Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Althamus »

The topic seems to be strange... sometimes I go away for 2 days and find 20-30 posts, other times (like now) there's been... one... since my last update.

But W6D2 today, still going strong.
22/22/30/30/24/24/18/18/57+ translated into 22/22/30/30/24/24/18/18/60
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Haha, I'm too busy playing Skyward Sword or trying to set up my triple boot machine to spam here much. Nice to know you miss me ;). I really should try to get back on track with the push ups, but my core muscles were killing me with the situps routine and I couldn't even hold a straight body shape to push up :lol:. Glad to see you're doing so well!
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Akros

Post by Akros »

ok, so just one more exam left, and since I've already got the time I hope to get done with W8 by friday, and with the whole program next week
Keep it up everyone!!!
BTW ZXRN I'm still waiting for you, so hurry up already, it's getting boring all alone here xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I've done it! I've reached the end of Couch to 5k with Emi. After a couple of injury days I ran 5k in 30 minutes this evening, week 9 day 3. As an added bonus, I've lost 20 pounds in those 9 weeks. This has been such a positive change.

I wouldn't have done it without Emi's story, and I couldn't have done it without the support of the people on this thread. Thank you so much.

I had a little patch done up for my jacket to mark successful completion, and as a visible reminder to keep running. I figured I'd show it off to you guys; I doubt anybody in the realspace will recognise where it's from. :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Awesome news, Walrusfella! I look forward to the day when I can see the view from where you're standing, so to speak. Congratulations! You are a righteous dude.

The patch is pretty sweet, too!
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Congratulations Walrus!

(Insert obligatory "Shut up and take my money" Meme here)

But, really, in all reality how can i get one of those? Did you use an online site or what?
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:ok, so just one more exam left, and since I've already got the time I hope to get done with W8 by friday, and with the whole program next week
Keep it up everyone!!!
BTW ZXRN I'm still waiting for you, so hurry up already, it's getting boring all alone here xD
Dang, You go ahead mate. I've improved a little but I can only go 4.5 km in 28 min. You however, is 1 km farther away from me in 28 min. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna give up oooooh no my friend, far from it. :mrgreen: . wahahaha

update: my W5D2 run wasn't as bad as I thought. It was quite refreshing actually. (since I did skip monday.) Of course, It did have a 5 min. break in the middle so we'll see how it goes on day3! I'll do my best to be my emiest. (hmm, that would actually make a nice sig for me.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Walrus congrats on completing!

FINALLY completed W5D2. Isn't as tiring as I thought it was anymore, instead felt a little 'fresh' after the run. It's on now, IT'S ON!! Let's see how I'll run on W5D3 :twisted:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Akros

Post by Akros »

ZXRN wrote:
Akros wrote:ok, so just one more exam left, and since I've already got the time I hope to get done with W8 by friday, and with the whole program next week
Keep it up everyone!!!
Dang, You go ahead mate. I've improved a little but I can only go 4.5 km in 28 min. You however, is 1 km farther away from me in 28 min. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna give up oooooh no my friend, far from it. :mrgreen: . wahahaha

update: my W5D2 run wasn't as bad as I thought. It was quite refreshing actually. (since I did skip monday.) Of course, It did have a 5 min. break in the middle so we'll see how it goes on day3! I'll do my best to be my emiest. (hmm, that would actually make a nice sig for me.)
I ain't done yet either :mrgreen: I'm expecting to be able to do a 7km run in 30 min, and that's like 4.3 min/km so, there's still a long way to go for me.
So anyway, let's give it our all and check our progress after the summer !!! xD
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Walrusfella wrote:I've done it!

Is it just me, or are less people tracking on Fitocracy? I haven't seen many activity posts in the past couple weeks... =/
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Akros

Post by Akros »

Gandara wrote:
Walrusfella wrote:I've done it!

Is it just me, or are less people tracking on Fitocracy? I haven't seen many activity posts in the past couple weeks... =/
I'm not done with exams yet and Spain is playing Portugal right now, so ....
... I'll do something tomorrow, W8D2 to be exact :mrgreen:

BTW Walrus, congrats on getting done! That patch sure looks nice :D
Last edited by Akros on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Gandara wrote:Is it just me, or are less people tracking on Fitocracy? I haven't seen many activity posts in the past couple weeks... =/
Fitocracy has half-gone down. The latest post I see on my wall is ZXRN's post on about the 15th, and I'm DARNED sure someone's posted since then (me twice, if nothing else).

And congratz Walrus :D That's dead awesome ^_^

Also, the patch looks pretty win :D Let us into the secret of how to make one, and I'll fail to persuade myself I can't afford one :$

Also, @dwarduk, make sure you're completely rested before trying again with pushups, as in, leave 2-5 days since you last worked out, depending on just how hard you destroyed yourself xP Nothing worse than trying to do exercises on broken muscles, both for you and for your muscles.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I posted just now and about a week ago too. I haven't been able to run and and do push-up 3 times a week recently, but I'm still doing my best to do as much as possible.

@Walrusfella: I'm proud of you man! :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I'm excited. Running is fun, and I completed my second day.
Anyway, hopefully doesn't get too hard near the end ;_;
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Thanks guys. :D

Mysterycycle, the view from the bottom of the chart is pretty nice. I hope your knee heals up soon; take care of yourself.

Gandara, I've been having trouble with Fitocracy too - I sometimes can't see what people have been tracking. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Althamus, you're going to feel justifiably awesome when you crack out that hundredth push-up. If you can, do an extra one for Emi. :)

Eclipse, way to go! The nice thing about this programme is that it tightens the screws very evenly. Each week does a good job preparing you for the next one.

Althamus and Sk3tch: Sadly, the patch is a one-off. It was embroidered, rather expensively, to my specification (that said, totally worth it to me). I probably shouldn't mention what company I used. I don't want to go anyplace near violating 4LS's licence; I respect them too much for that.

I suppose I could post the art they used to make it, if anybody wants that. I thought it was pretty groovy:

Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!