Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NL-=3

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by NL-=3 »

gRaViJa wrote:Completed week 7 with a 27 minutes run! Today i even overtook some other joggers and they couldn't follow me :p okay, they were a fair bit older than me, but still :)
Nice!

I just started, when I'm done with this post I'm going to begin with my first run. :D
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Well, since I intend to run the half marathon in summer I might as well follow the schedule. Last year I ran about 2h 5min with no real practice at all, so I'm pretty confident I should do a lot better this year if I just stick to a running schedule.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

gRaViJa wrote:Completed week 7 with a 27 minutes run! Today i even overtook some other joggers and they couldn't follow me :p okay, they were a fair bit older than me, but still :)
Awesome work!
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

NL-=3 wrote:
Nice!

I just started, when I'm done with this post I'm going to begin with my first run. :D
Good luck! And remember: the first and second run will probaply be the worst, after that it only get's better.
(Thanks, dunkelfalke and MooglDee ^^)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
NL-=3

Post by NL-=3 »

^ Thanks. I finished my first run, it was kinda hard, but it also feels like its a good start.

Next run is gonna be on Tuesday, kinda looking forward to it. :)
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

NL-=3 wrote:^ Thanks. I finished my first run, it was kinda hard, but it also feels like its a good start.

Next run is gonna be on Tuesday, kinda looking forward to it. :)
That's the right attitude. Stick with it and it'll become a habit some day.

Remember to take it easy though since you're just starting and your body may not be use to you exercising regularly.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

NL-=3 wrote:Next run is gonna be on Tuesday, kinda looking forward to it. :)
It just gets more and more fun from here! Congratulations on the first run, and I'll see you out on the track :D
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

For the most part Emi helped me emotionally more than physically. Hanako made me realize that I was building walls, and Emi helped me realize at least one reason why I do.

More on topic, though, I have to admit that I'm somewhat tempted to start a routine. At least a walk around my neighborhood.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I only went for a run yesterday, but i'm studying for this important exam tomorrow atm and i feel the need to go out and run to clear my head for a bit. But for sake of my exam and letting my body rest a day, i'm not going to. Am I getting addicted?
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Hehe, a good thing, though.
Go for an easy walk, then. There is a reason why "recovery workout" exists. And after airing your head a little you'll think better anyway.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Well, didn't do the running or biking last night. I spent the day running around doing yard work and home repair (climbing up on the roof to wash the upper story siding! yay! :x ) I also took a few laps around the neighborhood on my bike with my son. By the time I was done with all that my knee was so sore I just needed to sit down and rest it, so I decided to take the day off.

Unfortunately, my doctor appointment isn't until Friday. So I'm going another week of uncertainty about what's happening with my knee. What really worries me is that despite wearing a brace and really trying to take care of it, it is still sore over a week later. (Hurt it on Thursday the 9th if memory serves correctly.) Also I can HEAR it making "clicking" and "grinding" noises. So that's not good. Of course I have been able to "pop" it for YEARS, since I was a teenager, just by flexing the joint quickly. I'm beginning to think that maybe I've always had a bum knee but never knew about it since I took up biking instead of running as a teen. I will be majorly PISSED if it turns out I need my knee scoped or otherwise operated on just because I finally decided to go get healthy. :x
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Aww, that would really suck if you have a bum knee. I'm hoping for the best :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

You have my best wishes.
I have my knees sore too, though probably not that bad, the're not really hurting, but it's taking all the fun I had in running.
Since I already decided to have a full not-running week I looked into 100 pushups challenge mentioned previously by Zanger, since it is similar in construction to couch-to-5k. The result is... tragic. I'm gonna make a laugh of me in public, but I'm confessing now not being able to do two decent looking pushups in a row. Guess I'll have to start with wall pushups.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Sorry to hear about the knee D: At least you're getting it looked at now rather than down the road. They say it's best to identify problems earlier on.

Today I finished Week 5, Day 1 and it was good fun. For awhile there I was thinking to myself, "Oh man! This is really hard and I might have to redo this week..." but then I realized I did it. Until I'm dead, I won't give up! I'm also noticing the worst parts of the run are when you have to start running again after a walking period, so eventually I think it'll just be easier to just keep going rather than stopping to a walk.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

MoogleDee wrote:"Oh man! This is really hard and I might have to redo this week..." but then I realized I did it.
I had a moment of crisis like that two or three times. Energetic music usually helped me.

And once there was this really strange moment while running on my last breath, I noticed the clouds dispersed while I was running and I saw the stars for the first time, I tried to remember if there was something about stars in KS, some scene with Shizune maybe? (I'm not thinking of KS all the time, believe me)
And then I noticed the music stopped, and I can stop running, cough up the last piece of lung, and go back home.
Those little private moments of mystique...

Edit: Oh God! Listen to that, I'm changing into a magical girl.