Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dunkelfalke

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by dunkelfalke »

Glad that I am not the only cyclist here. Also for similar reasons (knee injury).
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

@ook - I just got back from doing the same thing, haha. I know what you mean about it feeling too easy, after about 5 minutes it was just me, the trail, and some tunes and next thing I know, I'm done. I was keeping an eye on my watch after each "landmark" and when I hit the 20 minute mark I just gunned it to finish the last segment of trail I was on.

@Bigbishounen - I'm bummed to hear you're stuck on the bike, but at the same time I'm glad for you and for everyone else here to, as you said, get a start on a healthier lifestyle.

As for me, Week 5 of EC25k is complete and I feel awesome. I haven't exerted myself like this for this long in years! 3.3~km in 21:08 minutes.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

ook wrote:Awesome dude, good luck.

but isn't this a 9 week program? Or are you using a different chart?

Anyway I did week 5 day 3, it went great. In fact it felt a little too easy. Next week I'll work on picking up the pace. :)
Somewhere around week 4/5 i skipped a week because it was going so well. From there on i kinda made my own plan :p

@MoogleDee: Good job man! :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Bigbishounen wrote:I'll still post in the thread, and put up my general progress and keep you all abreast of my boring medical saga.
Some will be concerned, me at least, so please do. Did Dr. Jordan (at least he's name isn't "Johnson", for maximum pun effect) gave you any cautious predictions for full recovery?
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

NoOne3 wrote:
Bigbishounen wrote:I'll still post in the thread, and put up my general progress and keep you all abreast of my boring medical saga.
Some will be concerned, me at least, so please do. Did Dr. Jordan (at least he's name isn't "Johnson", for maximum pun effect) gave you any cautious predictions for full recovery?
Yeah, keep posting. I'm following everyone's progress here ;) We should refer to Dr. Jordan as Nurse, for the lulz.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

gRaViJa wrote:
NoOne3 wrote:
Yeah, keep posting. I'm following everyone's progress here ;) We should refer to Dr. Jordan as Nurse, for the lulz.
So it has been said, so shall it be done.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Guys! Guys! Guys! I did it! I completed the couch to 5k program! Ran 5k in 30 minutes today and i never had to push it or anything. From now on i'll keep running 5 or 6k twice a week, three times if i find the time. Every Monday morning i'll be running with a friend and we're planning to join that running club together. Next week or so, we're gonna have a look at one of their training days.

i used to be an avid sporter in high school, and for the first time in +-5 years i'm feeling that competitive kick again: I want to see how good i can get and if i can beat others etc.

Too bad my parents or brother pretty much ignored my 5k success though...
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

gRaViJa wrote:Guys! Guys! Guys! I did it! I completed the couch to 5k program! Ran 5k in 30 minutes today and i never had to push it or anything. From now on i'll keep running 5 or 6k twice a week, three times if i find the time. Every Monday morning i'll be running with a friend and we're planning to join that running club together. Next week or so, we're gonna have a look at one of their training days.
Congrats man. It's always nice to hear that people are living full out and achieving their own goals. Myself, lately I have been taking 3-6km runs 3 times a week in preparation for my half marathon in May.
As long as you're content with your results, that's enough right?
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

That's frickin' awesome!

Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

gRaViJa wrote:Guys! Guys! Guys! I did it! I completed the couch to 5k program! Ran 5k in 30 minutes today and i never had to push it or anything. From now on i'll keep running 5 or 6k twice a week, three times if i find the time. Every Monday morning i'll be running with a friend and we're planning to join that running club together. Next week or so, we're gonna have a look at one of their training days.

i used to be an avid sporter in high school, and for the first time in +-5 years i'm feeling that competitive kick again: I want to see how good i can get and if i can beat others etc.

Hisao? Is that you...?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Congratulations on completion!
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

I miss checking this a few days and the post grows more and more XD, good to see people interested in working out. I am going to try to use the Emi chart to start my training
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Congratulations.

So I caught a cold of some kind and the last 2 days have just been bed rest. Really the only annoying part is the difficulty breathing with the stuffy dry nose makes aerobic exercise impossible.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
completesky

Post by completesky »

After weeks of lurking I have signed up to say I have completed Emi25K today and feel much better for it. I even woke up at 6 every morning to do it (which has the added benefit of keeping my sleeping cycle in check). I am lucky enough to have not suffered any injuries although on some days I could not use my legs properly after the workout.

Thank you to whoever posted the chart originally. I recommend everyone to try it.
Emi's Couch to 5K - Done
Emi's Couch to 10K - Done
100 Push-Up Challenge - Pending
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

First mountain this year today :D