Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Althamus »

The other thing re: Was it difficult.

As Emi says, it helps so much when you have a running partner, because you can keep each other motivated.

I don't personally like having exercise partners, because I like to go at my own pace, whether that be unusually quickly or slowly, or just want the flexibility of doing things my own way :P But it's so useful to have the support of everyone else who replies to this topic ^_^ It really helps keep my motivation for it :D
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Manman

Post by Manman »

I'm back from Berlin, and I'm going to run day 3 of week 4, let's se how i do after one week of vacation.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

gRaViJa wrote:Running partners for the win!
Well, no such luck for me after all. My GF ran with me again today, but after decided it's not fun for her. I'm not going to try making her (and, as I know her well it would be easier by absolutely prohibiting her to do it), since she neither really need it, or enjoy it, and she's super busy lately, writing her master's degree and all. I can live with it.

So, recovery time for my legs (lawks, me poor legs) till monday, and another take on week 5 then.

PS.: Song for Manman.
ook

Post by ook »

Woooooo, week 8 day 1. I ran 4k. My plan for this week is to run 4k, then 4.5k for week 9, then finally, 5k. I feel like I can squeeze out one more k, it shouldn't be too hard. :D
Almost there!

Althamus wrote:I don't personally like having exercise partners, because I like to go at my own pace, whether that be unusually quickly or slowly, or just want the flexibility of doing things my own way :P But it's so useful to have the support of everyone else who replies to this topic ^_^ It really helps keep my motivation for it :D
same here
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

It was raining for the 5th day in a row, but i couldnt wait forever, so i just went in the middle of a rain shower. Suprisingly it was pretty much the most comfortable run i had so far. Also, there's this race in 2 days close to my home. If i can enter on the day itself (getting a number and paying a fee etc.) i'll join in and maybe take some pictures of my glorious victory :D
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Week 3 complete, 6 more to go. I'm loving it.
I'm running alone on a 20x20 Concrete Soccer field. I know, I know, I'll get a better place for it. Later.

Also, some of you guys told me to talk to the Coach: He said running everyday was just fine, and nobody has commented on me being overexerting myself. Maybe it IS light exercise after all, since I'm not on the chubby side of my family.
Remember that day I told you guys about the limp? I did the same exercise yesterday and today (I skipped tuesday out of fear that it might be bad for me, but the coach re-assured me it is not), and it was easy today to the point that I had to sprint the 90 second jog for me to release the blasted endorphins.
I might be getting better after all. At first, it was just to take my mind out of stuff, but maybe I can take it serious and... y'know, take it really serious?
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Blaaah, I am pushing myself too hard today. I've been moving from one apartment to another in the same complex, which means I literally spent all day carrying things up 2 flights of stairs. But, I still had to do Week 6 Day 1, which was not a huge problem in and of itself, but afterwards, when I bent over to take off my shoes, I very nearly passed out (I started feeling extremely dizzy and lightheaded, and fell onto my palms, but after a few seconds the feeling passed). But I still have a lot more stuff to move! So after an hour or so of resting, I went back to carrying things upstairs, but it's getting to the point where I can't climb the stairs anymore without getting dizzy. And my legs are killing me.

There's not really a point to all this, I just felt like venting >.>
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Kilo wrote:and it was easy today to the point that I had to sprint the 90 second jog for me to release the blasted endorphins.
Oh, to be young again...

Ifeel like I'm nearing to the age when, as my father says: "If you wake up in the morning, and nothing aches, it means you died in your sleep".
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

NoOne3 wrote:
Kilo wrote:and it was easy today to the point that I had to sprint the 90 second jog for me to release the blasted endorphins.
Oh, to be young again...

Ifeel like I'm nearing to the age when, as my father says: "If you wake up in the morning, and nothing aches, it means you died in your sleep".
I thought these pains only appeared when people were, like, 70? :?
Even though I've never seen someone older than 19 crouch down to pick up something they dropped without letting out a painful groan...
Mirrormn wrote:Blaaah, I am pushing myself too hard today. I've been moving from one apartment to another in the same complex, which means I literally spent all day carrying things up 2 flights of stairs. But, I still had to do Week 6 Day 1, which was not a huge problem in and of itself, but afterwards, when I bent over to take off my shoes, I very nearly passed out (I started feeling extremely dizzy and lightheaded, and fell onto my palms, but after a few seconds the feeling passed). But I still have a lot more stuff to move! So after an hour or so of resting, I went back to carrying things upstairs, but it's getting to the point where I can't climb the stairs anymore without getting dizzy. And my legs are killing me.

There's not really a point to all this, I just felt like venting >.>

You managed to carry furniture up stairs for an entire day? :shock:

Hey, guys, can you tell me where can I find somewhere to run on a South American rural town while isolated inside my Grandma's electric fenced walls? :)
Couchto5k Progress:
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

What the heck. Looks like I'm not in my ideal weight at all, I'm 2 grades underweight on the body mass index thingy (Which seemingly only works on the internet, because when I did at school it showed 23.)
I don't understand... If I keep running, will I get worse? :(
Couchto5k Progress:
Guest13

Post by Guest13 »

Kilo wrote:What the heck. Looks like I'm not in my ideal weight at all, I'm 2 grades underweight on the body mass index thingy (Which seemingly only works on the internet, because when I did at school it showed 23.)
The BMI scale is out-dated and doesn't consider your skeletal structure or height. If you're worried about your weight then you should probably see a doctor.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Kilo wrote:What the heck. Looks like I'm not in my ideal weight at all, I'm 2 grades underweight on the body mass index thingy (Which seemingly only works on the internet, because when I did at school it showed 23.)
You are more likely to gain muscle mass and therefore gain weight then lose any if you are already thinner and start doing something like run regularly. Also the Body Mass Index, BMI, like Guest13 said; is not something taken as an absolute anymore. Its just a general indicator and if a professorial is not worried about it then its not a big deal to be off from what the chart says to be at.

Also about the whole ache and pain thing. I am only 24 and my back gives out all the time from damaging it doing some lumber jobs a few years ago. Once you damage something, and you always do eventually, it just sort of stays weak when it comes to places like joints and your back.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

@Kilo, I guess we didn't take into account age.
I'm now 24, and although I'm still pretty flexible, I don't think any of my friends can 'just' bend over and pick something up off the floor without a moment's discomfort/hesitation/pause. Whatever, it's not as easy as when they were 15 :P

@Mirromn, I'm underweight and have struggled with energy issues through my life, so I can recognise it :P Your blood sugar level was WAY down, and your body was struggling to replace your energy that day. Don't forget that a day of manual labour carrying heavy objects up and downstairs is WAAAAAY more taxing than a day at the office (or w/e), and you'll need to adjust your food intake accordingly. Fruit is a good food for giving you a healthy quick burst of energy, but ideally either bigger meals, or snacks inbetween are good on days like that IMHO.

@Kilo (again), I'm seriously underweight as well, to the point where on most body fat testers, I don't register as having body fat. You've just gotta be more careful, and recognise that doing the exercise will deplete your energy, therefore you need to take in more energy before you exercise, and refuel afterwards. Do that and eat plenty of proteins to help you rebuild muscle, and you shouldn't have a problem.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Guest13 wrote:The BMI scale is out-dated and doesn't consider your skeletal structure or height.
Or your age.
You're still growing, Kilo, you shouldn't really worry about your BMI until it stops.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Kilo wrote:I thought these pains only appeared when people were, like, 70? :?
Nope, it starts with the thirties already. Unfortunately.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me