Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Althamus »

100 Pushup Challenge completed :D

And within date as well (I wanted to complete it before I went away this weekend, but completed it before the end of the weekend instead. Close enough).

I was feeling really tired before I started as well, and had just eaten a big dinner. 1-50 I didn't have a problem with, but 50-75 I was doing in sets of 5, followed by a couple seconds pause for breath, and 90+ I did in single pushups, followed by a pause for breath and to ready myself for the next pushup. My arms from 98+ were SO wobbly I have no idea, but I wanted to follow Walrusfella's suggestion and do one extra for Emi :D

Keep going guys, the sky is seriously the limit. If I can do this, you can do your challenges :D

Now... what's my next challenge...
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

congrats on that mate, you did a wonderful job on that push-up challenge of yours...(I actually think i'm going for it as well, since my weight lifting time is now gone.) Now I have another new challenge and rival!

How did you get used to that? I mean after 20 push-ups, I have to rest for a min. to get to another 10 coz my arms are getting...well, weak. Anyways, good job Althamus and keep going.

Good news is, my work hours are not as horrible as I thought so jogging is still definitely gonna keep on going. yey me.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Althamus wrote:100 Pushup Challenge completed :D
Congratulations, you herculean badass! Good on you for doing that extra one. :D
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Completed week 5!!

Well, not exactly per-se. Rested for about three minutes following Week 6's setting of '10-3-10' but added an extra 1 minute on the second '10' minute. Maybe I cheated for that 21 minute run, but nonetheless I'll accomplish that soon...

Starting Week 6, now.
ZXRN wrote:you can try making some kinda breathing pattern. When you start to focus on that, you'll get less tired coz yer thinkin of something else. (Never ever think your tired...coz that part kinda screwed me up last time.) It worked for me so i'm just sayin' wahaha
and yeah, that really-really helps. I start focusing on the song I'm listening and everything just went by.

and congrats to you for completing the push-up challenge mate!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Walrusfella wrote:Good on you for doing that extra one. :D
*shakes fist* It was WAY harder than the first 50 :P
How did you get used to that? I mean after 20 push-ups, I have to rest for a min. to get to another 10 coz my arms are getting...well, weak.
It really builds up without you noticing. I started off with 30 as my absolute endurance limit (which left my arms hurting for about 3 days), but doing 20 at a time was still do-able, so I did 20, then rested for a little then did another 20 or whatever it suggested.
A big thing with me was that it suggested leaving 45 seconds or something between each set. I actually left roughly 2-4x the amount of time between sets that it suggested, and that made things a LOT easier (I was worried that I wouldn't get the 100 because of that actually, but managed it fine in the end).

Oh, also eat protein :P
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)

100 pushup challenge
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

I completely forgot that today is Monday, so I'm allowed to start back on the workout today! :lol: So easy to lose the routine, but at least I still want to do it! I also decided to go back onto pressups as well.

Althamus: great job! I'm going to manage that too in a few weeks. My aim is before I get my A-level results (16th August, I think...).

Megumeru: well done. Wonder if I'll ever get to that level of fitness
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Althamus wrote:
Walrusfella wrote:Good on you for doing that extra one. :D
*shakes fist* It was WAY harder than the first 50 :P
How did you get used to that? I mean after 20 push-ups, I have to rest for a min. to get to another 10 coz my arms are getting...well, weak.
It really builds up without you noticing. I started off with 30 as my absolute endurance limit (which left my arms hurting for about 3 days), but doing 20 at a time was still do-able, so I did 20, then rested for a little then did another 20 or whatever it suggested.
A big thing with me was that it suggested leaving 45 seconds or something between each set. I actually left roughly 2-4x the amount of time between sets that it suggested, and that made things a LOT easier (I was worried that I wouldn't get the 100 because of that actually, but managed it fine in the end).

Oh, also eat protein :P
So all I gotta do is push myself to my limit, then rest for 45 sec. then keep doing 20's. Sounds doable enough to me. I shall start tomorrow then! (Though I think i'll go with 15 and lift off from there.) thanks for them tips mate.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

ZXRN wrote:So all I gotta do is push myself to my limit, then rest for 45 sec. then keep doing 20's. Sounds doable enough to me. I shall start tomorrow then! (Though I think i'll go with 15 and lift off from there.) thanks for them tips mate.
Wait, what?

I meant that what you should do is push yourself to your limit to see what it is. Then on another day, do several sets of pushups based on a number slightly behind that limit, which means that in total you'll be able to do more over a session than if you just pushed yourself to your limit.

If you push yourself to your limit IMHO you shouldn't be able to do any more for that day, because your [body part] will be absolutely shot.

I followed a Hundred Pushups website: http://hundredpushups.com/
Which I found to be really helpful and comprehensive. I'd advise following that, as it knows what it's talking about far more than me :P

100 pushup challenge
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

I decided that I should do the 100 pushup challenge as well. However, while the stuff at 100 pushups is nice it is not Emi themed so it is less motivating. Anyone want to try and make an infograph similar to the one we have for running? I would but I wouldn't know how to go about doing it.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Sk3tch wrote:I decided that I should do the 100 pushup challenge as well. However, while the stuff at 100 pushups is nice it is not Emi themed so it is less motivating. Anyone want to try and make an infograph similar to the one we have for running? I would but I wouldn't know how to go about doing it.
I vote for a push-ups guide presented by Rin.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Sk3tch wrote:I decided that I should do the 100 pushup challenge as well. However, while the stuff at 100 pushups is nice it is not Emi themed so it is less motivating. Anyone want to try and make an infograph similar to the one we have for running? I would but I wouldn't know how to go about doing it.
I might have a go this evening (or tomorrow :$), I've been meaning to get around to doing some photoshopping anyhow.

100 pushup challenge
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Gandara wrote:
I vote for a push-ups guide presented by Rin.
Absolutely.

We also need:
Shicchan's daily singsong challenge.
Draw with Lily - fotorealistic style.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Since ive gotten fat from college, ima try to start running this week

+1 to KS induced excercise
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Althamus wrote:
ZXRN wrote:So all I gotta do is push myself to my limit, then rest for 45 sec. then keep doing 20's. Sounds doable enough to me. I shall start tomorrow then! (Though I think i'll go with 15 and lift off from there.) thanks for them tips mate.
Wait, what?

I meant that what you should do is push yourself to your limit to see what it is. Then on another day, do several sets of pushups based on a number slightly behind that limit, which means that in total you'll be able to do more over a session than if you just pushed yourself to your limit.

If you push yourself to your limit IMHO you shouldn't be able to do any more for that day, because your [body part] will be absolutely shot.

I followed a Hundred Pushups website: http://hundredpushups.com/
Which I found to be really helpful and comprehensive. I'd advise following that, as it knows what it's talking about far more than me :P
ohohoho, awesome stuff dood. I finally get what your saying and this site is awesome mate, it's got tutorials and stuff. Thanks for the tips.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

yummines wrote:Since ive gotten fat from college, ima try to start running this week

+1 to KS induced excercise
Yay, another runner! You'll love it. Eventually. :)

Let us know how your first day goes!
Althamus wrote:I might have a go this evening (or tomorrow :$), I've been meaning to get around to doing some photoshopping anyhow.
Cool, I'd love that. I'm going to restart the push up programme tomorrow now that my form is sorted out. Your resounding success is pretty inspiring. :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!