Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

GreatPlainsGuy

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by GreatPlainsGuy »

So, I started playing KS probably about 7 or 8 months ago, and naturally would have to take a break after each arc as it is pretty emotionally draining. I finished the Emi route back around the end of January / First of February and through random google searching about KS, found this thread. I was inspired and it was nice to see others were inspired by this as well. Anyway, I never created an account until now, but wanted to let everyone in on my progress.

Since I started eating healthy and working out almost two months ago, I have lost 34 pounds (I know right?) and plan to keep going strong. I have already bought my running shoes and have been jogging indoors (too cold outside for right now) and as soon as it is warm out, I plan to start the couch to 5k. I have a lot of motivational posters around my apartment and on my desktop and hopefully...I will finally be in great shape for the first time in my life.

So yeah. Thank you to everyone hear and of course FLS for inspiring me to make my life better instead of waiting for it to get better.

EDIT: I should clarify on the weight loss as I know that seems like an absurd amount in such a short time -- For one thing, I'm a pretty big/heavy guy, and the more overweight you are, the more weight you lose initially. At least that's what I'm assuming.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

34 pounds... that's, what, nearly 2 and a half stone? It's clear this is doing you the world of good, and I certainly found the mental side of it is almost as profound as the physical side of it. Make sure you post how you're getting on every now and then, it's always good to hear another person inspired by this.
GreatPlainsGuy wrote: So yeah. Thank you to everyone hear and of course FLS for inspiring me to make my life better instead of waiting for it to get better.
Pretty much sums it up :) Also, welcome to the forums!
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Ah, another fresh victim...
I mean, congratulations on starting this! It's great to hear to doing so well already, and definitely make sure to post here with updates on your progress!
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
GreatPlainsGuy

Post by GreatPlainsGuy »

Thank you :)

I have definitely noticed an improvement in my mental health as well. That, along with things going pretty well in my life right now, have continued to keep me motivated. I will continue to check in with progress reports once in awhile :P
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

GreatPlainsGuy wrote:I have definitely noticed an improvement in my mental health as well. That, along with things going pretty well in my life right now, have continued to keep me motivated. I will continue to check in with progress reports once in awhile :P
Good to hear that! Exercise is pretty great for mental health, and it's great that you're staying motivated!

Went for another 10/3/10 run today. Woke up with a scratchy throat and queasy feeling, so it took me a bit to decide to go anyway. Nothing else to really note, though. I think if I'm not sick next week I'll bump it up to 11 minutes instead of 10.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Just thought I'd post a quick, but as it turns out important, thing about shoes. My running shoes have had it, more or less, so I thought today I'd give running in my boots a bash until I get some new trainers. Now, these have little give and steel-toe caps, and the pain shooting through my shins after only 3 minutes made me think I'd gotten shin splints. Dunno how long it'll be before I get some new shoes, but it's unlikely I'll be running before then :(
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Just thought I'd post a quick, but as it turns out important, thing about shoes. My running shoes have had it, more or less, so I thought today I'd give running in my boots a bash until I get some new trainers. Now, these have little give and steel-toe caps, and the pain shooting through my shins after only 3 minutes made me think I'd gotten shin splints. Dunno how long it'll be before I get some new shoes, but it's unlikely I'll be running before then :(
Shit man, that sounds a pain in the arse
Just as well, though, considering the Smog that's arrived here. Is it hitting Kent bad?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Just thought I'd post a quick, but as it turns out important, thing about shoes. My running shoes have had it, more or less, so I thought today I'd give running in my boots a bash until I get some new trainers. Now, these have little give and steel-toe caps, and the pain shooting through my shins after only 3 minutes made me think I'd gotten shin splints. Dunno how long it'll be before I get some new shoes, but it's unlikely I'll be running before then :(
Shit man, that sounds a pain in the arse
Just as well, though, considering the Smog that's arrived here. Is it hitting Kent bad?
It is a pain, yeah :/ Doing some cycling to supplement though, so I guess I'm not sat idle.
It's not too bad over here actually, a little bit of a haze near the coast but it's really not as bad as I've seen on the news. Is it bad in Leicestershire?

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote: It is a pain, yeah :/ Doing some cycling to supplement though, so I guess I'm not sat idle.
It's not too bad over here actually, a little bit of a haze near the coast but it's really not as bad as I've seen on the news. Is it bad in Leicestershire?
Ahh, not all too bad then! Better than doing bugger all
It's like a perpetual mid-strength fog.
a fog that smells, for some reason, like a mix between frankfurters, petrol and wet sand.
They's be saying "don't do much excercise outside!" but I feel like going for the routine jog anyway. Just hope the asthmatic guy we go with can keep up and keep an ear out for him.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote: Ahh, not all too bad then! Better than doing bugger all
It's like a perpetual mid-strength fog.
a fog that smells, for some reason, like a mix between frankfurters, petrol and wet sand.
They's be saying "don't do much excercise outside!" but I feel like going for the routine jog anyway. Just hope the asthmatic guy we go with can keep up and keep an ear out for him.
Yeah, that's my thinking.
Damn, that sounds pretty weird... and by the sounds of things, smells kinda nice. I'm kinda lucky as I live in the middle of nowhere so any pollution we do get doesn't tend to reach us.
Might be worth just bunging on a face mask or something? Though, I'm not sure if that'd actually help in the slightest, it'd just recycle used air inside it and you still wouldn't be able to go for long. DEFINITELY keep an eye out for the asthmatic guy though, although kudos to him for even going in the first place!

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

oh bugger, I tell you what
Sore throat and wheezing, after that jog.

If you're a britbong with this smog out there, I'd recommend you take the advice and just wait for it to clear.
Also what can I do to ease a sore throat? Coffee is not working.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:oh bugger, I tell you what
Sore throat and wheezing, after that jog.

If you're a britbong with this smog out there, I'd recommend you take the advice and just wait for it to clear.
Also what can I do to ease a sore throat? Coffee is not working.
Really? :( And it's morning as well, though I suppose it'd be heavier if there's any water in the atmosphere.

As for the sore throat, coffee's probably the worst thing :P Try some warm lemon and honey mixture, not sure about quantities. Failing that, get some lozenges, they'll do the trick AND make you smell of menthol! Hope the smog clears soon, if you're anything like me you've gotten into these runs and it's a pain when you can't.

Tidus

Post by Tidus »

It's starting to warm up! I can actually be outside now again!

Unfortunately, I also moved in with a guy who smokes, and now I'm back to somewhat regular cigarette smoking. -___-;
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Tidus wrote:It's starting to warm up! I can actually be outside now again!

Unfortunately, I also moved in with a guy who smokes, and now I'm back to somewhat regular cigarette smoking. -___-;
Huzzah! For the warm bit, not the smoking bit. Can you get patches or similar things in America? I presume you can.

Managed to get hold of some shoes finally yesterday, but I couldn't try them out as my leg (at least, my left. I have two) decided to cramp up and pull the muscles in my calf, so I'm STILL having to wait. I'll probably have to go back to an 8/5/8 again for a couple of runs, just to try and get some fitness back.

Tidus

Post by Tidus »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Tidus wrote:It's starting to warm up! I can actually be outside now again!

Huzzah! For the warm bit, not the smoking bit. Can you get patches or similar things in America? I presume you can.

Managed to get hold of some shoes finally yesterday, but I couldn't try them out as my leg (at least, my left. I have two) decided to cramp up and pull the muscles in my calf, so I'm STILL having to wait. I'll probably have to go back to an 8/5/8 again for a couple of runs, just to try and get some fitness back.
Aye, but I'm just going to make a quick wean off of the smokes. I've quit before, twice. I'm already losing interest in smoking again, thankfully.

On a down side for the warm part...I saw the first mosquito of the year here, today.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.