Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lloonnee2

del

Post by Lloonnee2 »

del
Last edited by Lloonnee2 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptPonyholder

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by CaptPonyholder »

Yea, I completed W1D1 of "Ponies Sad Attempts to try Exercise at a full Gym". Tried to do Emi's thing, but I was so embarassed I decided to just do an incline of 3.0 at 3.5 MPH for 30 minutes. Going 4.5 for one full minute near the end.

Wednesday I will start the real "W1D1" Emi stuff.

But apparently I managed to lose around 200 calories, hopefully most of it was fat.
Lloonnee2

del

Post by Lloonnee2 »

del
Last edited by Lloonnee2 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Welp, been snowing here for two weeks straight and can't even take a step outside or I'll smack my face on the ground. No joke, it happened.
Gandara wrote:Would a "drastic" measure like a liquid juicing diet be a decent step to take? Even if it was more or less temporary, like maybe a week "detox" or something? Any advice on this would be most appreciated...
I would strongly recommend not to go on a full liquid juicing diet. Your body is already resisting to lose any more weight than you're losing now and you're not even on a diet that I would call extreme. If you shake it up even more, your body will go full force at you and just break down, maybe even GAIN weight. So, if you still feel like such a diet would be an appropriate next step considering that you are not losing a considerable amount of weight anymore with your current diet, then go in steps. Replace a meal a day with juice. Give that some time first. If that's okay with your body, and you're noticing a real loss in weight (not water, which you can notice by a fluctuating weight), then this was a good step to take.

The most important thing is to give it time. Learn about your body, see how it reacts to your actions and move on from there.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Welcome Lintaro! You're among lots of people who've had the same experience. Happy running, and do let us know how it goes. And welcome back Lioonnee2! It's nice to see so many new runners all at once.
Lioonnee2 wrote:And it's hard to say that 'I'm running because I was inspired by a cute little girl in a Visual Novel that I played', because none of them know about VN's. So I found it simpler to say that I found it some motivation to exercise suddenly ^^
I had the very same dilemma when people asked me why I had started running so assiduously - I actually said to one friend "a cartoon schoolgirl from a videogame inspired me. What are you going to do about it?". He thought I was having him on.  :)
completesky wrote:Congrats dude! Which strength programme are you starting on?
Thanks completesky. I'm not really sure yet. I ought to strengthen my legs for running, and probably my shoulders and back. I went through my wife's new routine the other day with heavier weights and settings just to try out some things. Anything you'd recommend that's gone well for you? I'm no expert.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Reksho wrote:The most important thing is to give it time. Learn about your body, see how it reacts to your actions and move on from there.
Well, my body SUCKS. It needs to get with the program!

I've just picked up a big stash of fruits and vegetables designed for juicing. my diet plan as of right now is going to be something like this:

Breakfast:
- Quest Bar - a high-protein, high-fiber bar that fills me up for breakfast and doesn't have the nasty junk added to it that's in traditional "power" or breakfast bars.
- A cup of Skim milk, not every day.

Lunch:
- Naked Juice - Delicious, and seems legit health-wise. I'm hesitant to accept the healthiness of a food based only on its label (and cost, phew), but they seem to be okay.
- A serving or two of vegetables
- Some sort of starch, not every day.

Dinner:
- Juice! I purchased a pile of juicable fruits and vegetables, including kale, cucumbers, apples, oranges, mangoes, peaches, carrots, and cranberries. I'll switch up the actual contents whenever I purchase more stuff, but this juice stockpile should last me at least a week.

Last night was my "fare thee well" to the tradition of fast food (again...) - I followed this plan for breakfast and lunch, felt really awesome, then ate a big greasy burger with fries for dinner. It was my final burger for a while. Now, I won't swear off all other foods, but fast food is at an end for me again starting today. Here's hoping...

And I'm thinking that this diet plan isn't so extreme that it'll throw my body into turmoil. The guys working at the health food store I've been going to said that the only real detriment to a liquid juicing diet is the lack of fiber, so the Quest bars in the morning have more than enough for a daily serving (each bar's got over 20g of fiber). Combine that with the solid foods at lunch and I think this will go well.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

I'm thinking of maybe becoming a vegetarian.
I hear every single person that became a vegetarian claiming to have more energy than ever, feeling fresh throughout the whole day and at the end just being able to crash into bed and actually get some instant shut-eye.

But I like fish too much. :cry:
ook

Post by ook »

Did they become vegetarian after having an unhealthy diet, or did they already eat plenty of veggies before? Maybe they just feel better from eating healthier in general, not necessarily cutting out meat.

Gandara I'm interested to see how that diet makes you feel. Keep us updated :)

If you're still stuck after that, I recommend a more low-carb approach. It's worked very well for me over the past year. I eat some protein as the foundation for every meal (to aim for about 150 grams a day), eat enough fruits & veggies to get up to about 50-100 grams of carbs per day, then include some extra fat in each meal as well (salad dressing, cheese, nuts).
Sometimes I slack on the vegetables part, and you CAN get away with eating even less carbohydrates (as in the ketogenic diet), but then I find it's too easy to overeat everything else - one time I ate an entire block of cheese in one sitting :oops: lol. Gotta eat the veggies.
It definitely works though; I'm down about 110 pounds since last February when I played Katawa Shoujo. Basically just cutting out starch (I was never a fan) and sugar (I found that once I stopped eating sweets for a while, I stopped craving them).
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

ook wrote:Did they become vegetarian after having an unhealthy diet, or did they already eat plenty of veggies before? Maybe they just feel better from eating healthier in general, not necessarily cutting out meat.
That is a possibility, indeed. But I noticed that all vegetarians I met, whether they already were eating pretty healthy before or not, gained an energy boost. I think it has to do with the fact that meat is heavy on the stomach and consumes a lot of calories to digest compared to vegetarian food. You know that feeling when all that blood goes to the stomach after a huge dinner and feeling drowsy in the evening? I really think it has to do with meat, or heavy food in general.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Walrusfella wrote:Anything you'd recommend that's gone well for you? I'm no expert.
I know I'm not "them", but I figured I'd chime in with a tip.

If you aren't a member of a gym, I might recommend becoming one. The machinery they have is pretty extensive and focuses primarily on working all those muscle groups you want to work on, and then some. The advice I heard, at least to start, is to do 50 reps on every machine, five sets of 10. Set the weight so that it feels almost easy at first, but you are struggling by the end of the 50. Don't pause for more than a few seconds after each set of 10, just enough to catch your breath. Increase the weights after you become too comfortable with the weights you're using, but this won't be for a little while.

Personally, I've been trying to strengthen my arms. I just use dumbbells, but my job's workout center is loaded with machinery for pretty much every major muscle group so I'm going to begin this routine I laid out for you.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I do a bit of running/jogging, but I know Emi will kick my ass in a race anytime, anywhere. Even in a wheelchair.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Lloonnee2

del

Post by Lloonnee2 »

del
Last edited by Lloonnee2 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Lloonnee2 wrote:
YZQ wrote:I do a bit of running/jogging, but I know Emi will kick my ass in a race anytime, anywhere. Even in a wheelchair.
Racing against the star member from the track team isn't exactly the best idea :P
But seriously, she'll be cheering for you from the sidelines if she was in a wheelchair~
Got me thinking. Does Emi actually reject wheelchair racing as a legit way of remembering her father's memory?
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Yuyukoyay

Post by Yuyukoyay »

that cute look! xD
Maybe if she had a swimming guide, no way i can do the running thing =3
Lloonnee2

del

Post by Lloonnee2 »

del
Last edited by Lloonnee2 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.