Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Walrusfella

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Walrusfella »

completesky wrote:Has anyone finished EC210K yet?
I started it just this evening - week 1 day 1. It went well and was only a strain in the last five minutes. I'll keep everyone updated on how that progresses. I think Babli is doing it presently, but he hasn't posted in a little while.
Bluecoolman wrote:I'm starting to think about doing this, It could be fun. Huh.
Has anybody else been inspired to do this from Emi's route?
It is fun! Or rather, it will be once you get a bit more used to it. It can be unpleasant at first, but once you start making progress you'll want to keep going. Emi's story definitely inspired me to start running. She makes the best case I have ever heard for why exercise is necessary and worthwhile.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Akros

Post by Akros »

Walrusfella wrote:
Bluecoolman wrote:I'm starting to think about doing this, It could be fun. Huh.
Has anybody else been inspired to do this from Emi's route?
It is fun! Or rather, it will be once you get a bit more used to it. It can be unpleasant at first, but once you start making progress you'll want to keep going. Emi's story definitely inspired me to start running. She makes the best case I have ever heard for why exercise is necessary and worthwhile.
That's pretty much it :D

Did a 30 min run yesterday, I'll try going at it again today, I want to make this a daily routine now
EDIT: Too tired today and tomorrow I have a football game to play, so I'll start on thursday :P
Last edited by Akros on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
dwarduk-mobile

Post by dwarduk-mobile »

In Cyprus; way too hot to exercise. I feel really bad about lapsing again, but there's no way I can manage to keep up with everything in this 40 degree (Celsius) heat...
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I've been making excuses to not run so I've missed out on about 2 days of running, I'll be hitting the pavement again tonight though.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Pseudogenesis wrote:I've been making excuses to not run so I've missed out on about 2 days of running, I'll be hitting the pavement again tonight though.
How did the run go? You didn't make another excuse, did you? If you did I'm afraid I'll be forced to post a pouting Emi picture, and I'd rather not have to go nuclear like that. :twisted:
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Walrusfella wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:I've been making excuses to not run so I've missed out on about 2 days of running, I'll be hitting the pavement again tonight though.
How did the run go? You didn't make another excuse, did you? If you did I'm afraid I'll be forced to post a pouting Emi picture, and I'd rather not have to go nuclear like that. :twisted:

I didn't run. D: But I'm afraid that Emi picture will be ineffective. I am immune. My procrastination is unstoppable.

I did run a mile after school on the track earlier though, and ended up getting the rather disappointing time of 7 minutes 20 seconds. In my defense, I hadn't had a breakfast and it was pretty hot, but I think I'm just used to running at night. I always have tons more energy at night, and the air not burning your lungs as it enters and leaves is always a plus. Maybe I'll try the track again at night sometime to see if I get a different score.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Just droppin' by to send you an inspiring photo!
http://9gag.com/gag/4969070?ref=fb.s (just click on the link...I can't show the image for some reason.)
Reminded me of Emi so much lol.

Anyways, since I'm not running anymore, (i'll run when I can, but the storm and the schedule just ain't getting good for me.)
I don't feel like posting here coz you guys work so much harder than I do now. (just a random rant from me.)

Soooo with that said, Keep doing your best to be your Emiest! See ya.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Akros

Post by Akros »

soooo....
too damn hot today in Spain, so I just managed to do a 26 min run, anyway I was able to do a 5 km run but I ended up soaked in my own sweat.
seems like running in august is not a good idea, not even when is 22h XP
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
DownRUpLYBStart

Post by DownRUpLYBStart »

Walrusfella wrote:
Unfortunately, there is a temptress more powerful than pouting Emi, and it is Persona 4 Arena...

It is that, and also the fact it is 100 degrees on average here... for the last month.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Starting gym tomorrow
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

Ran up to the North End pier and back, which turned out to be about 2.25 miles. Didn't have a stopwatch with me, so I didn't think I'd go far, but the entire thing was much easier than any other attempt so far, which I attribute to actually eating + drinking properly throughout the day. Overall, it's really, really nice to pass the two-mile mark after over two months, a two-week ankle injury, more than one week of laziness and several failed plans made. This is normally where I'd move on to what would be Week 6, but I think I'm good enough to just keep adding distance from here on out, since I was doing Week 5 style runs for quite some time.

Pretty happy nonetheless!
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Pseudogenesis wrote:I didn't run. D: But I'm afraid that Emi picture will be ineffective. I am immune. My procrastination is unstoppable.

I did run a mile after school on the track earlier though, and ended up getting the rather disappointing time of 7 minutes 20 seconds. In my defense, I hadn't had a breakfast and it was pretty hot, but I think I'm just used to running at night. I always have tons more energy at night, and the air not burning your lungs as it enters and leaves is always a plus. Maybe I'll try the track again at night sometime to see if I get a different score.
Well, at least you ran some; you've avoided puppy-dog eyes for now. :) I also like running at sunset or at night. Fewer people around the track and it's much cooler.

Procrastination is the enemy, and must be scourged with extreme prejudice. Believe it or not, I've never been very disciplined about exercise, nor do I have an athlete's mindset. The way I've succeeded is never missing a run for anything other than injury. If I miss one, it will be much easier to miss another and so on - I have to make them inevitable. It was particularly important early on, before I started seeing results. That's just what worked for me.
ZXRN wrote:Just droppin' by to send you an inspiring photo!
http://9gag.com/gag/4969070?ref=fb.s (just click on the link...I can't show the image for some reason.)
Reminded me of Emi so much lol.

Anyways, since I'm not running anymore, (i'll run when I can, but the storm and the schedule just ain't getting good for me.)
I don't feel like posting here coz you guys work so much harder than I do now. (just a random rant from me.)

Soooo with that said, Keep doing your best to be your Emiest! See ya.
Aww, don't go! You're working hard; I see on the other place that you are manfully pushing up. You can't control the heavens, and sometimes important life things get in the way - nothing to feel bad about.

Thanks for posting that photo; so very awesome.
DownRUpLYBStart wrote:Unfortunately, there is a temptress more powerful than pouting Emi, and it is Persona 4 Arena...It is that, and also the fact it is 100 degrees on average here... for the last month.
At least that's a good game. I hate the heat as well; that's the main reason I run at dusk or night.

Good job BionicKraken! Nice comeback. North End Pier looks nice, at least on the streetview.
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

Er, you made sure to creep the correct town, right? I don't remember telling you which beach I live on. :U
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

BionicKraken wrote:Er, you made sure to creep the correct town, right? I don't remember telling you which beach I live on. :U
Sincerest apologies for attempted google creepin' - I had you momentarily confused for somebody else. It was undoubtedly the wrong beach, though a nice one with a north pier. I always get curious about places far removed from where I live, that's all.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I have no idea what are the names of the exercises I did so I can't properly update Fitocracy :lol: