Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LOL WUT IS A GUEST

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by LOL WUT IS A GUEST »

Running.

Where do I start.

Well I kinda imagine an invisible Emi cheering me on while I run.

I have not done running as an exercise since I was thirteen.
Bad Memories that time.

But I have recently taken up running as a hobby.
I run every day.
I also run when I am bored.
It is better than sitting on my ass all day and reading.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

LOL WUT IS A GUEST wrote:Running.

Where do I start.

Well I kinda imagine an invisible Emi cheering me on while I run.

I have not done running as an exercise since I was thirteen.
Bad Memories that time.

But I have recently taken up running as a hobby.
I run every day.
I also run when I am bored.
It is better than sitting on my ass all day and reading.

Less weight more reps applies to running too. Run easier and longer, and push yourself when you find that you're getting better.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Akros

Post by Akros »

OOOOOK, so 5k with Emi is done now!!!
wohoooo!!! W9D3 done, I better go take a shower now, before I cool down too much and I just get lazy xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Less weight more reps applies to running too. Run easier and longer, and push yourself when you find that you're getting better.
Depends. I would say more weight, less reps.

If you're building muscle, more weight is good. If you're building stamina/rounding out muscle, more reps is better.

Just did my pushups as well. 50, speedtest. I need to time how long it takes me to do them on THursday.

Also, gratz Akros! :D Nicely done! :D
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Althamus wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:Less weight more reps applies to running too. Run easier and longer, and push yourself when you find that you're getting better.
Depends. I would say more weight, less reps.

If you're building muscle, more weight is good. If you're building stamina/rounding out muscle, more reps is better.

Just did my pushups as well. 50, speedtest. I need to time how long it takes me to do them on THursday.

Also, gratz Akros! :D Nicely done! :D

Well I mean in terms of running. Are you referring to general weightlifting now? I know MWLR and LWMR serve different purposes in terms of weightlifting, but in terms of running, my informal inexperience tells me that you'll get a better workout running lighter and longer taking breaks every now and then than going for a speedy mile and calling it a day.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

Pseudogenesis wrote: Less weight more reps applies to running too. Run easier and longer, and push yourself when you find that you're getting better.
Naw man, I look like this in real life.
That's Actually Really Fucking Gross.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

LOL WUT wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote: Less weight more reps applies to running too. Run easier and longer, and push yourself when you find that you're getting better.
Naw man, I look like this in real life.
That's Actually Really Fucking Gross.

Wow, you're scrawnier than I thought. Start up slow, and eventually you'll work your way up to bench-pressing full Olympic stadiums like me.

LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Wow, you're scrawnier than I thought. Start up slow, and eventually you'll work your way up to bench-pressing full Olympic stadiums like me.
I was wondering why those were moving up and down ever time I watched the Olympics.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

I'm used to jogging and can cover 5km in 1 hour, averaging 12min/km. I've done 10km before as well at roughly the same speed. Does couch to 5k help improve stamina? Also, I foound that following the day's workout, eg Day 1 20min, I'll cover around 2-3km. Am I suppose to keep going to complete to 5km or do I follow the workout?
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Keneshiro wrote:I'm used to jogging and can cover 5km in 1 hour, averaging 12min/km. I've done 10km before as well at roughly the same speed. Does couch to 5k help improve stamina? Also, I foound that following the day's workout, eg Day 1 20min, I'll cover around 2-3km. Am I suppose to keep going to complete to 5km or do I follow the workout?
Follow the workout. It's just a chart though. If you feel like doing more or differently, go for it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Xanatos wrote:
Keneshiro wrote:I'm used to jogging and can cover 5km in 1 hour, averaging 12min/km. I've done 10km before as well at roughly the same speed. Does couch to 5k help improve stamina? Also, I foound that following the day's workout, eg Day 1 20min, I'll cover around 2-3km. Am I suppose to keep going to complete to 5km or do I follow the workout?
Follow the workout. It's just a chart though. If you feel like doing more or differently, go for it.
But what's the whole objective of couch to 5k? Is it to make sure I can do 5k without collapsing? Or is it to improve speed?
Image <<< The waifu
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Keneshiro wrote:But what's the whole objective of couch to 5k? Is it to make sure I can do 5k without collapsing? Or is it to improve speed?
It's designed for people who don't presently run at all. The objective is to be able to run 5 km in about 30 minutes, which would be double your current pace. Since you run already, I suppose you could start further down the chart at one of the later weeks if you like. It does work, and very well.
Althamus wrote:And I never realised that a minute could be such a long time >.< Got back home and just collapsed into a chair for 5 mins before I could even get the strength to get to the computer and type this, but I made it!
Yay! Good on you for starting. That perception time dilation thing is pretty amazing. Makes one think about just how long a few minutes can be. The week 5 day 3 21 minute run seemed like an hour (don't worry about that though, you'll be ready for it). How did day 2 go?

Congratulations Akros! :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Walrusfella wrote:
It's designed for people who don't presently run at all. The objective is to be able to run 5 km in about 30 minutes, which would be double your current pace. Since you run already, I suppose you could start further down the chart at one of the later weeks if you like. It does work, and very well.
Suggestions for the starting week?
Image <<< The waifu
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

update: feelin' good so I finished this push-up days task with ease. Tomorrow, I shall move up to week 5. (or the next day.)
Akros wrote:OOOOOK, so 5k with Emi is done now!!!
wohoooo!!! W9D3 done, I better go take a shower now, before I cool down too much and I just get lazy xD
Congrats on finishing up dood. Looks like im not as far behind as I thought I was. (still quite far but myeah..) I'm only 2 weeks behind!
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
andros414

Post by andros414 »

Managing to keep up with the 100 push-up challenge, started Wk2D1 last night. :D

Took a break from c25k Monday night because I hurt my ankle, but it wasn't bothering me enough to stop me from doing pushups last night, so back to running tonight.

When looking around online for a C25k chart with non-KS art, I came across this version: http://i3.lulzimg.com/22baf9f526.png

For those that run, what do you think? This looks to be closer to what I'm actually able to do at the moment, in my attempts to do the Emi-version.

I'm thinking that if I can start with something more in line with my current abilities, it'd make progressing a bit easier than forcing myself to reach a point that I can't get to at the moment.
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin