverbial truck to carry the same kind of vegetable, and not potatoes, beetroot or corn. Even if one of the proverb was made up.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

OW.

As soon as I did my first pushup today, I could tell it'd be a hard day. Not sure if my arms weren't fully recovered, or I was just low on blood sugar, but it's been a real trial today, and I needed to rest for longer between each set than I did on Monday.
20/25/15/15/25+ -> 20/25/15/15/25
Bare minimum, but I was feeling tired when I first started, so about all I could hope for. Roll on day 3 :)
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Manman

Post by Manman »

WOoooo, done with day 1 of week 5, I can actually feel
that I'm getting better. I ran today without any major problems.

I'm looking at day 3 and it seems to be a big jump from running 8, walking 5 and run 8, to be runing for 21 minutes.
Can someone tell me how they managed on the third day of week 5?
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

I'll tell you on friday. I'm just past day 2 today. Last time I just didn't make it, my knee gave up on me.