Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tomate

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Tomate »

Manman wrote:WOoooo, done with day 1 of week 5, I can actually feel
that I'm getting better. I ran today without any major problems.

I'm looking at day 3 and it seems to be a big jump from running 8, walking 5 and run 8, to be runing for 21 minutes.
Can someone tell me how they managed on the third day of week 5?
IT was surprisingly easy, i was thinking "Fucking no, i can barely run 10 minutes, 21 will be impossible". I was thinking about this the whole week, then came friday and it was my day to run 21 minutes.

So i went to the park Led Zeppelin blasting on my mp3 player and i started to run, at first i was thinking about how long 21 minutes are, but i kept on urning. When I looked at the watch for the first time (after two songs) I was running for 12 minutes, I was a bit tired and my legs were hurting, but i went on, minutes later the pain ceased and i kept running, then it was easy, when i looked to the clock again it was time to stop.

When i was moving fast there was no pain, but when the running was done and it was time to walk, my legs were hurting like hell, but i didn't care too much, i had run the 21 minutes, was proud of myself and remembered that my reason for running is Hubris.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Althamus wrote:
Kilo wrote:I am currently planning on joining a local track team (Turns out there was one after all, I just had to look for it).
Joining a local track team is excellent ^_^

Just... beware if the Captain invites you into the track shed...
>_>
Maybe I should forget about joining? :shock:

:lol:
NoOne3 wrote:That's the spirit!

And I feel proud looking how our little sweat-covered family is growing week by week.
This forum results in years, or even decades of our combined prolonged lifetime expectancy.
Just don't get hit by a car while running, it would spoil the whole statistic!
When I began running (WAHAHA It's not been that long, I know) I thought it was just about gaining some muscle on the legs :)
More life expectancy is a good thing... But I don't think I could get hit by a car on a fenced up soccer field! :lol:

Anyway, tomorrow is "The Big Day". At least for me, because I will face the 21 minute run that I've been afraid of since my first post here. I mean, I saw at least 2 people complaining about it, but I really want to finish it correctly tomorrow.
PAIN IS OVERRATED!
Just kidding :?
Although a bit more effort into sleeping early today and eating everything the right way tomorrow may help. :)
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Kilo wrote:
Althamus wrote: Just... beware if the Captain invites you into the track shed...
>_>
Naaah, you just have to run faster...
NL-=3

Post by NL-=3 »

NoOne3 wrote:
Kilo wrote:
Althamus wrote: Just... beware if the Captain invites you into the track shed...
>_>
Naaah, you just have to run faster...

It's been a while since I last posted here, but finally, week 5! :D

I'm totally excited to walk my first run without breaks. Today I went for my first run and it was raining like hell all day. But when I began running, it pretty much stopped pouring rain, but it kept being nice and cool. Good job weather! :D
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Tomate wrote:
Manman wrote:WOoooo, done with day 1 of week 5, I can actually feel
that I'm getting better. I ran today without any major problems.

I'm looking at day 3 and it seems to be a big jump from running 8, walking 5 and run 8, to be runing for 21 minutes.
Can someone tell me how they managed on the third day of week 5?
IT was surprisingly easy, i was thinking "Fucking no, i can barely run 10 minutes, 21 will be impossible". I was thinking about this the whole week, then came friday and it was my day to run 21 minutes.

So i went to the park Led Zeppelin blasting on my mp3 player and i started to run, at first i was thinking about how long 21 minutes are, but i kept on urning. When I looked at the watch for the first time (after two songs) I was running for 12 minutes, I was a bit tired and my legs were hurting, but i went on, minutes later the pain ceased and i kept running, then it was easy, when i looked to the clock again it was time to stop.

When i was moving fast there was no pain, but when the running was done and it was time to walk, my legs were hurting like hell, but i didn't care too much, i had run the 21 minutes, was proud of myself and remembered that my reason for running is Hubris.
My experience with the first run without breaks was similar to this. You go into thinking, oh man oh man... but then your body realizes that you aren't going to stop and it's just like, "Fine be that way, I'll make some of the achy pains stop but you better rest AND feed me afterwards!" Okay, maybe not everyone's body said that, but mine did.

Today I finished up week 8, yay. I actually found out later that I ended up going a little slower than I did on Monday, but the point is that I'm still going. Trust me guys, it only gets easier!
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Crap, I'm stupid.
I thought today was the 5 minute run walk 3 etc etc, not run 8 walk 5.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I'LL HAVE TO DO IT TOMORROW :(
I was so excited for the 21 minute run...
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
hyugafan

Post by hyugafan »

I just started doing the 5k three days ago.

OH GOD THE PAIN.

Seriously, I am way out of shape. I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without stopping. Funny how the program looks way easier on paper. you tell yourself ''pfft, I get 1m30 walking breaks between 1 minutes of running? piece of cake!''. And then you finish your first run and you want to hit your past self for being stupid. but you're too tired so you mindlessly stretch, kiss the emi pic on your door and weep silently in a cold shower for 20 minutes. going to run the last session o the first week on friday. I won't let you down, Emi!
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Today I was feeling kind of bored and apathetic... so I went walking... for close to 3 hours straight. I've never done something like that before. I just started walking and then kept going until my legs couldn't take it anymore, which turned out to be a damn long time. It wasn't a transformative experience or anything, but it was surprisingly peaceful. Anyway, hopefully it doesn't make my legs too sore to start Week 7 of Ct5k tomorrow.
hyugafan wrote:I just started doing the 5k three days ago.

OH GOD THE PAIN.

Seriously, I am way out of shape. I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without stopping. Funny how the program looks way easier on paper. you tell yourself ''pfft, I get 1m30 walking breaks between 1 minutes of running? piece of cake!''. And then you finish your first run and you want to hit your past self for being stupid. but you're too tired so you mindlessly stretch, kiss the emi pic on your door and weep silently in a cold shower for 20 minutes. going to run the last session o the first week on friday. I won't let you down, Emi!
It will probably get easier for you pretty soon, once your body gets used to the concept of running. As Emi says, the first day starting a new routine is hard, and the second day is the hardest. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I guess), the progressive nature of the program keeps it from ever getting "easy"; you'll always have to put significant effort into completing your scheduled run. You just won't always feel like you're about to fall over when you're finished.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

So noones jumping rope? :(
Everyone understimates how much you can get done with a $5 rope
$50 says I live more South than all of you
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

inquisitivenegro wrote:So noones jumping rope?
No I'm not! Who told you that!?
;)
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

inquisitivenegro wrote:So noones jumping rope? :(
Everyone understimates how much you can get done with a $5 rope
The horrible and very real fear of tripping and trying to break the floor with my face prevents me from spending time with jump rope. Yes, I realize that jumping in place dramatically reduces the chances of face planting, but previous playground memories have buried themselves into my psyche.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
George

Post by George »

I'm planning to start on monday! :) but do i lose weight? cause i don't want to because i actually need to go up in weight a little bit more.. get some muscels
NL-=3

Post by NL-=3 »

George wrote:I'm planning to start on monday! :) but do i lose weight? cause i don't want to because i actually need to go up in weight a little bit more.. get some muscels
It's all up to you if want to lose weight. If your already eating healthy and are at a good weight, then I think you will gain weight. (Because of the muscles weight.)
inquisitivenegro wrote:So noones jumping rope? :(
I was really good at jumping ropes, just don't like it as much as running.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

George wrote:I'm planning to start on monday! :) but do i lose weight? cause i don't want to because i actually need to go up in weight a little bit more.. get some muscels
Eat a lot of protein and eat healthily and you shouldn't lose weight. I also need to gain weight, and a while back, went walking for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week for work, and gained quite a bit of weight overall during the period (incidently, weighing the most I have ever weighed in my life :D)
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
DarcDiscordia

Post by DarcDiscordia »

I just started replaying Emi's route today, and it's given me back a bit of the motivation I lost when I realized there's really no convenient way for me to run. I don't have a car, and the nearest gym is several miles away, so that's my first choice gone. There aren't any tracks around me, either. All that really leaves is jogging/running/walking on the streets around my house. I can walk for hours on end with little thought- I work on my feet, up to 40 hours a week- but when it comes to any speed above a brisk walk, I have all the endurance of an asthmatic hippopotamus. (I've got the figure of one, too.) The worst part is, I keep coming up with all these excuses not to get out and walk/jog/whatever- I don't have a pair of running shoes, it's too hot or cold, I don't have any sweats or shorts and I don't want to run in jeans, whatever. (The one about the shoes is fairly legitimate, though- the only shoes I own are my steel-toe workboots, which aren't at all comfortable for running in.) I just can't seem to push through the mental blocks because, at the end of the day, I've never liked running, never liked being out of breath and exhausted, because it reminds me just how pathetic my body is. I don't even have an excuse like Hisao did- my heart's fine, I've never been laid up in the hospital, I don't have to worry about cute girls barreling into me and killing me- I've just been obese all my life and never did anything about it.