Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Xanatos »

DrNonookee wrote:[shimmie]1068[/shimmie]
You don't want to make her *cry*, do you? :cry:
...HNNNNNG.

I really do need to get in shape though...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

My exercise has officially been postponed for the time being. As those of you with good memories will remember, I'm now working at a new job (which thankfully isn't too energy intensive), however the gap between end of jobseekers payment and when my work actually pays me means I have a very slim month this month, and paying for proper food comes lower on the list behind things like rent and transport to work, so I'm eating a lot of empty calories this month, a lot of bad foods and a lot of stuff that's horrendously cheap and not great food for energy or building muscle.

Sadly, next month I'll be going away on the 10th for some LARPing, which'll be all physical activity and will require me to be able to run around and be strong, so on the weekend that I get paid, I'll be heading out to buy ALL THE FOODS and basically spend a week of eating as much and as healthily as I can, building muscle and endurance and then going away on the 10th. Funtimes.

But yea. My contribution to exercise for the next 2.5 weeksish will be cheering you lot on, making a Rin 100PU chart (it's coming! I'm just busy!) and maybe once a week doing pushups to try and keep myself going.

Also, @Xanatos (apologies for the scarring down the left - it's my wallpaper on my netbook and I have my start menu on the left of the screen, so modded the picture so it wouldn't get covered up by the start menu)
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9694 ... moving.png
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

...The grin that put on my face is way bigger than it needs to be.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Yes, my exercise is also postponed again, due to a new job. But with the amazing free coffee (:D) it looks like I'll need to start again soon. As soon as into the rhythm of this place :)
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
ook

Post by ook »

Week 1 day 2 of pushups complete. I don't know if it was because I didn't run first like last time, or if I'm actually getting stronger already, but it was a little easier than day 1.

Also, I reached a milestone today - I went to an amusement park. :D
I hadn't been to one of those in about 8 years, so I was really nervous as I was about to get on that first roller coaster.
Not because I was scared, but... skinny people probably take this for granted, but it's something every 300+ man has experienced: It sucks to wait in line for a ride, only to take the "walk of shame" because the restraints won't close all the way. :oops:

But thanks to emi and you guys, that didn't happen. :) My gut has now shrank enough to ride on roller coasters.
As soon as the realization hit me that I could literally go on any ride in the park now, I felt... liberated.

And oh how I enjoyed those coasters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ook wrote:Week 1 day 2 of pushups complete. I don't know if it was because I didn't run first like last time, or if I'm actually getting stronger already, but it was a little easier than day 1.

Also, I reached a milestone today - I went to an amusement park. :D
I hadn't been to one of those in about 8 years, so I was really nervous as I was about to get on that first roller coaster.
Not because I was scared, but... skinny people probably take this for granted, but it's something every 300+ man has experienced: It sucks to wait in line for a ride, only to take the "walk of shame" because the restraints won't close all the way. :oops:

But thanks to emi and you guys, that didn't happen. :) My gut has now shrank enough to ride on roller coasters.
As soon as the realization hit me that I could literally go on any ride in the park now, I felt... liberated.

And oh how I enjoyed those coasters.

Nice job! :D

Thespian

Post by Thespian »

Xanatos wrote:Image
Well, thanks a lot! This is me at work: PfffttWAHAHAHAHA.
Everyone looking at me as I unsuccessfully try to go invisible once again...

Oh and to be somewhat on-topic: I'm thinking of taking up swimming. Just trying to find a timeslot between work and unwinding after work. And needing a good kick to stop thinking about it and just go do it.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

WAHAHAHA~!

If you need a good kick, just imagine this being very, very disappointed in you:

ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

DrNonookee wrote:
You can try running in the morning maybe? I do that and since the breeze is nice on that place with all the nature thing going on, it feels pretty relaxing.
Hell no. :p There are a number of reasons for this, but the biggest one is the heat. I live in the southeastern United States, and for the past several years the summer heat around here has been brutal - we're talking at least 90 degrees Farenheit most days, if not right around 100. And that's just the ambient temperature - not counting the direct sunlight blazing down on you making it feel even worse. Jogging in these conditions would be loopy for *normal* people...with my high body fat, that sort of activity in that heat would make me collapse from heat exhaustion. No thanks. :P

There's also the fact that I go to work in the afternoon, and my job involves standing near a metal detector and monitoring employees as they leave to prevent theft. I really don't want to burn out my legs in the morning, and then have to go to work and stand around all evening with them being all limp and noodley. :roll: Indeed, that's part of the point of working out for me - I want to improve my ability to walk and stand around without having to sit down every few minutes. By getting my exercise in before bed, I can let my muscles recover their strength while I sleep. When I wake up the next morning, they're rather stiff and sore, but after a few minutes of moving around the soreness goes away and I'm left with this delightful relaxed sensation, like my body is enjoying a reeeeealy good wake-up stretch that lasts for hours. It's like when you wake up the morning after sex, feeling tired but in a good way, and you just sort of lie there and enjoy it for a while. A morning-after-glow, if you will. ;)
Why did Emi's picture have to be on these charts...Now I'm gonna feel bad for not exercising.
That's kind of the point. :P The hardest part of exercise is keeping at it regularly. It's hard to establish new habits when they require so much effort (physical and otherwise), and I know from experience how easy it is to blow something off "for just one night". And then again, and again, until you're not even bothering with the pretense anymore.

Think of Emi as your personal trainer. ;) She's going out of her way to encourage complete strangers like us to get up and get active out of nothing more than the goodness of her heart. She has faith in you, even when you yourself don't. After all that, how can you let her down like that?

[shimmie]1068[/shimmie]
You don't want to make her *cry*, do you? :cry:

(On a side note, I think this is the reason why I like Emi and Shizune so much. They both push you towards self-actualization - to improve yourself, to try new things, to be better than you are. Emi does so through friendly encouragement and setting an earnest, energetic example...Shizune does it by playfully taunting you, goading you into taking risks. God bless you, ladies.) :mrgreen:

haha, I do see in Yahoo news that America's got one hell of a heat experience. And as a hater of hot weather, I feel your pain.

On my side note: Those are the same reasons why I like Emi as well. Coz of her friendly encouragement and well...energetic! (I don't like Shizune though...I always was too lazy to study. I can imagine her breathing down my neck when that happens. lolz)

update: I honestly don't know if I'm following Althamus's chart but if I'm correct about this. I should rest until Monday again since I'm done with the first 3 days in that week. (Or should I progress on the chart everyday?)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I might not be able to run today, gonna have some people at my house messing with my routine.
Though maybe I'll just run in the evening then. I don't know.

EDIT: Nope, they didn't show up. Ran anyway.
Last edited by Enemy | on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xden

Post by Xden »

I'm hoping to start picking this up and make it routine. Stopped working out once I got to college, so it's good to have some more motivation again. The hardest part is to figure out when to do it though :/ and when I should start.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Skipped ahead, did a higher week.
Now my legs are cramping me. Not sure whether it was the fact that I didn't stretch, or it's normal..
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

ook wrote:Week 1 day 2 of pushups complete. I don't know if it was because I didn't run first like last time, or if I'm actually getting stronger already, but it was a little easier than day 1.
It's that you didn't run first. Running is a low-energy long activity, and will just generally deplete your energy reserves, but will increase your stamina and slightly increase your muscles.
Pushups (for example) is a high-energy short activity, and will go for maximum muscle growth and make your arms hurt, but won't really deplete your energy reserves or increase your stamina.

Therefore, plan accordingly. If you can, do exercises that'll deplete your energy reserves last (otherwise anything after that will be done while you're feeling exhausted), do high-energy short activities when you won't need to use -those- muscles for a day or so, otherwise they'll hurt etc etc.

tl;dr
Do endurance exercises after weight-lifting style exercises.
update: I honestly don't know if I'm following Althamus's chart but if I'm correct about this. I should rest until Monday again since I'm done with the first 3 days in that week. (Or should I progress on the chart everyday?)
With -any- exercises that're designed to push you to your limit (pushups, running etc etc.) then you should always rest for a day or so afterwards to give your body time to recover. Ideally exercise Mon, Wed, Fri and have the other days in the week off.
This is because if you're doing it right, then you should be actually tearing your muscles apart as you exercise, and then when they regrow, they'll regrow bigger and stronger. But obviously, if you don't give them time to regrow, you'll just end up damaging them.
Obviously, if you can run for 20 miles np, then a half-mile walk isn't pushing you to your limits, so a rest afterwards isn't needed etc etc.
If you feel sore when you start the exercise, you're probably better off leaving it a day more.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Well, I guess it doesn't exactly count as running/workout, but recently, I started playing soccerball every evening with friends. And it makes me feel really good despite how I suck at soccerball. I decharge some of the energy inside me, my leg muscles function, I get sweaty and stuff. Well, I need a new pair of sneakers though. I guess this is more like Hisao/Emi style running around and playing soccerball, lol. I plan to do actual jogging after I finish Emi's route though.

Anyways, am I in? :3
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Erenussocrates wrote:Well, I guess it doesn't exactly count as running/workout, but recently, I started playing soccerball every evening with friends. And it makes me feel really good despite how I suck at soccerball. I decharge some of the energy inside me, my leg muscles function, I get sweaty and stuff. Well, I need a new pair of sneakers though. I guess this is more like Hisao/Emi style running around and playing soccerball, lol. I plan to do actual jogging after I finish Emi's route though.

Anyways, am I in? :3
Emi's route...I wish the Nurse was completely hilarious in other routes. But I'll just have to revisit Emi sometime.

And you sound like Hisao with the soccer.

I need to find a printer to print out these Emi workout charts before I can start a routine...