Hanako's darker tiles game

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Raburesu

Re: "I only step on the darker ones..." (Hanako's floor game

Post by Raburesu »

newnar wrote:I have been following this thread ever since it started, and though I often had urges to post replies, I really can't and I kept quiet. This post is a mistake I don't know if this is right I don't want to be alone but It like that kind of thorn where it sticks in ur thumb and it hurts like crazy to get it out Shit I can't share with you what I think I just don't want to go back to those experiences I have already numbed myself of but I know I'm just fucking bluffing myhself is it bad to bluff myself I don't want to be delusional but I think I'm delusional about my delusions I cannot run away from them but what you guys say are so true I'm a complete fucktard why am I doing this to myself I don't want to but it's really bad when I try to do something, anything about it and I don't wanna do anything anymore I'm so sick of everything I'm sick of myself I'm sick of my parents of my mates of everyone who sees me they look like they are looking at a degenerate i cant even say no when i see me in the mirror i'm not sure what i am doing when i come home everyday ever since ks my games dont hold the fire in the paper bag anymore my hand doesnt even click on the icons i used to love to click damn im spending so much on my subscriptions but i havent touched it in almost 2 months i have no idea what i am doing i need to tell myhself dont make me do things i dont want to
"Take a breath."
Beoran wrote:As for this thread being derailed, I don't mind it, but, it might be a good idea to start a new thread, if people here agree, "Hanako's Broken Hearts Club" or so, so other people can find it easier to join in. Or maybe the original poster can change this thread's name?
The original topic I started has pretty much run its course, so I won't change this thread's title. You/we can all move to a new thread or something, though, sure. I don't really feel like starting it, though. You probably all have more ideas for an opening post than I do. Similar to micechasekittens, though probably not the same, I'm sort of... in love with my sorrow. So I am at peace with all of it.

Don't have the time right now, But I'll make a proper post replying to all the new things here since my last visit later. Since you're all likely to have moved by then, feel free to not respond to it~
"So artists can't find romance, their favorite TV shows are canceled, or they die young because of an unspecified disease. It's a deep and mysterious law of the universe." - Rin
Beoran

Re: "I only step on the darker ones..." (Hanako's floor game

Post by Beoran »

Well I went and made the thread "Hanakos Lonely Hearts Club" here:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5817
If you think moving is a good idea please just move the discussion there. If you feel like it you could repost your initial story there.
If you'd rather keep the discussion here then just let my thread sink off the board. We'll see what happens next. :)

Kind Regards, B.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
aminuts

About Hanako's tile game..

Post by aminuts »

It seems like I'm falling behind to bring back Hanako's 'odd behavior' at this point but I'm just curious.

I've been re-playing each routes recently and try to re-feel those feels. Well I really like this game.

While playing Hanako's, there's a scene about her playing a self made tile game.

To Hisao, it's interpreted as a odd behavior happening because of her loneliness. (Correct me if I'm wrong. English isn't my native language so...)

But, I've played that game tons of time in my childhood and mine was not full of unhappy events like that poor Hanako's.

Yet I even tried to count how many times I have stepped on colored tiles and make sure that my right foot and left foot step on them by same numbers.

I still do that from time to time. Am I really alone here? I just want to know if I'm an oddity.

Again, I really do love the game and Hanako's even one of my favorite characters. Just out of curiosity.

Don't we have at least one silly game that remains even after you are grown?
When I saw Hobbiton & Rivendell on the movie HOBBIT, I almost cried.
Yeah, I think I'm beyond some irreversible paths.
Fiandra

Re: About Hanako's tile game..

Post by Fiandra »

You're not alone. :P

I still do that from time to time. And one weird game I play is : Floor chess. Yes. An individual acts as one piece. Any piece. I know it sounds weird and such, but yeah, floor chess. Try to figure that out :P
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

No, it's not an indication of loneliness. It's a leftover from your childhood in which most kids try to figure out how to make the most banal activities fun. Frankly, I think the writer of the Hanako route forced this way too much by connecting it with something as loneliness.

It would be weirder if you hadn't had a quirky game or developed a weird habit in your childhood. And this can still be present even when you're an adult, because being an adult and being childlike are not mutually exclusive.
aminuts

Post by aminuts »

You're not alone.

I still do that from time to time. And one weird game I play is : Floor chess. Yes. An individual acts as one piece. Any piece. I know it sounds weird and such, but yeah, floor chess. Try to figure that out
I actually do that a lot. Mostly I play knight. The other pieces are pretty boring since they go straightforward.
No, it's not an indication of loneliness. It's a leftover from your childhood in which most kids try to figure out how to make the most banal activities fun. Frankly, I think the writer of the Hanako route forced this way too much by connecting it with something as loneliness.

It would be weirder if you hadn't had a quirky game or developed a weird habit in your childhood. And this can still be present even when you're an adult, because being an adult and being childlike are not mutually exclusive.
So it's not just me who thought linking that tile game with loneliness is somewhat awkward! Nice to know.
When I saw Hobbiton & Rivendell on the movie HOBBIT, I almost cried.
Yeah, I think I'm beyond some irreversible paths.
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

I thought the same as well a little bit considering I played that game sometimes without even really being aware I was doing it in school. In fact I still probably do it anytime I come across tiles and I get bored.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Everybody did
Hisao's just being an unlikable loser as always
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Many played it and still do. But at the same time, it's easily an avenue for the lonely introvert as well. I myself played/play it for both reasons: Shopping is boring and I'm miserably isolated anyway so I might as well entertain myself.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote:Many played it and still do. But at the same time, it's easily an avenue for the lonely introvert as well. I myself played/play it for both reasons: Shopping is boring and I'm miserably isolated anyway so I might as well entertain myself.
I think that's mostly it. It's something to do when you don't have anything else to do, and Hanako rarely has anything else to do.

(Plus it's so rarely used in fiction it's easy to make a big deal out of.)
Not Dead Yet
sqrt9

Post by sqrt9 »

Focusing on that simple task could have been considered a means of distraction rather than entertainment.
Takes your mind somewhere else. Soothing to the timid and troubled.
Too much to say, not enough words.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

aminuts wrote:It seems like I'm falling behind to bring back Hanako's 'odd behavior' at this point but I'm just curious.

I've been re-playing each routes recently and try to re-feel those feels. Well I really like this game.

While playing Hanako's, there's a scene about her playing a self made tile game.

To Hisao, it's interpreted as a odd behavior happening because of her loneliness. (Correct me if I'm wrong. English isn't my native language so...)

But, I've played that game tons of time in my childhood and mine was not full of unhappy events like that poor Hanako's.

Yet I even tried to count how many times I have stepped on colored tiles and make sure that my right foot and left foot step on them by same numbers.

I still do that from time to time. Am I really alone here? I just want to know if I'm an oddity.

Again, I really do love the game and Hanako's even one of my favorite characters. Just out of curiosity.

Don't we have at least one silly game that remains even after you are grown?
Hisao finds it kinda odd that Hanako pays so much attention to the tiles - which is, characteristically, a child's game ("just because I enjoy childish things doesn't make me a child") - because it means she's used to walking along without anyone to talk to and, more importantly, looking away from everyone around her. Spend that much time staring at the floor and you're likely to find a way to make it fun.

There's nothing wrong with the tile game itself. I have some OCD tendencies and if I pay attention I'll start walking weird, too. There was a time when things like that, namely doing things symetrically, was a bit more prevalent for me, but always making sure I was applying equal pressure with my hands or touching things twice just to feel balanced started getting so inconvenient that I just stopped.

And I can assure you, if I stopped and looked around, I'd find many, many more childish habits that I don't even notice. I think we all would.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Dream

Post by Dream »

I personally thought that scene and the tile game served to establish that, contrary to Hisao's initial beliefs, he and Hanako are not that different ("but while i'm thinking that, i find myself stepping carefully so as to avoid the darker tiles" or something like that) It's also a nice character exposition moment for Hanako, it's subtle but i think you can see a bit of her difficulty with the world and her almost childlike eagerness in seeing or looking for sweetness or good in the little things.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:I personally thought that scene and the tile game served to establish that, contrary to Hisao's initial beliefs, he and Hanako are not that different ("but while i'm thinking that, i find myself stepping carefully so as to avoid the darker tiles" or something like that) It's also a nice character exposition moment for Hanako, it's subtle but i think you can see a bit of her difficulty with the world and her almost childlike eagerness in seeing or looking for sweetness or good in the little things.
So it establishes Hisao being (maybe unwittingly) an introverted little blob of depression (not unlike Hanako) since his accident and tosses a bit more subtle characterization Hanako's way. Great scene, all in all. If only it weren't so fucking relatable...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

I thought it was just Hisao being the over-analytic smothering douche he was in the hanako route
$50 says I live more South than all of you