Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Enemy |

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Enemy | »

Ahaha!
Managed to get the treadmill working again. It was most likely messing with the wires again but a little part of me wants to believe that the kick was the solution.
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

I want my ankles to stop hurting. They probably would've healed a week ago if I hadn't tried to ignore it. :L
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.
ook

Post by ook »

Been away from the computer and internet for a while, it's definitely given me more time to go outside and exercise. :P Just filling up free time with my new hobby of physical activity rather than my old hobby of surfing the net.

but owwwww, I got sunburn on my legs yesterday (as I was putting on sunscreen, I forgot I was going to wear shorts), there's no way I can run or even walk like this. Now what do I do...
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

ook wrote:Been away from the computer and internet for a while, it's definitely given me more time to go outside and exercise. :P Just filling up free time with my new hobby of physical activity rather than my old hobby of surfing the net.

but owwwww, I got sunburn on my legs yesterday (as I was putting on sunscreen, I forgot I was going to wear shorts), there's no way I can run or even walk like this. Now what do I do...
Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about the sunburn... ouch. I know that pain. I go red like a cooked lobster. Aloe plant is the only thing I've found that actually helps with that. The actual plant works best, just break off a chunk and rub the juice on your burn. It feels nice and speeds up the healing. If you don't have one of those around, they make gels with that stuff in.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

ook wrote:Been away from the computer and internet for a while, it's definitely given me more time to go outside and exercise. :P Just filling up free time with my new hobby of physical activity rather than my old hobby of surfing the net.

Since you're from the US: I once went on a vacation there and got a sunburn in f*cking Death Valley. I tried different things to try and heal it faster, but nothing worked. Then i tried some gel called "ocean potion" and that really did the trick :D I hate Death Valley btw, lol.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Nicely enough, i don't burn, i just tan more and more.

Though maybe that is because i am not in the sun enough.

Oh well either way, i don't get sunburned :D
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Akros

Post by Akros »

gRaViJa wrote:

Since you're from the US: I once went on a vacation there and got a sunburn in f*cking Death Valley. I tried different things to try and heal it faster, but nothing worked. Then i tried some gel called "ocean potion" and that really did the trick :D I hate Death Valley btw, lol.
you guys need to get used to the heat :\
When I was a kid I used to get so much tanned that whenever I went with my aunt somewhere people would think I was from Northern Africa or something. Nowadays there's so much shit involved that I don't get to go out that much so my skin is pretty much the same all year round
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

gRaViJa wrote:"ocean potion"
+1. That stuff is amazing. I use it all the time when I get burned (see: frequent, as I refuse to wear sunscreen - skin cancer is for pussies).

I was a little disappoint that I missed workout yesterday due to time constraints and having to drive to work instead of walk (due to time constraints), but I made up for it today! Walked 3.5 miles and swam for 50 minutes. Kept the blood flowing the whole swim, it was a great workout.

My knees have started feeling better too, though I haven't been terribly gentle with them... Not of my own accord, either, but more accidental everyday stuff that's causing them pain. Random buckling happened once or twice, and when I kneel (required at some points for my job) they throw a fit. Getting better, though - slow but steady.

It was definitely the shitty shoes. I'm HOPEFULLY picking up a new pair tomorrow through work.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

gRaViJa wrote:
jmeks23 wrote:
ZXRN wrote: I too am pissed off at this amazing pain suddenly appearing at the lower right of my stomach. (i dunno if it's the kidney or appendix. I ain't good at science.) I was in the middle of the 5 min. run when it appeared so I thought maybe it'll pass at some point and kept going...But it hurt even more when I sped up a little. It's like the closer I get to the goal the damn thing got worse.

It's gone now, so I hope it's gone for good.
Sounds like typical stomach/side cramps from running. They suck badly and often last a few days IME. Though I'm not doctor and if you feel it's worse then try a doctor.
Yup, it just happens sometimes and it really sucks (it's not dangerous or anything). You should certainly not drink any sodas/fizzy drinks before runnign because that can cause those side cramps.
thanks guys. I'll keep that in mind. I'm just kinda glad that it's normal for people who does running. No need to worry about doctors then woot!
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Akros wrote: you guys need to get used to the heat :\
When I was a kid I used to get so much tanned that whenever I went with my aunt somewhere people would think I was from Northern Africa or something. Nowadays there's so much shit involved that I don't get to go out that much so my skin is pretty much the same all year round
I'm in the sun a lot during summer, but we're speaking about Death Valley dude, the hottest place in the world. We had to drink at least a liter of water per hour or we would die. I hate temperatures above 40°C (and it was like 48°C out there). I'm never going back there... ever! :p
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Akros

Post by Akros »

gRaViJa wrote:
Akros wrote: you guys need to get used to the heat :\
I'm in the sun a lot during summer, but we're speaking about Death Valley dude, the hottest place in the world. We had to drink at least a liter of water per hour or we would die. I hate temperatures above 40°C (and it was like 48°C out there). I'm never going back there... ever! :p
40ºC? I guess that's a lot, anyway, I'm kind of used to temperatures of 35º and above
BTW isn't Death Valley part of a desert or something?
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

See this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irs9XP2b ... r_embedded
And read the explanation below the flic.
I felt slightly better about human kind.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

2nd day week 4 was once again interrupted. It would seem as if mother nature itself does not want me to go on. Struggling to wake up 5.30 in the morning just to find out it's raining ain't cool. Specially if today's your birthday.

Ah well...Next time, I won't let a little rain stop meh!
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Happy birthday bro!

And keep up that positive attitude! Or get a rain coat.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Gandara wrote:Happy birthday bro!

And keep up that positive attitude! Or get a rain coat.
ooo, nice suggestion. I think I'll get to that. Thanks for the greeting mate. :D