Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pseudogenesis

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Pseudogenesis »

LOL WUT wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:I've got a question for the running club: Do any of you exercise late at night? I've been told repeatedly that exercise right before bed keeps you up, but I've set the 11-12 pm hour aside for jogging and every time I'm done I fall asleep instantly. It seems like the perfect way to end the day. Anybody else?
I have insomnia most nights, so when I cant sleep I just run for a long time, and I am able to go back to sleep.

There you go. I sleep faster and better than I ever have before when I run, so I'm gonna go ahead and disregard whatever people say to the contrary. Incidentally, how long/far do you typically run? I'm wondering if I should run before, even though usually I'm fairly exhausted by the end of my run.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

Pseudogenesis wrote: There you go. I sleep faster and better than I ever have before when I run, so I'm gonna go ahead and disregard whatever people say to the contrary. Incidentally, how long/far do you typically run? I'm wondering if I should run before, even though usually I'm fairly exhausted by the end of my run.
Most of the time I do a light run around the neighborhood for about 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Other times I sprint around the neighborhood for 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

LOL WUT wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote: There you go. I sleep faster and better than I ever have before when I run, so I'm gonna go ahead and disregard whatever people say to the contrary. Incidentally, how long/far do you typically run? I'm wondering if I should run before, even though usually I'm fairly exhausted by the end of my run.
Most of the time I do a light run around the neighborhood for about 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Other times I sprint around the neighborhood for 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

Damn nice. I feel like I could run longer if I slowed down a bit, but I've really been pushing myself lately, so I'm fine with how I'm doing. I can't wait to run a timed mile after all this practice. If I can run 4 miles in 32 minutes (8 min average) when before I only ran one mile in 8 minutes, then imagine how fast I could run a mile now. :D 6 minute mile, here I come!
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I used to run late at night just before bed no problem, although I'd get changed, brush teeth etc when I got in, so I'd only get into bed like 20-30 mins after returning home, which was enough time for my body to settle down a bit and go to sleep fine.

I am so dumb >.<

Got in exhausted yesterday, and didn't eat propely and went to bed too tired so didn't sleep well.

Got up this morning and was like "Hey, I didn't do my run yesterday, let's do it now, with only a small breakfast beforehand"

So frickin tired and worn out. Not good. Completed it though. Remind me not to be so frickin' dumb next time.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Althamus wrote:Remind me not to be so frickin' dumb next time.
Hey, don't be so frieakin dumb next time.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Sk3tch wrote:
Althamus wrote:Remind me not to be so frickin' dumb next time.
Hey, don't be so frieakin dumb next time.
Good work.

andros414

Post by andros414 »

Well walking/running is on hold for a while. Managed to re-twist my ankle a few nights ago by trying to walk a couple miles in the dark. Should've had a light or something, because I missed a hole in the side of the road. :? At least I managed to find out I could currently walk a little more than 1 mile in a 23 minutes. ^^;

I thought I was doing well with the 100 pushup challenge, too, until I was linked to a video about "proper" pushup form by a guy in an mmo I play (They claimed to be a certified personal trainer, which I don't blindly believe, but it wouldn't surprise me if true). I checked out the video and few others on youtube, and they seem to say the same thing, so it must not be pure hot air. Needless to say, when I changed how I did my pushups, I noticed I couldn't do as many as I could before. I'm taking this as "I was doing something wrong," though it could just be me. >.>

Same guy that linked me the video suggested that I do "chair dips," "inverted rows," and "free standing squats." Squats haven't really hit me yet, as I find them kind of easy to do, but the dips are killing me. Oddly enough, there isn't a table in my house that I can use for the inverted rows (they are either very large tables or small ones, nothing in-between), so I'm going to try to find an alternative to that exercise.

Speaking of alternatives, I'm thinking of finding another exercise that's considered "cardio" to replace running. I'm not giving up on the c25k, and I'll still be walking, but I at least need better shoes to run in (I was using some low ankle work boots, the kind that look like regular sneakers, but have steel toes and a "slip resistant" tread), and it may be a few weeks before I can get them (the family is currently getting ready to move, so that's sucking away some funds). I may use jumping jacks for this.

Here's the videos I was given:
Pushups: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8EVUZf2y0Y This explains how to do a "good" pushup, with several examples of how to do "bad" pushups.
Inverted Rows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy5aS8Xw8Lc This is just a video of a guy doing the inverted rows, nothing is explained.
Squats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOit1Rfov7I Couple odd angles, but still a good basic explanation.
Chair Dips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjcgfu44sI Shows a basic chair dip and an "advanced" version.
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
ook

Post by ook »

Instead of inverted rows you can do dumbell rows (You can use anything heavy like a backpack or a jug filled with water or something, if you don't have dumbells) or try to find a park with some low bars

Other alternatives to running could be biking or jumping rope
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Swimming might be a nice one - still a lot of exercise but no weight on your foot at all.

Also, I've been a bit more pensive lately and listened to the KS soundtrack again and started EC25K... I need to go back and replay the game again.

On the back foot of that though, this weekend I'm away basically running around all weekend and abusing my body, and with my physique and endurance, it'll be really taxing, so I'm putting EC25K on hold for a week to basically let my body store energy so that I can keep going this weekend (yes, my body srsly does work like that, I know it sounds crazy but it does :P).
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)

100 pushup challenge
completesky

Post by completesky »

Althamus wrote:I need to go back and replay the game again.
I was thinking about doing this, but I was worried that the feels wouldn't be as strong the se cond time around.

Has anyone finished EC210K yet?
Emi's Couch to 5K - Done
Emi's Couch to 10K - Done
100 Push-Up Challenge - Pending
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

For me, they'll be just as strong as a) I'll know what will be about to come, so will be getting dem feels in anticipation and b) I'm pretty good at re-reading/watching stuff, I don't tend to mind it even if I know what will be about to happen.

I don't recall anyone actually finishing EB210K, although I've seen a few people start it. However, to finish EB210K probably requires hanging around this topic for about 5 months, which is more than the average person here, so I'm not massively surprised. Esp since KS only came out like 7 months ago (woah...).

100 pushup challenge
Bluecoolman

Post by Bluecoolman »

I'm starting to think about doing this, It could be fun. Huh.
Has anybody else been inspired to do this from Emi's route?
Game Completion: 59%
Completed: Lilly Hanako Emi
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Bluecoolman wrote:I'm starting to think about doing this, It could be fun. Huh.
Has anybody else been inspired to do this from Emi's route?
As this is the EMI INSPIRED running/workout thread, I would say with a high degree of certainty that we have all been inspired by Emi to start working out and running :D
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Perfect.

theartificial

Post by theartificial »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Image

Perfect.
Looks like she doesn't.
Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Rin, Suzu, Rika, Saki, Aiko.
---------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (KSF)---------------
--------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (HBHC)--------------
I take requests for Userbars like mine, PM me if your interested.