Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Maakasu_Taihaku

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

urishima wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote: Ya but i never usualy even get 5hrs of sleep, and sleep is awesome... but i wish i didn't need it
Oh, I couldn't live with 5 hours of sleep. I mean I can pull it of for one day but if I don't get more sleep the next night then you might as well just put me in the broom closet for 8 hours at work. No coffeeshop can brew enough coffee to keep me going on days like these.
lol XD, i feel buzzed as if i am drinking, i think its my internal clock trying to adjust to me fixing my habit lmao
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Maakasu_Taihaku

My sleeping habit that is
zanger

Post by zanger »

The Local Hentai wrote:Oh and running should be done every other day, just like any kind of workout. Stretching is very important. Remember to warm your body up (by doing jumping jacks and rapid movements) before doing stretches. Always do dynamic stretching BEFORE your run and static stretches AFTER. Land with the balls of your feet when you run, this will allow you to run much longer since there's less impact. Don't use too much movement, your feet should be landing below you while you are stepping down, inefficient running will only cut your energy short which is quite demoralizing.
Ideally you should run every day. The only muscle you're actually exercising is your heart, there is no 'recovery' time for your heart muscle. Pretty much all athletes run every day, but they cycle through their muscle group workouts. The best way to structure running workouts is to alternate stamina v. speed every other day. So, you'll go for a 25 min jog one day, and run a mile as fast as you can the next. Or, because running is actually bad for your feet and shins if you do it too much, alternate jogging and biking.

Other running tips for conserving:

Keep your body straight, and don't sway it while running.
Move your arms opposite in tune with your leg on the same side, and swing your arms parallel to the direction of your run (no cross-body arm swinging).
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

running and jogging aren't the same things. Running every day IS not ideal.
ForLackofaBetterName

Post by ForLackofaBetterName »

urishima wrote:
ForLackofaBetterName wrote: Read on, my friend:
http://www.highexistence.com/alternate-sleep-cycles/

I haven't tried any of these personally, since my lifestyle doesn't allow it, but I have heard it does work when you get used to it (and after the jarring initial zombie period.)
Oh, you fancy people and your fancy sleeping.
I don't need no fancy sleeping cycles, all I need to get is around 7 hours of sleep and I am a functioning individual with enough freetime to entertain myself.
As we IT folks say: If it aint broken, don't fix it!
Plus, sleeping is awesome!
Hey now... I hope you're not implying hipster sleep cycles ;D This is making it so you have the most efficient sleep! >:D
(P.S. I'm IT in the Air Force... and I can say with confidence that it's ALWAYS broken :P)
zanger wrote:Ideally you should run every day. The only muscle you're actually exercising is your heart, there is no 'recovery' time for your heart muscle. Pretty much all athletes run every day, but they cycle through their muscle group workouts. The best way to structure running workouts is to alternate stamina v. speed every other day. So, you'll go for a 25 min jog one day, and run a mile as fast as you can the next. Or, because running is actually bad for your feet and shins if you do it too much, alternate jogging and biking.

Other running tips for conserving:

Keep your body straight, and don't sway it while running.
Move your arms opposite in tune with your leg on the same side, and swing your arms parallel to the direction of your run (no cross-body arm swinging).
I really don't know that I can agree with this at all. If I were a more motivated individual I'd post up some sources for info but:
1) You CAN run every day, but there is nothing that says that it's ideal. In fact, you can quickly run into all sorts of problems with overtraining and injuries related to that. Look at the list of problems ultra-marathon runners will have during the course of their training. Yes, everyone's body works differently, and some people's body react differently to exercise, but to suggest running every day is the ideal is quite a stretch. I will agree to what you said about varying their workouts, but even professional runners will allow themselves recovery time.
2) Only muscle you're exercising is your heart? False on a deep level. Your exercising your calf muscles, quads, hamstrings, gleuts, core muscles, and even your chest is exercised (albeit not as much as your lower body).
3) There is no recovery time for your heart muscle? Go and run a 5k in 18 minutes, and then wait 30 minutes and try to do the same thing again. Tell me your results. Yes, your heart is ALWAYS pumping (it never stops to recover itself), but to suggest that there is no recovery time after exertion for it is kind of ridiculous.
4) All athletes run every day? I wonder what many professional powerlifters, swimmers, skiers, snowboarders, etc. would have to say about that.
Bonus) There actually is a slight sway that occurs when you run (especially after getting into your rhythm) and it's natural and not harmful.

Since it's just a friendly thread on a VN board, I'm not going to spend the time to throw up the info pages I have on the stuff I talked about. I'd like to think that I have a decent say in the matter since I'm currently a PTL for my squadron, have been a competition runner since high school, competed with fighting sports (Taekwondo competed since high school, and MMA since college).

Now I really need to add that I really don't mean to sound like a dick with that all (which I probably did and I apologize) but it's always upsetting when I see people getting hurt from making training mistakes. It turns people off from exercising and staying fit.
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Post by Guest »

So I keep fit anyway to support martial arts training, but I usually keep away from the treadmill at the gym. Usually I go for the crosstrainers and bikes instead. However I decided to give day 1 of the Emi running workout a shot today, and God did I feel amazing afterwards. Even now, an hour after I left the gym, I still feel a buzz - I don't usually get such a strong high, so this is certainly something.

Emi's my least favourite girl, but if I encouraged myself while picturing her face, it pushed me to keep going. lolfeels ;v;
Maakasu_Taihaku

Guest wrote:So I keep fit anyway to support martial arts training, but I usually keep away from the treadmill at the gym. Usually I go for the crosstrainers and bikes instead. However I decided to give day 1 of the Emi running workout a shot today, and God did I feel amazing afterwards. Even now, an hour after I left the gym, I still feel a buzz - I don't usually get such a strong high, so this is certainly something.

Emi's my least favourite girl, but if I encouraged myself while picturing her face, it pushed me to keep going. lolfeels ;v;
Need to be strong in, Mind, Body and Spirit!

Also its her puppy dog eyes.....they just...get to u man XD Shes to cute to ignore, whether u like her or not lol
Maakasu_Taihaku

Shes my next story :D
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Going running when I get up just is not doing it so much for me anymore. It is not a big deal to get through it and I don't feel like I am worn out enough later in the day. I'm thinking of going once in the evening after work too since its not much of a strain but I don't have time to do longer then my 40 minutes in the morning I do now, not until after work.
Last edited by HurricaneHarvey on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:Going running when I get up just is not doing it so much for me anymore.
Does it mean You run 5k every morning? Good for you then.
Now, What Would Emi Do? Well, she would run it... faster. Since You can always push yourself further, and that's what you want to do, then the easiest thing is to improve your time on the distance.

BTW I'm back on track since yesterday.
Maakasu_Taihaku

NoOne3 wrote:
HurricaneHarvey wrote:Going running when I get up just is not doing it so much for me anymore.
Does it mean You run 5k every morning? Good for you then.
Now, What Would Emi Do? Well, she would run it... faster. Since You can always push yourself further, and that's what you want to do, then the easiest thing is to improve your time on the distance.

This is true if a workout becomes easy or boring you make it more interesting.... Unless your trying to keep it at a certain level to keep your self in the shape you are now?
Number 905

Post by Number 905 »

Whoooo, week one of that 5k plan done.

Guess I need to get ready for week two now.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Number 905 wrote:Whoooo, week one of that 5k plan done.

Good luck!
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

NoOne3 wrote: Does it mean You run 5k every morning? Good for you then.

No Idea how far I go. I just go for 40 minutes. I should check the distance next time to see. Also back on track is good, keep back at it :)
Number 905 wrote:Whoooo, week one of that 5k plan done.

If it has not already gotten pretty routine it will soon enough. Getting going and going again after any break are the only parts I found really hard. Keep it up.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Personally, I find it weird to set goals like achieving a distance in a set amount of time since it's kinda a way for you to cheat yourself in your workout.

IE: If I went a set distance of 2 miles a day I would eventually just try to rush through it as fast as possible.

Where as if I set a time limit of how long I run and keep track of my heart rate and have it above a certain BPM. That way I know I get my full workout. Which is what I personally do.

Sure it maybe a bit endurance related, but it gets me my healthy fix. 8)
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.