Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kilo

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Kilo »

Congrats Mirror and Ook! :)

Meh, I just don't feel like updating my sig, I might as well do it when I'm finished...
I don't really know why I should use 2 weeks for the 30 minute run. D:
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
sociopath

Post by sociopath »

Morning.
I've been drinking a lot more water recently. I probably drink twice the amount I used to.
Ever done some exercise and notice how small people get?
I saw this what I used to think was a big person, but he just looked like a small teenager now.
Lightweights
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Just returned from a 6k run AND from my 2 week ban =|

Anyway, how have you guys been doing? I see Ook and MirrorMn completed the 5k challenge? Congrats!

I have found a new route close to my home in a nature park. It's about 6k long and from now on i'm timing my runs. I need about 34 minutes now and i'll try to get that under 30 mins now. I'm still thinking about joining a sports club, but Due to school work i'll wait untill the summer to do that.

I'm also accepted on that University course I applied for, so that's great news for me :)

And lastly The youth club i'm helping out at had opened last week. It was fun and I met some new people, so I'm looking forward how that's going to go in the future.

This is how it looked before we started rebuilding it:

And this is how it looks now (there were some local politicians and businessmen there for the opening, so it doesn't look like a youth club in that picture lol):

Now you guys know what I was up to, let's head out to the tracks again soon :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

wow, I never thought a game could inspire people this much. congrats to all of you who's really done some running! ( I don't think I have the capability to that. wahahaha~)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

If it weren't for my recurrent ingrown toenails, I'd take up running. I got a treadmill at home that could use some more use :P
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Enemy | wrote:If it weren't for my recurrent ingrown toenails, I'd take up running. I got a treadmill at home that could use some more use :P

ooo lucky you. Wish someone in this house would buy one. (I'd also wish there's some kinda track and field near this place. Apparently, both are impossible to get.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

gRaViJa wrote:*snip*
Welcome back! I think I'm pretty close to where you are in terms of speed albeit a little slower than that. I'm also currently trying to get 6k in my 30 minutes. Awesome find on the nature park, sounds like an ideal place to run. A huge congratulations on getting accepted to your uni course as well!
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Oh, I see we're putting pictures now. :)
Remember, work on your 5k with Emi, and you could be this guy one day:

I was down last week from taking 5k in the knee, and then I went hiking for a whole day yesterday, and I don't know when I'll be able to walk properly again (my legs are now complicated set of pains every time I stand up, and walk any significant distance, like a long trip to the toilet, or incredible journey there, to the fridge and back again).
SotiCoto

Post by SotiCoto »

Surely any Emi-inspired running would require amputating your legs and becoming a cyborg first... right?

Anyway... it all strikes me as rather dumb. What is the point of running if you're not running TO somewhere? Last time I ran seriously was when one of my very few friends lived a 55 minute walk away, but I liked them enough that I could run it in 25... and then I'd show up at her doorstep on a regular basis whimpering due to the lactic acid buildup from sprinting across a goodly portion of London without stopping. Then we'd collapse on the floor and watch Springwatch on her television or something and discuss animals or strangely coloured cakes.

Those were good times.
I think my legs are fvcked these days though. Can't really run anywhere any more.
ook

Post by ook »

One of the points of running regularly is so that you actually CAN run to somewhere, without wheezing and collapsing when you get there. :D
SotiCoto

Post by SotiCoto »

ook wrote:One of the points of running regularly is so that you actually CAN run to somewhere, without wheezing and collapsing when you get there. :D
Well... then run regularly TO somewhere that you need to be...
Running that doesn't take you anywhere is wasteful. Totally unacceptable.
ook

Post by ook »

It's practice
SotiCoto

Post by SotiCoto »

ook wrote:It's practice
Makes no difference.
It should still be put to a more practical use.
Besides... just running is sh!tty exercise.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

SotiCoto wrote:Anyway... it all strikes me as rather dumb. What is the point of running if you're not running TO somewhere? Last time I ran seriously was when one of my very few friends lived a 55 minute walk away, but I liked them enough that I could run it in 25... and then I'd show up at her doorstep on a regular basis whimpering due to the lactic acid buildup from sprinting across a goodly portion of London without stopping. Then we'd collapse on the floor and watch Springwatch on her television or something and discuss animals or strangely coloured cakes.

Those were good times.
I think my legs are fvcked these days though. Can't really run anywhere any more.
We're running to a longer life O_~

Also, what makes you think any of us started out as pro runners? I'd guess the vast majority of the people who've now done the EC25K started out not being able to run more than 100m without coughing and wheezing. I'm doing a 100 pushup test. At the start I could do 30 (I was already not bad at pushups). Now, I can do 5x30 with 2 min breaks inbetween sets, and feel so much stronger. All in 4 weeks.

Not trying to impress you. Just trying to impress upon you that if you would like to do it, it's definitely possible. None of us are special :P

Without further ado though, I had some friends over this weekend, and got 3 hours sleep last night. Just saw the last of them off just now, and it's 10:45pm, and then remembered I hadn't done my exercises for the day >.< I felt SO FLIPPIN TIRED, but figured that if I didn't do them today, it'd just give me more excuse not to do them next week, and that way lies madness (and failure), so I kept calm, and carried on.
29/33/29/29/40+ was my intended routine. I did 29/33/29/29/40
That's not bad considering I will be asleep in 0.25 seconds.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
SotiCoto

Post by SotiCoto »

Althamus wrote: We're running to a longer life O_~
... Why would you wanna do that? Spending your youth running so you can be old, wrinkly and useless in a chair for longer?
Also, what makes you think any of us started out as pro runners? I'd guess the vast majority of the people who've now done the EC25K started out not being able to run more than 100m without coughing and wheezing. I'm doing a 100 pushup test. At the start I could do 30 (I was already not bad at pushups). Now, I can do 5x30 with 2 min breaks inbetween sets, and feel so much stronger. All in 4 weeks.

Not trying to impress you. Just trying to impress upon you that if you would like to do it, it's definitely possible. None of us are special :P
Never said you were... but at the very least you could be running to and from the supermarket to get groceries or something.
Wasting such motion is.... anathema. I mean freakin hell, I risk traffic in order to cross roads diagonally so as to cut down my travelling distance for efficiency's sake... and here you people are running nowhere, wasting time in order to GET time... This is a definitely non-Sparta kind of madness!