Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Gandara

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Gandara »

DrNonookee wrote:What about Arby's?
http://www.arbys.com/food/build-a-meal-calculator.html

Nutrition facts calculator. By this information, a plain Arby's roast beef has about 350 calories, 12g fat and 950mg (!!) sodium. Just to put that in perspective:

"The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend limiting sodium to less than 2,300 mg a day — or 1,500 mg if you're age 51 or older, or if you are black, or if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or chronic kidney disease." - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sodium/NU00284

So, in other words, the calories on a roast beef aren't -terrible-, but the salt content is pretty dang high. Also, do you eat more than one roast beef sandwich? Cause I sure can. Them calories add up quick.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I should add this.

Who likes Nutella? Stupid question, everybody loves Nutella right? Even Hanako would scream 'GIMME THE CHOCOLATE HISAO' if she happen to see him carrying one after grocery shopping.
Now, calorie wise though...

drop it. Either drop it entirely (sucks) or reduce its intake exponentially. That thing is so good its criminal, and when it is described as so you know that it contains more calories than your body has room for.

Anyway, still stuck on week 5. I can't run 21 minutes straight, can't run with 8-5-8, so I'm sticking my gun with 5-3-5-3-5 until my legs and my lungs know who is their master :evil:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Megumeru wrote:I should add this.

Who likes Nutella? Stupid question, everybody loves Nutella right? Even Hanako would scream 'GIMME THE CHOCOLATE HISAO' if she happen to see him carrying one after grocery shopping.
Now, calorie wise though...

drop it. Either drop it entirely (sucks) or reduce its intake exponentially. That thing is so good its criminal, and when it is described as so you know that it contains more calories than your body has room for.

Anyway, still stuck on week 5. I can't run 21 minutes straight, can't run with 8-5-8, so I'm sticking my gun with 5-3-5-3-5 until my legs and my lungs know who is their master :evil:
Looks like we're havin' the same problem bub. I'm sure we'll get to it soon enough.

A good friend of mine once told me you can eat all the junk you want as long as you burn it off. So I guess you can have all the nutella you want dood. :D
Though I kinda do weights as well so I guess I kinda burn more...or so he says.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Akros

Post by Akros »

Megumeru, I HATE Nutella from the bottom of my heart, I love chocolate, but Nutella is just wrong ....
Anyway back to exams, I just had to disagree with you there xP
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Had a difficult run today, it was warm and very humid so i was out if breathe faster and sweat like a pig lol
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Signature sorted :D. Well, nearly... I'd like to use "Playtime" as the font for all the text, but I installed it wrong, somehow... So only the dynamic text is the font I want... but meh.

Aanyway, more on topic: the sit-ups were absolutely killer this morning. Hayfever combined with a humid, muggy day to make me feel horrendous. Oh well, at least I managed it (just)...

As my pushups are so far behind the situps, I decided I'd try to run them concurrently: do the day's pushups workout, then the situps. Hope it will work out...
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Exams are over, summer is starting.
Time to start this workout! :3.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
zanger

Post by zanger »

After putting it off for a month, I've decided to get off my lazy ass and start running again.

And holy crap, I didn't know it was possible to get cramps all around my abdomen from front to side to back.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Did you drink a lot before running?
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
zanger

Post by zanger »

Not really. I think it was mostly just a result of me being a fat lazy ass for the last three years of my life.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

ARGH >.<

In the space of a week, I've applied for a job and been accepted for it. I start next Monday, as well as still working at my previous job up until the end of this week. In addition, I need to sort out some paperwork, so need to go back to see my folks this weekend to get that sorted. In addition, ever since last Thursday I've been feeling massively stressed out and energyless and tired as all hell. I got back after work today with some shopping, put the shopping on the kitchen counter, made myself a drink and then fell asleep at the table for 10 minutes until my housemate came home and asked me if I'd be more comfortable in bed.
IN ADDITION, my (very) part-time job has suddenly become a bit more time-intensive at the moment, and any time I can wrest from any of the above is probably spent on that.

Exercise? Pff. I reckon I'm doing pretty well just not falling asleep on my feet.

Maybe next week.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Akros

Post by Akros »

Yesterday I had some free time so I went out and did W8D1. It wasn't more tiring than the usual but my rhythm is going down due to exams. I hate it T-T
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:Yesterday I had some free time so I went out and did W8D1. It wasn't more tiring than the usual but my rhythm is going down due to exams. I hate it T-T
In my opinion, I think your doing a pretty darn good job. I don't think I'd be able to run at all if I was as busy as you are specially with the exams still rolling. (you work hard dood, might wanna take a rest? wahaha)

anywhore, I'm glad to finally manage to go back to running again. I did fairly well on this one and didn't get as tired as I thought I would so I guess I'm kicking week 5 in the butt tomorrow.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

My mum's suggesting I hit the gym. I'm not sure - I'm really embarrassed by the lack of strength in my arms - but I'll keep an open mind. What do you guys think?
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

dwarduk wrote:My mum's suggesting I hit the gym. I'm not sure - I'm really embarrassed by the lack of strength in my arms - but I'll keep an open mind. What do you guys think?

why not? Go for it. Life's short, make use of the time you have before you can't lift those weights anymore
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story