Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Althamus »

Hmm, admittedly I was abit low on energy today before I started and knew it'd be hard, but I was meant to do 22/30/20/20/28+, and got 22/27/20/20/25. Almost there, but not quite... I think all week I've been SO CLOSE to meeting the requirements of the day, but just... not quite getting there. I may redo W3 next week, see if I can actually get there every day.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Guest13 wrote:
Kilo wrote:What the heck. Looks like I'm not in my ideal weight at all, I'm 2 grades underweight on the body mass index thingy (Which seemingly only works on the internet, because when I did at school it showed 23.)
I don't understand... If I keep running, will I get worse? :(
The BMI scale is out-dated and doesn't consider your skeletal structure or height. If you're worried about your weight then you should probably see a doctor.
Yeah, I was shocked because my doctor didn't mention anything about me being underweight. Thank you. (I've been visiting her quite regularly because THIS is the age my height problems are supposed to go away IF I exercised my arms and legs a lot like my father did, which probably pushed me into running and tennis. These are not old things to me, I started to take tennis class 3 weeks ago, taking me away from 4 years without ANY exercising, except swimming which I regularly didn't show up to.)
NoOne3 wrote:What you should think about is, maybe what your gran's gonna say if she sees the kind of games you're playing.
What you mean?
If it's about me overexerting myself, then granny is not the best person to notice it (She's workaholic) :lol:
dunkelfalke wrote:Nope, it starts with the thirties already. Unfortunately.
Aw, that sucks. Do people get used to it eventually? It probably feels like the pain after running a new week.
Which will happen today for me :|
Last edited by Kilo on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I am a stupid idiot. Despite being oh so clever I probably met the first ugly sister. Listen to my story and learn from my mistakes.

I am in my early thirties and the last 10 years of my life I've been really fat. At my worst, a little more than two years ago, I weighed 155 kg (340 lbs). I have managed to lose 48 kg (105 lbs) in about two years, a fifth of that during the last three months. Also, during the last three months I've been trying to make Emi proud of me, starting with biking 5 km (3 miles) straight to 45 km (28 miles) mixed down and uphill, running a calorie deficit of about 650 kkal a day for a while, pushing my self to a deficit of 1500-2000 kkal the last ten days. Going that hard on one's self is quite a strain for the body, add to that some heart problems (sudden bradycardia) due to the medicine I have to take and lots of stress at work - and my body started giving me signs that it could not cope anymore.

Yesterday I had to abort my ride half the way. Today I woke up in the middle of the night for some reason, and being not able to fall asleep again I rode to work, without having something to eat, a fast ride of 25 km (15 miles). After a long work day I rode back, and since I didn't feel well in first place (very low pulse, not enough sleep and dizziness) I just pushed my self even harder with two caffeine pills. My ride home is the same 15 miles, but straight uphill. On the last mile I couldn't go on, I felt like crap, was shivering and had to stop. In fact I felt so bad I needed my bike as a support or else my legs probably wouldn't carry me.

Still feeling ill without being ill (I think). What I have is very probably that first ugly sister called Overreaching. And that means no sports the next days, maybe even weeks, and that means no mountains on Sunday for sure. That sucks but it is all my own fault. It could have ended way worse, for example me fainting while riding through Frankfurt. And that would be deadly.

Don't be as stupid as I am!
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Have you consulted with a doctor or dietitian about your exercise/diet, dunkelfalke? I've gone through a similar experience of weight loss as you, and have reached a point where it's becoming difficult to maintain a diet that leads to weight loss while also maintaining enough energy for everyday activity and exercise, and I've been thinking of getting some professional medical input about it... unfortunately I don't have health insurance, so the prospective cost is making me resistant to do so...

Anyway, a 1500-2000 kCal deficit sounds incredibly unhealthy! I know it can become empoweringly addictive to realize that you are actually able to control your weight and appearance through disciplined behavior, but as you say, trying to take things too fast will end in fatigue and illness.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I gave up on doctors when the last one said that I need a gastric band if I ever want to lose my weight. Needless to say that I proved him wrong.
I achieved that much calorie deficit mostly through sports, eating around 1800 kkal a day so the energy was not really the problem. Until yesterday that is.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Mirrormn wrote:Have you consulted with a doctor or dietitian about your exercise/diet, dunkelfalke?
And what is more important, have you consulted your common sense?
Sorry, but that was the first thing that came to my mind. It really looks like you had it coming, you had it coming, you only have yourself to blame.

I'm not giving up on you, ok? And I hope your lesson will be valuable for all people here.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

NoOne3 wrote:Not that. I was refering to you playing an adult content game, like KS (discretion advised, rating R +18, and so on, and so on).
And I'm not trying to judge you here. Just wondering.
Nah, I don't know.

EDIT: Just finished Week 4 Day 1. This had every single reason in the world and some more to come out wrong. I slept at 5 AM, woke up at 3 PM (Yesterday, I managed to convince mom that today wasn't going to be VERY important at school), ate lunch at 3:30, waited for 4:30 to run and when I got down to the soccer field a few of my friends were playing soccer there, even though they let me to run around while they kicked balls in random directions. I was already making up excuses in my mind while I ran the final 5 minute jog. Luckily, I managed to finish it. But now I need a shower. And new clothing. I feel like I swan in sweat. :lol:
Last edited by Kilo on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

dunkelfalke wrote:I am a stupid idiot. Despite being oh so clever I probably met the first ugly sister. Listen to my story and learn from my mistakes.

I am in my early thirties and the last 10 years of my life I've been really fat. At my worst, a little more than two years ago, I weighed 155 kg (340 lbs). I have managed to lose 48 kg (105 lbs) in about two years, a fifth of that during the last three months. Also, during the last three months I've been trying to make Emi proud of me, starting with biking 5 km (3 miles) straight to 45 km (28 miles) mixed down and uphill, running a calorie deficit of about 650 kkal a day for a while, pushing my self to a deficit of 1500-2000 kkal the last ten days. Going that hard on one's self is quite a strain for the body, add to that some heart problems (sudden bradycardia) due to the medicine I have to take and lots of stress at work - and my body started giving me signs that it could not cope anymore.

Yesterday I had to abort my ride half the way. Today I woke up in the middle of the night for some reason, and being not able to fall asleep again I rode to work, without having something to eat, a fast ride of 25 km (15 miles). After a long work day I rode back, and since I didn't feel well in first place (very low pulse, not enough sleep and dizziness) I just pushed my self even harder with two caffeine pills. My ride home is the same 15 miles, but straight uphill. On the last mile I couldn't go on, I felt like crap, was shivering and had to stop. In fact I felt so bad I needed my bike as a support or else my legs probably wouldn't carry me.

Still feeling ill without being ill (I think). What I have is very probably that first ugly sister called Overreaching. And that means no sports the next days, maybe even weeks, and that means no mountains on Sunday for sure. That sucks but it is all my own fault. It could have ended way worse, for example me fainting while riding through Frankfurt. And that would be deadly.

Don't be as stupid as I am!
Always listen to you body :) I remember my brother once fainted because he went "to far" in a race (yeah, me and him were very sport-obsessed in our teenage years) and that evening he fainted, bumped his head against the toilet door and ended up with a nasty head wound.

Finished push-up challenge week 2 btw, but kinda following my own path =)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Manman

Post by Manman »

I was suppose to run today,
but when I woke up it was snowing! WHAT!
I thought winter was over. I'll just keep going with the pushups.
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Manman wrote:I was suppose to run today,
Wouldn't stop me from running :)
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Sin of my sins wrote:
Manman wrote:I was suppose to run today,
Wouldn't stop me from running :)
Well, he probably already changed into summer tires. :P
completesky

Post by completesky »

What music does everyone listen to when running? I'm sick of Touhou and want something new.
Emi's Couch to 5K - Done
Emi's Couch to 10K - Done
100 Push-Up Challenge - Pending
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

completesky wrote:What music does everyone listen to when running? I'm sick of Touhou and want something new.
Katawa Shoujo music of course!
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Emi had inspired me to get in better shape. It took a bit for me to realize it, but after running through her route, good and bad endings, I started to think about it a little harder. I had always wanted to start walking every day to get in better shape, but I guess Emi was the little bit of muse I needed to actually get out and do it. My father has also wanted to get out and walk for a long time now, and we both have been walking now for going on a week. We walk 2-3 miles most days. Already its helping me feel a little better, because I am actually doing something for myself now. After another couple weeks of good, brisk walks I plan on stepping it up to a light jog.

So, I have something to thank her for.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

RAAAWWWWWWRRRRRR I WANT TO USE HER CHART, BUT I CAN'T FIND THE WILL TO GET OUT AND DO IT! BUT I WANT TO FOR MANY REASONS!!!!!

Only if i had a running partner..... Q_Q
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....