Book titles in game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

RakkaKaze

Book titles in game...

Post by RakkaKaze »

Why do they all have to be the few books I COULD NOT FINISH!?

Life of Pi? Was assigned in high school and I was so confused as to the sheer lunacy of the progression that I simply said screw it and figured out the gist through discussion...

The Trial? My depressing cultural crit class that was 100% holocaust based brought this one up, again highly random and hard to follow (not to mention it's not originally in English...) At least I got a lot further into this one than Pi... pascal... whatever.

I know there were a couple others but it just hits me as weird as I'm overall a pretty avid reader and the specifics fall from the internet onto my screen...
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Re: Book titles in game...

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

There was another one which was a sequel to Dune. Forgot what it was called.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:There was another one which was a sequel to Dune. Forgot what it was called.
God Emperor of Dune.
Francis

Post by Francis »

Life of Pi was absolutely wonderful and I loved it. However, I've read The Trial and it's not something I would recommend - while I enjoy Kafka's atmosphere, his style is one I just can't follow, and I fell asleep on the book too many times to remember. (It being unfinished doesn't help, either.)
gecko

Post by gecko »

For anyone interested in science, or handicapped geniuses, I can only recommend Mutou's suggestion to Hisao in Emi's route: "A brief history of time"
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
NoGoodUsernamesLeft

Post by NoGoodUsernamesLeft »

The Life of Pi is actually one of the very few English novels I've read (alongside Lord of the Flies and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas)(I'm Dutch). Now, I have to read a couple more for college, but Katawa Shoujo has completely numbed my emotions because of how powerful it was.

EDIT: forgot to mention, I really like The Life of Pi, mostly because of it's twist a the end.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Life of Pi is a pretty great example of unreliable narration which is a literary technique I've always really enjoyed.
LurkerNo.9

Post by LurkerNo.9 »

Also mentioned (somewhere in Act I) is <<The Crying of Lot 49>>. Not by name, but I don't know of too many other novels about a conspiracy of postmen that secretly rule the world.
Drake

Post by Drake »

Don't forget about "And Then There Were None," mentioned in Lilly's route, Act 3.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

There's also Auguries of Innocence by William Blake in Rin's path.
It's a poem not a book, but it still should count :P
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

Don't forget Dance Dance Dance.
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

Lilly seems to like Agatha Christie novels.
"[...] it's just a ride."

Post by Guest »

I was a bit disappointed that Hanako was never shown reading "Carrie". :?