Need a little help here

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ganolink

Need a little help here

Post by Ganolink »

My god, this game. This game gives me... feels. These feels that I'm getting are very... feels. Anyone else getting these feels? I haven't slept since release.
I wanna move on, y'know? But at the same time, I don't want to. Any ideas on how to cope?
Prospektor

Re: Need a little help here

Post by Prospektor »

In order to move on, you gotta destroy yourself.
Drake

Post by Drake »

First Nakige? Well just give it time, do what you normally do, stop dwelling on it and let go if you can. Eventually you'll move on, that's how it works.
Ganolink

Post by Ganolink »

Man, why couldn't this game be set in feudal japan highschool? With a rapist MC? I wouldn't have felt these feels there
Drake

Post by Drake »

Uh.. Well personally I don't think RAITA really intended this game to be a Nakige. The way he described it was more like a day to day sim, like True Love. Least to me, but eh, take what you get.

BTW, not sleeping is the worst thing you can do in this situation, trust me.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Ganolink wrote:My god, this game. This game gives me... feels. These feels that I'm getting are very... feels. Anyone else getting these feels? I haven't slept since release.
I wanna move on, y'know? But at the same time, I don't want to. Any ideas on how to cope?
When you figure it out, please tell me how. I'm desperate :)
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Lanyx

Post by Lanyx »

Ganolink wrote:My god, this game. This game gives me... feels. These feels that I'm getting are very... feels. Anyone else getting these feels? I haven't slept since release.
I know those feels, bro. =p

But seriously, I wrote my story in another thread here. I'm one of the ones that, I think, got hit really hard by this, and I'm pushing through it by trying to fix my own life. It's helping, too. Just a thought, though.. Perhaps your life doesn't need fixing and you're just a well-adjusted person who enjoyed this amazing piece of fiction. In that case I guess my suggestion wouldn't really apply.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Try to get out and go where people are, even if it's just to the coffee shop or mall or something.
You don't have to talk to anyone but just get out and get moving.

It's not a cure-all but it helps.
Bix

Post by Bix »

I got the feels pretty bad too, but I'm a sappy romantic, person and I get them a lot anyway.
I found that talking with other people who have played the game helped me out greatly, another thing to do is to get yourself wrapped up in something equally positive, counteract the heavy shoujo with some heavy shounen, or the like.
I have gone through the feels often my friend, and it always hurts for a couple days. But it gets better! It will pass.
If you want, IM me. We can chat about the game.
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

I went to IRC and talked to some people there - that certainly helped. On the other hand I like IRC so you have to decide that for yourself.
Some posts here in the forum have brought me to reason, like this excellent post by RedDesertPhoenix.
Furthermore you have to occupy yourself with other hings, i.e. do something else that is unrelated to KS (the game).
And you have to get out into the real world and communicate/deal with real people.

These are a number of points that can be helpful to get back to reality.
You have to realise that the world is much larger than KS and it might be difficult since KS might have been almost your whole world, for a short period of time, because of its impact on you.
"[...] it's just a ride."
Popo

Post by Popo »

I've been somewhat depressed for the last 6 days or so, since I finished a certain route. I'm feeling a little better each day, by exercising, and examining and restructuring my philosophies, like some of us were talking about in the "punched me in the philosophy" thread. I've basically decided I'm gonna try my best to become a better man, day by day, until I find a lady who will make me feel the kind of love the characters of KS express. I'm going to become strong, so I can endure the pain life and relationships can bring until then, and KS taught me that once I do find her, I shouldn't "whiteknight" her, as it were; we'll support each other, and both be free and giving with our love, comfort, and affection toward one another, while also respecting each other's independence. But it starts with me, and it won't happen until I can get over my trust issues and let someone in.

I've seen somebody say something along these lines, and I'll repeat it: If KS really touched your heart, then it's time to start a new route in the story that is your life.
Every day is a miracle.
TheGrimAngel

Post by TheGrimAngel »

You could always do what a bunch of us did and form/join a group of people who want to make something inspired by this.
Why pick a favorite character? Each of the story was beautiful and touching in its own unique way.
Gravy Boat Gary

Post by Gravy Boat Gary »

yuastnav wrote: Furthermore you have to occupy yourself with other hings, i.e. do something else that is unrelated to KS (the game).
And you have to get out into the real world and communicate/deal with real people.
I've had the feels for about a week now, but yeah I've been getting better, that right there is the best thing you can do, it's helped me. If you sit around doing nothing and only thinking about the game and whatever has made you feel you aren't gonna get better. Take these feels and use them to improve on yourself. The only person who can make you feel better is yourself =)
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Don't worry, you are not the only one feeling such thing.

Initially I am also the same.

I cant tell myself that i have complete them game, nor can i put it down.
The last week, i spend the every single day just playing KS, non-stop, without doing anything else.
I have yet to do Shizune and Rin. But as far as i'm concerned, after i finished Hanako and Lilly, i feel completed (finished Emi too).

But after sometime lurking in the forums, i feel nothing else to discuss or do.

And without knowing, other interests took over my time.

Well, i'm sure if i ever click the .exe file and start KS again,
i wont be able to stop.

What i can advise is, after you feel that you have enough/ completed of KS,
take the chance to go out of your house. do some sports/ meet up with friends etc.
to fill up your free time, so that you wont touch your computer.

Try not to lurk in forums, as it will just make you want to play KS again.

KS just make us cant stop playing.
even if we completed, we cannot go of it.

But of course, time moves on. And life goes on. Change happens.
We need to treasure KS as a precious memory, and move on in life. :)
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'