Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mysterycycle

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by mysterycycle »

Awesome - thanks! It's also fun to see what the other Emibros are listening to when they run. I might get some inspiration.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

mysterycycle wrote:Emibros
Oh, well...
At least we're not calling ourself Emos. Up till now.
Akros

Post by Akros »

Babli wrote:Second day of Week 4, second music mix. I really enjoy putting these mixes together for some strange reason :roll: Anyway, here you go, if you want to try it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vxt4rcjwtolycap

Here´s the tracklist:
3 min run - Chariots of Fire by Vangelis a.k.a. Ultimate running song
1 and half min walk - Well, wont spoil this one :lol:
5 min run - Emiya (Fate Stay Night) Rock version
2 and half min walk - Belleville by Django Reinhardt
3 min run - Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone
1 and half min walk - Intro music from Witcher 2
5 min run - Lift by Poets of the Fall
wow, having a mix with the proprer times it's great! thanks for doing these ones, since I'm right now at the same point as you with the program
I'll try to do something for week 5. BTW, what are you using to doing this?
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Babli

Post by Babli »

Akros wrote: wow, having a mix with the proprer times it's great! thanks for doing these ones, since I'm right now at the same point as you with the program
I'll try to do something for week 5. BTW, what are you using to doing this?
Thanks. I use Easy MP3 Joiner to joining mp3 files together (obviously :D ) and mpTrim to cutting off some seconds from songs if neccessary to fit timing.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Babli wrote:I use Easy MP3 Joiner to joining mp3 files together (obviously :D ) and mpTrim to cutting off some seconds from songs if neccessary to fit timing.
Quite a butchery approach. I searched my files back and forth to find the proper ones without cutting. And some songs actively help you to go on. Like "Stairway to heaven" - it's pretty mild and soft at first, but the finale solos give me a much needed lift-up at the end.

Groan. Still hunting for the suitable player.
Babli

Post by Babli »

NoOne3 wrote:
Babli wrote:I use Easy MP3 Joiner to joining mp3 files together (obviously :D ) and mpTrim to cutting off some seconds from songs if neccessary to fit timing.
Quite a butchery approach. I searched my files back and forth to find the proper ones without cutting. And some songs actively help you to go on. Like "Stairway to heaven" - it's pretty mild and soft at first, but the finale solos give me a much needed lift-up at the end.

No, except one song, I dont cut off parts of songs. Just the long seconds of silence in the end. Sometimes, the song is long 1:35 min but last 5 seconds are just silence. So I cut it off, thats all :)
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

NoOne3 wrote:
mysterycycle wrote:Emibros
Oh, well...
At least we're not calling ourself Emos. Up till now.
:lol: What with all our talk of depression and angst on these forums, it might be appropriate were it not for our determination to make things better. Still, I'll resist the urge to dye my hair black.

Just wanted to post and say I managed to make it through Day 2. It wasn't as bad as I was afraid it was going to be - my sides didn't start hurting until the final minute of running. But it really psyched me out. I was pretty apprehensive going in, and it was only by forcing myself to concentrate on the moment, rather than thinking about what was to come or what I'd already done that I managed to get through it.

In fact, as the Emi-in-my-head said, I kicked its ass. :D
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
turbulentDuvet

Post by turbulentDuvet »

I love a good stroke, I mean going for a quick pull, I mean I'm quite partial to indoor rowing, especially sprints.

I've been trying to train for a team, but rowing for it's own sake whilst no doubt good for my fitness wasn't giving me the tenacity and vitriol to make the kind of improvements that would edge me into the competetive realm.

I played through KS, and Emis' arc was my first, and she reminded me of Aimee Mullins, who's videos I have watched on TED.com and got some serious inspiration thereafter. Some of the fanfics have also added a little to my perspective, as a lot like the majority of Yamaku students, the only evidence of what is wrong with me isn't obvious, but if I let it, it could dictate to me how my life unfolds.

I'm now shredding seconds off most of my times by the week, 2K in 7:06s, 500M in 1:28.3s are some of my better times, and I'm determined to get better.

Anyway, time for a tug, I mean stroke. . . Do these people not think of the double-entendre's(sp?) their slang lends itself too D8<
People are like chemicals, they only need to come together once and they can change eachother forever.
Akros

Post by Akros »

NoOne3 wrote:

for the 8 minute runs you can throw in there Free Bird too xD

mysterycycle, some of us don't need to dye our hair, just a comb to make it emo like xD

BTW, W4D2 done, today I didn't do any extra run or sit-ups since I was kind of tired and it was kind of late, but I tried to run as much as I could during the session, gotta get my times down, 1K in 5min is too slow, and I'm not satisfied with that, I'll try to better up the rhythm and go for something like 4 min or less. Also I just noticed that even though my tummy is still kind of there, the fat in my legs is going down, so that's one more reason to keep running.
Well, gl to you all, Emibros! ( Should we really use that? )
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Well, aren't we EmiBros then? ;)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Akros

Post by Akros »

I think I'm a more Hanabro kind of guy :wink:
hyugafan

Post by hyugafan »

Hey guys! it's been a while since I posted. I think I broke a milestone today. I just began week 5 of the 5k on monday, and I ran farther than the indicated time. after 5 minutes, I felt like I could go on, so I ended up doing the day 2 routine (8-5-8). well, I wanted to improve my time tonight, so I decided to do a slightly harder version of day 2. I ran 12-3-12. I was panting pretty heavily by the end of it, but I managed it! I'm going to go for the dreaded 21 minutes of death and manliness on friday. I feel like i've really come far from those painful first days, and my cardio is 4 times better than it was. I couldn't run 5 minutes without collapsing, and now I'm about to attempt 21 minutes without fear of failing it.

after the 5k program is done, I'm going to begin running 4-5 times a week in 30 minute increments instead of 3 times. I'll work on speed for a month or two, then I'll start the 100 push up challenge. I might very well get /fit/ enough to wear a speedo at my birthday pool party at the end of july!

thanks to all the runbros in here. I might not post often, but I'm always lurking. wish me luck on the second half!
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:
ZXRN wrote:
Pretty impressive dood. Hopefully, by week 3, I too will be able to run for 3-min. straight. And lose this tummy. (I ain't that fat, but this stomach ain't disappearing either.)

@gRaViJa: Sound like a lot of punishment . Thinkin' abt it makes me tired. Well, I'll be rootin' for ya, so I hope you can do it! :x

hahahaha, same thing here, my tummy won't just go away, even though I do sit ups after every run instead of the 100 push-up challenge, it's way easier for me xD
anyway, did W4D1 yesterday, the weather wasn't so bad, so I did a little extra running afterwards and still didn't get that tired
keeping going everyone!
Guess your body adjusted really well then. I hope my body does that too before week 5 coz that's where things get pretty challenging (i think)
I hope this weight lifting thing I do in the afternoon will do some good too. Coz my sad attempts at sit-ups were just sad (back hurts and guess I was just kinda lazy w/o proper equipment and doin it manually.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

:D Sounds like everyone is doin' really good :D

I did W5D2 take 2 yesterday in a rush - had housemates waiting for me to watch a film, so I was a lot more rushed than I usually am and didn't rest inbetween sets as much as I normally do. Consequently they were a lot harder than normal, and I skipped a few off the end because I was feelin' pretty tired.
19/19/22/22/18/18/22/45+ -> 19/19/22/22/18/18/22/35
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Akros wrote:I think I'm a more Hanabro kind of guy :wink:
Don't miss the latest shimmie then. It hit me hard.

No more running for me for now. Work this week, and my dentist adviced me to cancel my appointments next week - I'm having two teeth pulled out then.
I feel my ass getting fat already.