Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

gRaViJa

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by gRaViJa »

Akros wrote:just got back from W4D3, again thanks for the mix, it really help :D
Today it wasn't so hot so everything went alright.

@gravija: Fitocracy?
A websiet that combines sporting schedules with rpg elements like leveling, achievements and duels. it's really fun and there's a KS group, many of the people here are part of the KS group as well: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/5171/
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Akros

Post by Akros »

gRaViJa wrote:
Akros wrote:just got back from W4D3, again thanks for the mix, it really help :D

A websiet that combines sporting schedules with rpg elements like leveling, achievements and duels. it's really fun and there's a KS group, many of the people here are part of the KS group as well: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/5171/
I'll check it out then
EDIT: Already joined, seems legit everybody else should also join, it lets you keep track of everything you do with detail
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
DownRUpLYBStart

Post by DownRUpLYBStart »

My job is very travel heavy. At times my lunch hours are random; it depends when I can get a break to eat and usually it is something fast. I know that skipping lunch means you may over-eat in your other meals, so I don't think my diet is helping me. I try and run, though I admit there are times when I rather sleep in; especially when caught up in different time zones (just this month I've got from PST MST Central). I think running can make a big difference in my outlook and energy but man I don't know how you guys can do it. I give major props to that.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

I think I have discovered that the only time I get sore are the days I do not work out. That and the leg muscles used for riding a bike versus running are significantly different. Enough so that switching to a bike was HARD after all these months of not getting on one even once.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Megumeru wrote:
ZXRN wrote:anyone of you guys felt like running a little too slow and kinda easily tired all of a sudden? First time it happened to me. And I hated it. How am I suppose to get ready for week 3 if I can't go any faster? :( (dafuq is wrong with you body!)
One of the reason why I use the treadmill--keep the pace up.

But maybe it's because you lack some sleep/rest, not enough water, or you skipped on warming up. Maybe, I'm no expert in this stuff
Prolly the stretching and lack of sleep. I really hate stretching so I just walk for warm up. Starting week 3 tomorrow so I hope i'd do better this time. Wish me luck XD

@Gravija: I hope so, I'd hate to feel like this again. Ha! If wimpy Hisao can do it, then so can I!

edit:
Another question! (I know this is kind of a noob question but) How do you know the distance you guys you ran?
next is: Do you maintain a certain speed in jogging or anything goes?
Last edited by ZXRN on Sun May 20, 2012 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:

I'll check it out then
EDIT: Already joined, seems legit everybody else should also join, it lets you keep track of everything you do with detail
too bad I can't join...it keeps saying no data received for some reason.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Akros

Post by Akros »

ZXRN wrote:
Akros wrote:
gRaViJa wrote: A websiet that combines sporting schedules with rpg elements like leveling, achievements and duels. it's really fun and there's a KS group, many of the people here are part of the KS group as well: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/5171/
I'll check it out then
too bad I can't join...it keeps saying no data received for some reason.
that's weird, when does it exactly say that?
jmeks

Post by jmeks »

There's 65+ pages so this has probably been mentioned, but how do you guys go through with this without someone like Emi to help push you haha

I find myself wanting to do this, but thinking about having to do it alone as opposed to with a partner (let alone a cute girl like Emi) seems impossible. Even Hisao says in the story he most likely wouldn't have done any of that if not for her.

What are some of your inspirations guys?
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

jmeks wrote:There's 65+ pages so this has probably been mentioned, but how do you guys go through with this without someone like Emi to help push you haha

I find myself wanting to do this, but thinking about having to do it alone as opposed to with a partner (let alone a cute girl like Emi) seems impossible. Even Hisao says in the story he most likely wouldn't have done any of that if not for her.

What are some of your inspirations guys?
Just start running and after a while you'll feel motivated enough to keep running. This thread and the Fitocracy group is an inspiration as well. If you have a certain goal, like competing in a 5k running competition, that will help too.

I have a friend running with me once in a while, but i would keep running just the same if she would stop.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

I tend to agree with gRaViJa. I've only just finished the first week of the Couch to 5K with Emi program, so I'm not sure how it's going to be once I get further along, but for now I'm still kind of riding the KS high and it's easy for me to imagine Emi there with me as I run, encouraging me to keep going. It sounds a little silly, but it works for me right now. Also, the thought of all the others in this thread and on Fitocracy gives me an "audience" that I think of whenever I consider giving up. Having said that, I'm by nature an introvert, so I often prefer being alone.

There's also the fact that I just feel better in general. Like Hisao says in Emi's path, getting out and running makes me feel like I've done one worthwhile thing with my day, even if I don't get anything else accomplished. Since changing my eating habits and getting out to run, I've already lost some weight, and I notice that I just feel healthier. After lugging around so much flab for so long, knowing that keeping this up is going to improve my appearance and how comfortable I feel in my body is also a good motivator to get out there every other morning.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

ZXRN wrote:too bad I can't join...it keeps saying no data received for some reason.

Another question! (I know this is kind of a noob question but) How do you know the distance you guys you ran?
I had that as well. Find Fitocracy through Google, and join it that way, then manually search for a KS group (or search on my username to find it, my username there is the same as here).
Persevere! I found Fitocracy as a monumental help towards keeping me motivated (nothing like watching achievements and experience pile up to help keep you focused :P).

Find the distance via googlemaps :P
how do you guys go through with this without someone like Emi to help push you haha

I find myself wanting to do this, but thinking about having to do it alone as opposed to with a partner
For me, it's the people on this thread. It's not the same as having someone running beside me, but being able to tell people who're interested and will listen about how your run went, any (mis)adventures you had, or what really helps me to keep motivated. Fitocracy does as well.

That'll keep you going until one day, you'll wake up and realise that you feel more fit and better for doing the exercise, and realise you actually want to keep going. Thesedays, I actually look forward to my 100PU days (lulwhut?), and feel bad if I don't let myself exercise on those days for whatever reason.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

The 'high' after the run is enough for me. The game and friends are both a nice push, though.
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.
Babli

Post by Babli »

Another week, another mixes. Since I use all of them only once, I hope that others find them useful too.

Week 5 Day 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?lblqqymy2y23n1y

5 min run - Rocky Theme Song
3 min walk - Standing Tall (Emi´s theme)
5 min run - Gimme Gimme Gimme by ABBA (surprisingly good song for running)
3 min walk - Oh My Darlin´ by The Bawdies
5 min run - Rusty Nail by X Japan

Week 5 Day 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?ktba3dxo7kxeeb0

8 min run - Locked Within The Crystal Ball‏ by Blackmore's Night
5 min walk - Witcher TV series Main Theme
8 min run - Dahlia by X Japan

I am still undecided if I should make mix for day 3, since its just running, no walking.
Akros

Post by Akros »

thanks again, you are saving me up quite a lot of time with these :D
anyway I feel like I should make one too, I'll do that tomorrow before going for the run
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Babli wrote:Another week, another mixes. Since I use all of them only once, I hope that others find them useful too.
I am still undecided if I should make mix for day 3, since its just running, no walking.
Just take Moonsorrow's Jotunheim, it's about 21 minutes long and i find that song SO empowering.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge