Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MoogleDee

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by MoogleDee »

I wish it hadn't of rained today because treadmills are fucking boring.

That said, how's everyone doing on their progress? I'm not trying to put any unnecessary pressure out there, but I'm just curious.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

I missed another run today, pulling overtime, I just got home, and I'm going to sleep. Back to the office first thing in the morning, and a vision of another whole day... I realised how relaxing is a 30 min jog/walking. Doing week 2 runs with a little sweat. I'll try with week 3 again, monday maybe.
Scale showed 5kg less today than before my first run, but I don't believe it much (daily shifts of weight, and the scale's not very reliable), and don't really care yet. I might be running with Emi, but I still take my meals with Misha.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Argh i really want to get out there...-_-' Such a pain to find the motivation to get out there a run. I wish i lived closer to my track or i would go and run around it early in the morning where less people will see me
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I planned to run today, but i decided to postpone it untill tomorrow. Not because i didn't want to run anymore, but because i talked with someone from an athletics club during my free time. I think i'm going to join them after i finish Emi's 8 weeks program :D
Last edited by gRaViJa on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Still going 5-6 days a week to the gym for elliptical or treadmill. I need to start going longer then 40 minutes on them now but I am so worn out at the time that its hard to go any longer. Although within 30 minutes I feel fine so my recovery rate is at a place I am happy with.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

My inner Emi is totally mad at me, because I ate fast food this week and didn't do any sport. My bike's brakes died and I had insomnia and thus was sleepy all the time, but she didn't care. So I finally fixed the brakes today and went for a little ride, so Emi can finally go from cursing me to grumbling. It's a start.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

Good lord, did my Friday weigh in and since I got on the "Emi program" I'm down 22lbs, to take a quote from her I think I might just fade away at this rate, ha.

Actually this is fucking fantastic for other reasons, being that I only got one leg I put a massive beating on the one knee that I have yeah, 22lbs less banging on that feels like I'm walking on air.

Another funny thing, practically the only thing that I've given up intake wise has been soda, I honestly had no idea how much of that stuff I was drinking till I gave it up, and quite frankly I bet 50% of my loss has been due to just that. We always think about what we eat but never what we drink, damn odd.
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

yeah, sodas are the enemy. i never gained serious weigth in the 2 years i didn't sport simply because i don't drink any sodas.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Hm, never understood the obsession with carbonated sugarwater myself.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
TamagoTwo

Post by TamagoTwo »

Well since you asked...
Finished week 1 today, first time I had to make myself go and do it, I was tired and just wanted a day of doing nothing, but I did it anyway. Took a different route than the last times, which I think I'll do from now on since there are less busy roads to cross.
Can already feel that I've got a bit more stamina, took me longer to feel exhausted which is nice.
Week 2 doesn't look too difficult. Going to have trouble fitting it in though, kinda busy but I'll manage.
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Woo! Awesome job to those still going. If you miss a day, just reassure your inner-Emi with a pat on the head and a warm smile. I almost didn't go today actually, heh. After work I sorta plopped down on the bed and rested my eyes... and 10 minutes later I jolted up hah. Oh, and water! Drinking water is good, yes.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

dunkelfalke wrote:Hm, never understood the obsession with carbonated sugarwater myself.
The worst part? it's not even sugar. it's HFCS. Nasty stuff, tricks your body into both being thirsty (thus wanting more soda) and causes it to STORE fat, particularly in the torso area. Sugar does this too, but HFCS does it at about 25 times the rate sugar does.

And people wonder why so many westerners are obese??

Myself, I'm going to be starting the workout next week. I used to walk/run on the treadmill 30 minutes three times a week, but got out of it for stupid reasons. Might as well join in, I need an excuse to start again.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
ook

Post by ook »

My first run of week 2 felt good, it was tough but I pushed through it.

Now, though, it suddenly got really cold and snowed a lot. I'll probably wait til sunday to run again, since it's supposed to warm up a little.

Also, going with the armband idea, I got some supplies and am planning to make one for myself... if it turns out decent I'll post a picture. 8)
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

dunkelfalke wrote:Hm, never understood the obsession with carbonated sugarwater myself.
Oh, carbonated sugarwater. Y U so addictive?

Anyway, I checked my soda (a.k.a liquid happiness) for hfcs, and found none. Guess it might be used more in US. That is not to say it's much healthier, I know I should drop it.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Ha.
I thought it seemed like I was the only one that seemed inspired by Emi to do better and start running.
I'm wrong.
Time to start! <3.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous