Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Munchenhausen »

Absolutely tipping it down this morning.
The two friends I usually jog with backed out (one of them, specifically because the rain was too heavy)
Fucking ran anyway. It's beautiful running in the rain, so long as you don't slip.

Tidus wrote:Aye, but I'm just going to make a quick wean off of the smokes. I've quit before, twice. I'm already losing interest in smoking again, thankfully.
Ah, that's good! :3
On a down side for the warm part...I saw the first mosquito of the year here, today.
That's... Not so good. Punch them in the face as you jog ;D
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Managed to get hold of some shoes finally yesterday, but I couldn't try them out as my leg (at least, my left. I have two) decided to cramp up and pull the muscles in my calf, so I'm STILL having to wait. I'll probably have to go back to an 8/5/8 again for a couple of runs, just to try and get some fitness back.
Awwh, nice! Yewah, man, just take your time. The weekly rota is but a guideline :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:Absolutely tipping it down this morning.
The two friends I usually jog with backed out (one of them, specifically because the rain was too heavy)
Fucking ran anyway. It's beautiful running in the rain, so long as you don't slip.
Haha, me and you both man! It was torrenting it down, and there were times where vision was... limited at best. But it felt good to just be running again, although your point about slipping did come up occasionally (I live up a dirt track, fun times in the rain). It's actually easier running in rain I think, as it acts as a cooling mechanism for your legs :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Unfortunately I had to cancel my weekly run the previous two weeks due to illness and fatigue, though to make up for it I went on a pretty killer bike ride.
Did manage to go for a run today, though. 11/3/11. Might have pushed myself a bit much; for some reason there were a lot of negative thoughts stewing in my head, and I thought if I ran fast enough I could leave them behind. Didn't accomplish much besides exhausting me so much I had to sit down after each half to avoid the risk of vomiting.
Better luck next time?
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Might have pushed myself a bit much; for some reason there were a lot of negative thoughts stewing in my head, and I thought if I ran fast enough I could leave them behind. Didn't accomplish much besides exhausting me so much I had to sit down after each half to avoid the risk of vomiting.
Doh ho ho, I've been there
Except it was because I put on some fast music PAYDAY 2 Soundtrack and started jogging, but found that when the song finished I was accidentally running full pelt.
Difference was I did throw up. Not nice. At least I managed to aim for a gutter.

But yeah man, better luck next time! Good luck to ya!
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Unfortunately I had to cancel my weekly run the previous two weeks due to illness and fatigue, though to make up for it I went on a pretty killer bike ride.
Did manage to go for a run today, though. 11/3/11. Might have pushed myself a bit much; for some reason there were a lot of negative thoughts stewing in my head, and I thought if I ran fast enough I could leave them behind. Didn't accomplish much besides exhausting me so much I had to sit down after each half to avoid the risk of vomiting.
Better luck next time?
You and me both, the dreaded lurgy has hit and I haven't been able to go for almost a week now :( All the while breathing through my nose is a problem I can't really run.
Well, running to the point of vomiting is never good, but I've been there as well :P (To be honest, I don't think it's possible to be a runner and NOT at some stage at least once.) It might be that there's still some leftover lethargy that'll come out of your system over the next week, and next week will be fine. Hope whatever's bothering you clears off in the meantime!

I applied for my first 5k organised run today, which is pretty exciting for me :D Am also seriously considering trying for the London Marathon next year after today's events, though I have a full week and a half to talk myself out of doing such a stupid thing ;)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I might have learnt a slightly sore lesson this morning. I'm on the last stages of a cold, and my running isn't what it was, so I thought I'd do a 10/3/10 over to see my friends. To be honest, it turned into an 8/3/5/3/8, but I digress. My running shoes are kaput so I figured 'I have this pair of shoes, they have a bit of flex in them, they'll do.'

WRONG.

My feet are ridiculously sore at the toe joints, and today I'm going to visit the local castle with my girlfriend... so lots of stairs (and heights, oh good.) Moral of this story? Same as a previous moral of mine in this thread that I so obviously heeded, the right footwear is important!

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:the right footwear is important!
You can say that again. I've seen people come out for track in big basketball shoes or VANs and keep wearing them, and I honestly don't understand how they don't just break their ankles or something running as much as they do in them.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:the right footwear is important!
You can say that again. I've seen people come out for track in big basketball shoes or VANs and keep wearing them, and I honestly don't understand how they don't just break their ankles or something running as much as they do in them.
Absolutely, if you don't get blisters then it's the shin splints... I'm sure there must be a technique as the army runs in jackboots but it's surely not he best way for your ankles or anything.

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Went for another 11/3/11 today. Not much to say, though my left ankle and shin were hurting on the second part. Hoping it's just crummy footwear and not shin splints (I've had these shoes for a while, and they're starting to break down. A couple weeks ago I had to put masking tape on the inside so it'd stop giving me blisters!)
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Went for another 11/3/11 today. Not much to say, though my left ankle and shin were hurting on the second part. Hoping it's just crummy footwear and not shin splints (I've had these shoes for a while, and they're starting to break down. A couple weeks ago I had to put masking tape on the inside so it'd stop giving me blisters!)
Have you got any running socks? If not, sounds like you could use them :) Hope you haven't got splints, they're absolute gits.

Got some new running shoes today! :D Just breaking them in at the moment, feel pretty shmexy. Can't wait to give them a proper tryout tomorrow!
I never thought I'd see the day I'd be excited about getting shoes - running shoes at that. CURSE YOU KATAWA SHOUJO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I never thought I'd see the day I'd be excited about getting shoes - running shoes at that. CURSE YOU KATAWA SHOUJO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME
You should talk to my dad... he wants to start up a store for 'em. He's downright passionate about the things.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

I began the C25K this week and so far have done W1D1 and W1D2, and both have been relatively easy. Although, that's probably because I was definitely not out of shape to begin with. I'm not too excited about what's coming up though, but hopefully by those points I'll be handling it a lot better.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Walshy12238 wrote:I began the C25K this week and so far have done W1D1 and W1D2, and both have been relatively easy. Although, that's probably because I was definitely not out of shape to begin with. I'm not too excited about what's coming up though, but hopefully by those points I'll be handling it a lot better.
Fantastic, mate :D If I remember, shit really hits the fan at week five ;D
I haven't looked at the schedule in a while, honestly... I've just been going out and jogging a certain route.
I don't even know how far it is.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Walshy12238 wrote:I began the C25K this week and so far have done W1D1 and W1D2, and both have been relatively easy. Although, that's probably because I was definitely not out of shape to begin with. I'm not too excited about what's coming up though, but hopefully by those points I'll be handling it a lot better.
Haha, you think you're not excited now, but if you're anything like me, it's surprising how quickly you can gain the necessary level of fitness to do it. It does take effort, but it is a lot of fun :D And good luck! :)

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Haha, you think you're not excited now, but if you're anything like me, it's surprising how quickly you can gain the necessary level of fitness to do it. It does take effort, but it is a lot of fun :D And good luck! :)
Yeah, this. As long as you do it and keep yourself honest, it'll feel really good, and you'll get used to it sooner than you might expect.