Reactions in Other Paths?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

JustAGuy

Reactions in Other Paths?

Post by JustAGuy »

I was wondering what everyone's reactions were when they saw a girl whose path they've already finished while playing through another girl's.
I played Shizune's path right after Lilly's, and it felt totally strange when Lilly and her were arguing. Lilly's dialogue had a lot more weight to it, and since they make up in Lilly's path I felt like a time traveler.

(That would be an interesting concept in itself, a VN where the main character is aware of all the alternate paths he's been through...)
Ry74

Re: Reactions in Other Paths?

Post by Ry74 »

JustAGuy wrote:I was wondering what everyone's reactions were when they saw a girl whose path they've already finished while playing through another girl's.
I played Shizune's path right after Lilly's, and it felt totally strange when Lilly and her were arguing. Lilly's dialogue had a lot more weight to it, and since they make up in Lilly's path I felt like a time traveler.

(That would be an interesting concept in itself, a VN where the main character is aware of all the alternate paths he's been through...)
I approve of a Groundhog Day-based VN.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Having played Shizune's route I realized that when Misha is talking about something without laughing every fifth word I should pay attention.
C27

Post by C27 »

JustAGuy wrote: (That would be an interesting concept in itself, a VN where the main character is aware of all the alternate paths he's been through...)
Higurashi/Umineko -cough-
Rin Tezuka, Painter, withdraws from society...
Rin Tezuka, Painter has begun a mysterious construction!
crystal

Post by crystal »

C27 wrote:
JustAGuy wrote: (That would be an interesting concept in itself, a VN where the main character is aware of all the alternate paths he's been through...)
Higurashi/Umineko -cough-
It would be weird as hell to see a regular romance VN in that fashion.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

C27 wrote: Higurashi/Umineko -cough-

Higurashi for the win.

I recommend the anime.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

In every single route but Shizune's, I really lamented the fact that Hisao couldn't understand sign so he could understand what Shizune was actually saying. :'(

Even though Emi's path was my favorite, I really am quite attached to Shizune. sigh.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

quellsnarg wrote: Even though Emi's path was my favorite, I really am quite attached to Shizune. sigh.
Which reminds me- going through Shizune's route can put some of Misha's lines in other routes in pretty harsh perspective.

"Well, young love is just so unpredictable~"
Henohenomoheji

Post by Henohenomoheji »

Ry74 wrote:
JustAGuy wrote:I was wondering what everyone's reactions were when they saw a girl whose path they've already finished while playing through another girl's.

I approve of a Groundhog Day-based VN.
Isn't that concept in which KS players would experience every time they start a new route after the other? Still, I approve.

Going to the question, I had this guilt feeling somewhere in Act 1 when I chose Hisao to defend himself instead of asking for Shizune to cut him and Lilly some slack. A part of me wished I started with Shizune's route then Lilly's.

But the guilt soon disappeared when I started Shizune's route. Righto! Back to the VN!! :)
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
- Francis Bacon

Games I am currently playing
Daiteikoku
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!
Katawa Shoujo