Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Akros

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Akros »

Ok, so exams are finally over for me, yeah!!! :D
So, starting tomorrow everything's got to get back to normal, so I'll play some basketball with friends.
I'll also get done with week 8 and hopefully start the 100 push-ups challenge on friday, so ZXRN I'll aim to beating you xD

BTW thumbs up on the Rin guide and congrats to Althamus on achieving your goal :D
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Gandara wrote:
Sk3tch wrote:I decided that I should do the 100 pushup challenge as well. However, while the stuff at 100 pushups is nice it is not Emi themed so it is less motivating. Anyone want to try and make an infograph similar to the one we have for running? I would but I wouldn't know how to go about doing it.
I vote for a push-ups guide presented by Rin.
That's hilarious.

Although it actually took me a few minutes to get this joke.

Your level of humor is just so above me.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Emi's pushup guide is about 70% done. I've sorted layout, colours and everything, just trying to work out how to make it more visually pleasing. EC25K had the whole running/jogging stick men, which added some nice pictures explaining what was going on, as well as making it far less wordy, and having a point to them. Got nuthin' like that on the 100PU that I can think of yet. Still, bedtime, and I'll finish it tomorrow.

Rin's version the day after :P (I figured I needed to make the proper version Emi's... for obvious reasons. But no reason why I can't do a lulzy Rin version too 8D).

Also, thanks to everyone for their congratz on my 100 PU completion :D
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:Ok, so exams are finally over for me, yeah!!! :D
So, starting tomorrow everything's got to get back to normal, so I'll play some basketball with friends.
I'll also get done with week 8 and hopefully start the 100 push-ups challenge on friday, so ZXRN I'll aim to beating you xD

BTW thumbs up on the Rin guide and congrats to Althamus on achieving your goal :D
wahaha, Let's start tomorrow then! The only jog i'm gonna is Saturday...But I haven't lost hope of beating you yet! You just wait youuuu, youuuuu!
And I hope you did well on exams dood!
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Althamus wrote:Emi's pushup guide is about 70% done. I've sorted layout, colours and everything, just trying to work out how to make it more visually pleasing. EC25K had the whole running/jogging stick men, which added some nice pictures explaining what was going on, as well as making it far less wordy, and having a point to them. Got nuthin' like that on the 100PU that I can think of yet. Still, bedtime, and I'll finish it tomorrow.

Rin's version the day after :P (I figured I needed to make the proper version Emi's... for obvious reasons. But no reason why I can't do a lulzy Rin version too 8D).

Once you finish and post a link the the upload I will add it to the first post.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Sk3tch wrote:
Gandara wrote:
Sk3tch wrote:I decided that I should do the 100 pushup challenge as well. However, while the stuff at 100 pushups is nice it is not Emi themed so it is less motivating. Anyone want to try and make an infograph similar to the one we have for running? I would but I wouldn't know how to go about doing it.
I vote for a push-ups guide presented by Rin.
That's hilarious.

Although it actually took me a few minutes to get this joke.

Your level of humor is just so above me.
It kind'a reminds me of this joke, dunno really why ;) ?
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

So I started them push-ups challenge (by Althamus) today. Clearly, I was on column 2...It's friggin hard wahaha. I'm gonna have to repeat the whole darn thing tomorrow. I was struggling at set 3 onward. (heck, as I couldn't go straight at it, I had to rest 5-10 sec. every 2 push-ups on set 4...Kinda felt pathetic there. lolz) ah well, I'll keep goin at it til' it gets easy.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

ZXRN wrote:So I started them push-ups challenge (by Althamus) today. Clearly, I was on column 2...It's friggin hard wahaha. I'm gonna have to repeat the whole darn thing tomorrow. I was struggling at set 3 onward. (heck, as I couldn't go straight at it, I had to rest 5-10 sec. every 2 push-ups on set 4...Kinda felt pathetic there. lolz) ah well, I'll keep goin at it til' it gets easy.
I found the start easy enough - but then I'm lucky enough to have reasonable core strength - though now I've had an enforced break, I just can't do it. I started week 4, day 1 again on Monday and couldn't finish the final set; same for day 2 on Wednesday. Looks like I'm going right back to the initial test and starting again.

Edit: oops! This is situps I'm talking about. Pushups, I'm terrible at them xD. I started on column 2 as well, and could only just manage to do day 1. About the same as you, but I'll get there! (I hope). I'm also planning to restart column 2 here, soon, as I just let it slip and need to get on top of it. But... new work placement and my routine will be thrown for a bit. Don't let me drop it completely! :P
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

If it makes you guys feel any better, on my endurance test I did 30 pushups and moved onto W3 column 3 to start with and felt awesome :D
First day, I didn't get anywhere close to completing it. Repeat that for about 3 days before I twigged about leaving bigger breaks inbetween sets, when I finally managed to complete the set.

And if you saw my sig as I went along, you'll see how often I was repeating weeks :P
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)

100 pushup challenge
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:
Althamus wrote:Emi's pushup guide is about 70% done. I've sorted layout, colours and everything, just trying to work out how to make it more visually pleasing. EC25K had the whole running/jogging stick men, which added some nice pictures explaining what was going on, as well as making it far less wordy, and having a point to them. Got nuthin' like that on the 100PU that I can think of yet. Still, bedtime, and I'll finish it tomorrow.

Once you finish and post a link the the upload I will add it to the first post.
Hey look, OP is alive and kicking. I was going to ask soon about what happened to you.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Weekly Update

No change in weight this week. Between the 4th of July, the unbearably bad heat and an extremely busy schedule I've slacked off this week. Rather than get upset about it, I've just got to use it as motivation to try harder over this next week and the coming weeks. And on the bright side, I've lost a ton of weight in a short amount of time - a week or two of no change / slight gain isn't the end of the world, so long as I don't fall off the wagon and go back to my old ways.

And to everyone in this thread and on Fitocracy, you are all awesome. Really great motivation to continue trying hard and improving my life. Thank you. I really mean it, thank you for being an amazing community.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Sk3tch wrote:Hey look, OP is alive and kicking. I was going to ask soon about what happened to you.
Still around and still running. Mostly lurking but I do still check this thread everyday to see whats going on and people's progress. I have just been idling too long though I should start the push up challenge or something extra too.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I'm looking for feedback from it atm. I'm really not satisfied with the layout in the centre, the running one had the wonderful pictures there, which both made it brighter, removed words and were necessary. In the pushup one... I really didn't have that available.

Also, is it easy enough to understand? Even the guys who haven't done any pushup training yet, can you instantly understand what it's talking about?

100 pushup challenge
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

That looks great, Althamus! That Playtime for Hot Toddies font is just perfect. I think I might be printing out a copy of that for my own use.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Back from my dad's, where I didn't run (or barely left the bed, at that) for 3 weeks.
I guess I'm just gonna start the Couch to 5k from the beginning again, I really doubt I could try Week 2 or 3 and not faint halfway through. Doesn't help it that my toenail's getting ingrown again, but I'll take care of that next week, should only take a day or two for it to heal up and then I gotta go at a moderate speed.