Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Ravenheart
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Ravenheart » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi there. As a fan of the game, I am always looking for new and interesting stuff. A bit ago I saw the workout charts made around Emi and loved it. I most recently decided to start working on myself and downloaded the workouts. I remember seeing a chart for situps but can't find it anywhere. Am I crazy or does one exist? Of all the workouts, the situp one is what I need the most. Thank you in advance for any reply.

User avatar
wazuzu
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by wazuzu » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:36 pm

There's no chart for sit-ups afaik, but you should know some things before you start.
1) It's better to do only one program at a time, or two different ones. Running is the best, I do running and pull-ups now (different muscle groups). You shouldn't do running + sit-ups.
2) You really really should learn to do sit-ups correctly. I can't search for relevant video, but you'll find one if you'll search for it good.
3) I don't get, why do you need sit-ups the most? There's (almost) nothing sit-ups will do for you better than running would otherwise. Sit-ups will only ruin your knees faster (esp. if you will do them wrong).

YukiDoh
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by YukiDoh » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Gamera Ramen wrote:The hardest day is the first, and the second-hardest is the second. Just go right into it, and you'll be going fine in no time!
You weren't kidding! :) It took quite a bit to make myself go out on the first day and it didn't go that well. I found my old shoes weren't as big as I thought they were so I ended up stopping for a few days after ordering some new ones (okay, so that bit was fun). After a few days of trying to wear the new ones in I finally made myself get up and go running again. It seemed like such a huge chore to actually get out of the door, but once I was out there it was surprisingly fun. The block I live in has a path around it that's close to 1 mile so it's pretty handy for these early runs as I always end up back at my door just as I'm about to collapse, hehe.

Two weeks from my first post here and I've still only managed 3 runs because of the shoes issue though, and those I did were only 10-15 minutes before I felt I had to stop. I was concerned that my asthma would be a bit of a battle, but between the running and other light exercises it thankfully hasn't been too much of an issue. So, I'm still behind week 1's full goal, but I'll keep trying until I get there. I definitely felt like it was a little bit easier each time though... both to get out and to push myself those extra few minutes. :D

Now even though I'm finally trying to get myself in shape it's just my luck that I'd start to get ill; after my last run I ended up spending most of the day in bed with a nasty pain in my stomach. Later that night I ended up vomitting a few times and mostly blood which was a tad concerning at 1am!! :o I've got to get myself checked out by a doctor tomorrow and I very much doubt it's related to the running, but yikes was it bad timing. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing then I can get back out there.

Wish me luck and again, thanks for the encouragement so far. Hopefully I'll be back next time with some better results... :lol:
Yuki, x

User avatar
wazuzu
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by wazuzu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:14 am

Last time I ran was last week's monday. Fucking +10° in mornings. Summer my ass. Waiting for September to start swimming routine.

qetuo13579
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by qetuo13579 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Links that aren't working:

Week 3:
http://www.mediafire.com/?r8bb5d2qyuxe99m
I'm going to assume it's something like: week 3 compilation 4.mp3 or Running Playlist for Runningbros (Week 3 Day 2).mp3

Week 4:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vbhqz9tpoa6mda0
week 3 compilation 4.mp3?

Week 5:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j7w6cv4zy13yl2b
http://www.mediafire.com/?4dhcqn8nn1azo2e
Definitely sure that both of these are:
Running Playlist for Runningbros (Week 5 Day 2).mp3
Running Playlist for Runningbros (Week 5 Day 3).mp3

Week 6:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hvlmct7q3hgcud1
No idea, Running Playlist for Runningbros (Rockin' Rollin' Week 6 Day 3).mp3 ?

Does anyone have the missing files? Thanks in advance.

User avatar
HurricaneHarvey
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 am
Location: Idaho

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by HurricaneHarvey » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:33 am

qetuo13579 wrote:Links that aren't working:

Week 3:
http://www.mediafire.com/?r8bb5d2qyuxe99m
I'm going to assume it's something like: week 3 compilation 4.mp3 or Running Playlist for Runningbros (Week 3 Day 2).mp3

Week 4:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vbhqz9tpoa6mda0
week 3 compilation 4.mp3?

Week 5:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j7w6cv4zy13yl2b
http://www.mediafire.com/?4dhcqn8nn1azo2e
Definitely sure that both of these are:
Running Playlist for Runningbros (Week 5 Day 2).mp3
Running Playlist for Runningbros (Week 5 Day 3).mp3

Week 6:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hvlmct7q3hgcud1
No idea, Running Playlist for Runningbros (Rockin' Rollin' Week 6 Day 3).mp3 ?

Does anyone have the missing files? Thanks in advance.
No unfortunately. A few months ago I went on a hunt for the files from the broken links but could not find anyone with them or at least no response anywhere. I have left the broken ones up in hopes that they are restored because I did alert the group of people who had orginally hosted them but no response and no change as of letting them know several months ago. So unless someone who has them didn't speak up in the last few attempts and does now they are lost to the wind.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...

User avatar
Caden Tiksaril
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Caden Tiksaril » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Having no Internet for a week sucks, especially when you have another update to post in here. Managed to pull off those three consecutive 5K runs last week, so now I can say that I've successfully completed the couch-to-5K challenge. I don't feel ready yet to go beyond 5K, but I can definitely try to get more comfortable with what I can do right now, improving my time and such.
Image
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.

User avatar
hitman555z
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: ny

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by hitman555z » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:34 am

i want to follow the running guide, but i really dont think walking and jogging at a very slow pace is gonna motivate me much. when i used to run, i would jump straight to an hour fast paced walk or a jog. then, after like a few days of the walk/jog, i would continue on a machine for an hour going on an incline. in one hour, going at an average 4 mph, i traveled over one mile. i stopped running at the gym because construction was going on at the building and they closed it down.

now that they opened it, i took the guide into consideration, but i know i could go straight to the way i used to run. really wish i had a running partner :/

what do you guys think? should i just go straight into my old routine and just go for over a mile in under an hour?
no hidden message in here

User avatar
Gamera Ramen
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:46 am
Location: Land of Gold and Beaches

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Gamera Ramen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:23 pm

It's called a guide and not a law for a reason. If you don't like sticking with it, feel free to do your own thing (as long as that thing still involves running, of course).
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).

User avatar
hitman555z
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: ny

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by hitman555z » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Gamera Ramen wrote:It's called a guide and not a law for a reason. If you don't like sticking with it, feel free to do your own thing (as long as that thing still involves running, of course).
i wanted an opinion, but ok, thanks for your input.
no hidden message in here

User avatar
wazuzu
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by wazuzu » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Gamera Ramen wrote:If you don't like sticking with it, feel free to do your own thing (as long as that thing still involves running, of course).
Basically, this. No one will decide for you better than you (except for your doctor ofc).

Pool is closed due to lack of hot water. I am pretty much forced to spend two more weeks without workouts. Well, home exercises are my friends for the time being.

User avatar
hitman555z
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: ny

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by hitman555z » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:15 pm

wazuzu wrote:
Gamera Ramen wrote:If you don't like sticking with it, feel free to do your own thing (as long as that thing still involves running, of course).
Basically, this. No one will decide for you better than you (except for your doctor ofc).

Pool is closed due to lack of hot water. I am pretty much forced to spend two more weeks without workouts. Well, home exercises are my friends for the time being.
lack of hot water sounds like a bullshit excuse. people swim at the beach and the water is no where near hot. you should be able to swim still.

and i dont really follow doctor orders. all i know is keep yourself from falling off the machines, make sure you breathe, keep hydrated, and just do whatever to keep your heart from bursting inside of your own chest.
no hidden message in here

User avatar
wazuzu
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by wazuzu » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:07 pm

hitman555z wrote:lack of hot water sounds like a bullshit excuse. people swim at the beach and the water is no where near hot. you should be able to swim still.
I don't ask them why they didn't open their pool with 5-10°C water. They just keep it closed.
And as I recall you are a lilbit informed about Russia. So, don't you understand what is "Горячую воду отключили"? It's kinda fucking sad meme here.
Edit: wow, 333 posts! I should stop posting.

User avatar
hitman555z
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: ny

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by hitman555z » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:10 pm

wazuzu wrote:
hitman555z wrote:lack of hot water sounds like a bullshit excuse. people swim at the beach and the water is no where near hot. you should be able to swim still.
I don't ask them why they didn't open their pool with 5-10°C water. They just keep it closed.
And as I recall you are a lilbit informed about Russia. So, don't you understand what is "Горячую воду отключили"? It's kinda fucking sad meme here.
Edit: wow, 333 posts! I should stop posting.
welcome to the polar bear club. we swim in winter time!

but if they did close the pool, then yea, i guess theres no getting around that.
no hidden message in here

User avatar
Gamera Ramen
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:46 am
Location: Land of Gold and Beaches

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Gamera Ramen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:30 pm

After being grounded for too long by traveling, school, and sickness, I finally got back on the trail again today. Despite a lingering congestion (still getting over a cold, sickest in morning/night), it went by smoothly. Sticking with the 3/1.5/5/2.5/3/1.5/5 pattern for the forseeable future, at least until I can actually get a solid week or so instead of the occasional weekend.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).

Post Reply