Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ook

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by ook »

yeah, luckily it was a relatively nice day compared to the ones leading up to it. It was cloudy for about half the run, and there was a nice breeze. Pretty much perfect how that worked out. :)

Of course Emi would've ran regardless of the weather, so I guess I had to as well. :!:
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

ook wrote:yeah, luckily it was a relatively nice day compared to the ones leading up to it. It was cloudy for about half the run, and there was a nice breeze. Pretty much perfect how that worked out. :)

Of course Emi would've ran regardless of the weather, so I guess I had to as well. :!:
She was also 4' 9" and built like a 12 year old, so it probably didn't affect her quite as badly as, oh say... someone who is six and a half feet tall with family hailing almost entirely from Germany, Scotland, and eastern Europe. I can say with a fair amount of confidence i'd handle the cold weather better than her if nothing else, but if the USDA didn't block Jay Nixon's plights my state would be considered a disaster area with our current drought.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
andros414

Post by andros414 »

ook wrote:@Andros, while I'm glad your first attempt didn't discourage you from trying again (that's the spirit :D), something's wrong if you're collapsing during your run.
It could be because of not eating enough. Try eating a light meal (like 200-300 calories or so) an hour or two before the run.
You say you drink a lot of water, so it's probably not dehydration. But I've heard that if your pee is very light yellow/almost clear, it means you're well-hydrated. So pay attention to that too.
Other than that, maybe you're just running too hard. If you can't do 1 minute of (slow) jogging yet, I'd try adding on a week or two of just walking, to get your body used to it. My "running" after doing C25k is still not much more than exaggerated fast-walking.
Good luck, and I totally know what you mean about being secretive about your running. Only reason anyone in my family found out is because a friend-of-a-friend of my brother's saw me one day about halfway through the chart. So you're not alone in that regard. :p keep it up
What's really bugging me is not that I fell (things happen), but what caused me to fall. Not eating could be the culprit. I went for my walk/run a good 45 minutes after waking up, and in that time I only had about 8oz of water (I actually went and measured my favorite glass I use for drinks. It holds 2 cups and I only drank about half the glass before I left). If this is the case, I'm going to have to take a harder look at what I eat and how often.

Going to make the following adjustments for my next attempt Wednesday:
-Run in the evening (after dark). It should be cooler than in the morning (I just looked it up and noticed it was about 85°F when I went out this morning) and I know the area fairly well.
-Lighter clothing. My usual attire is dark, heavy shirts and denim shorts, so I'm going to try and see if I can at least find some thinner shirts.
-Shorter walk before starting to run.

Hopefully by having dinner before running, I'll have more energy and be able to avoid any additional falls (Breathing may still be a problem, though).
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
Weird Badger

Post by Weird Badger »

I don't know how is the temperature where you live, here it's very hot and i can only run in the evening (until yesterday because now it's raining).
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Akros wrote: @Gravija : welcome back "emibro" . Did you have a nice time out there? Hope so :D
anyway how's everthing going? was it you the one that had to decide to either continue with his studies or start working?
Yes, that's me ;) Decided to study an extra year in a new university etc. During the last months i also started as a self-employed e-marketeer. it's starting to work (earning a nice side income with it now, at this rate i only need a part-time job when i start working next year). My 2 good friends also agreed wholeheartedly to share an apartment starting next summer. So all of my plans are coming together, all thanks to playing this VN, haha.

also did my first run in almost 3 weeks yesterday; 3k in 20 minutes. gonna add 1k per run now untill i'm back at 6k or so.

Btw, i enjoyed catching up this thread and see how everyone advanced and seeing some new faces. Keep it up everyone!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

gRaViJa wrote:@ZXRN: my inner emi was getting angry at me, i'm now getting ready for my first run in 2,5 weeks!
wahaha, I know that feel. I haven't been running for 2 weeks now coz of that shitty storm that hit the country. Now I shall finally see your track running (was it? The harder version of running?) again! Oh and nice emi pic. wahaha

@ook: nice pics dood. Felt like a winner didn't ya?

update: the usual, W4D1 Everything was going smoothly, set 5 sucked. Really wish I could go through this w/o stopping.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

ZXRN wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:@ZXRN: my inner emi was getting angry at me, i'm now getting ready for my first run in 2,5 weeks!
wahaha, I know that feel. I haven't been running for 2 weeks now coz of that shitty storm that hit the country. Now I shall finally see your track running (was it? The harder version of running?) again! Oh and nice emi pic. wahaha

update: the usual, W4D1 Everything was going smoothly, set 5 sucked. Really wish I could go through this w/o stopping.
That is a very nice Emi pic! Ok, I did week 1 day 1 of the pushups this morning before work but have forgotten how to update my signature; will try somewhere on the situps challenge later this evening after dinner has had a chance to settle properly :)

My inner Emi has been very depressed and disappointed that I haven't been joining her for ages :(
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

may be a stupid question, but is someone else getting motivated by the upcoming Olympics to run again/faster/harder/whatever? :)

@dwarduk: it is a nice picture indeed
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Akros

Post by Akros »

gRaViJa wrote:may be a stupid question, but is someone else getting motivated by the upcoming Olympics to run again/faster/harder/whatever? :)

not really, I'm more interested in boxing nowadays. In fact, I should be jumping rope on a daily basis now that I remember xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
andros414

Post by andros414 »

Kinda late posting it, but Wk1D1 of the 100 push-up challenge is done. :D

I may have inadvertently made it more difficult on myself, though. I did the actual Day 1 routine about 5 minutes after doing my "initial test." ^^;

Kinda dreading running Wednesday night, so I may turn it into a 2 mile walk instead (I know that walking from my place to a specific convenience store is 1 mile, so all I have to do is time how long it takes me to get there and back). Weather and mood will affect that decision when I get started on it, though. For now, I'm off to bed.
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

dwarduk wrote:
ZXRN wrote:

That is a very nice Emi pic! Ok, I did week 1 day 1 of the pushups this morning before work but have forgotten how to update my signature; will try somewhere on the situps challenge later this evening after dinner has had a chance to settle properly :)

My inner Emi has been very depressed and disappointed that I haven't been joining her for ages :(
wahaha, well, I'm sure your Emi is a little happier now that your trying it again. Don't let her down dood!
may be a stupid question, but is someone else getting motivated by the upcoming Olympics to run again/faster/harder/whatever?
No, not really. Never been a fan of olympics. I only watch UFC, booya.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Weird Badger

Post by Weird Badger »

gRaViJa wrote:may be a stupid question, but is someone else getting motivated by the upcoming Olympics to run again/faster/harder/whatever? :)

Of course, every 4 years it's the same story for me. But i have also extra motivations this time.
Akros

Post by Akros »

No running today, I just came from spending the day with some friends at the local pool and tonight is "League of Legends"/Diablo-Night xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

andros414 wrote:I may have inadvertently made it more difficult on myself, though. I did the actual Day 1 routine about 5 minutes after doing my "initial test." ^^;
Gratz! Although I'm impressed. When I do an endurance test, it completely knocks my arms out, and for about an hour afterwards my arms (if not body) feels like it's made of jelly, and I can't do pushups for at least a day afterwards.

Having said that, did 50 pushups a day or two ago to keep my hand in. Managed to do the first 30 with only a second or two break, although the last 10 were quite hard because of the fast first 30. I'll try again before bed tonight.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Akros wrote:No running today, I just came from spending the day with some friends at the local pool and tonight is "League of Legends"/Diablo-Night xD
I'm sure Emi would excuse running for some LoL action. I could see her being a very competitive video game player.

In other news, doing the pushup guide and boy, having some trouble. Did fine on day 1 but day 2 I collapsed, unable to finish the 4th rep. I think it was because I hadn't had lunch yet, so I was low on energy. Still disappointed though. :/
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed