Lilly's Frustration (SPOILERS)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Prospektor

Re: Lilly's Frustration (SPOILERS)

Post by Prospektor »

Just to clarify: Hisao made quite a big deal of the wine. And if she has some supressed issues (the outburst was that of a completely different character), she might find comfort in alcohol, just like Hanako might. Don't forget, we're talking about people with issues here, not the average happy-go-lucky girls who'd only drink for fun.
I was referring to this scene in the restaurant when Lilly orders wine.
Hisao: "Alcohol ..."
Lilly: "Only a bit."
To which Hisao thinks:
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

TheGrimAngel wrote:Scene really caught me off guard. But yeah I think it was due to her keeping everything going on bottled up inside and then having that one outburst where she slammed her face on the ground in anger.
Probably not all of it. Try to SEE it from her point of view: You're walking, minding your bussiness, thinking what you should say to your boyfriend, and suddenly out of the blue someone takes you down, and you can't even know what's happening, because you're blind.
Can be stressfull.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

I think that scene was pretty clearly supposed to show that she was bottling up some anger. The anger you see there isn't really related to the event.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

I guess it's part of the overall de-Mary/Purity-Suing Lilly. Have her swear once or twice. Have her like alcohol more than she should. Have her like sex more than expected. Make her not-so-good with the mornings, either.

At times, I think it's one of the only bad sides to Suriko's writing, that De-Suing was pushed to such a degree. At other times, I am thankful for doing her precisely like that.

Also, this :
In that moment, she realized Kenji had correctly identified her as the leader of the feminist conspiracy and that little "accident" was merely a warning of his upcoming assassination attempt. She knew that she, as a blind girl, wouldn't have much of a chance, and Kenji played with her, like a cat with a mouse. In that moment, she saw (figuratively) the whole conspiracy, the work of her life, blown to bits and pieces. It was the end, and she knew it, and Kenji knew it. There was no need anymore to keep her facade of a uptight lady - for whom? Hisao? A mere bystander in the greater scope of things? He didn't matter.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Harco

Post by Harco »

Prospektor wrote:Don't forget, we're talking about people with issues here
Everyone has issues. Every. Single. Person. On the earth. You might not immediately see it, but even those happy-go-lucky girls who'd only drink for fun have issues. Hell, I have issues. I've had even bigger issues in the past. I also liked to drink a beer in the weekends. Was I an alcoholic? No. Were my friends, who had issues of their own, alcoholics? No.

Seriously, saying that somebody with issues who likes to drink is a potential alcoholic is way too simplistic.

Also remember that we only get to know what Hisao thinks. What he sees is just one side of the story, though. He is not all-knowing -- hell, most of the time his judgement is completely wrong. Just think of Hanako's story. Even the things he (thought he) knew for sure were proven to be false. In this case he says to himself that Lilly has a odd propensity to get hooked on things. As far as I know, she was only addicted to caffeine, something she admitted freely. What are the other things she got hooked on, then?

Of course, it is entirely possible that Lilly is, in fact, happily skipping down the slippery slope of alcoholism. The problem is: there is no proof for it other than her sudden but explainable fondness for wine and Hisao's uneasiness with it. If that is all the evidence you need, you might as well believe Kenji's rants about feminism.
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

Rivan wrote:Have her like alcohol more than she should.
I don't see this. Hisao is more conservative and so perceives her actions through that lens, but she gets drunk once and after that has a glass with (some) meals. That's an unhealthy obsession?

I think the idea was simply to show that there's more to her than you thought, behind the very conservative mask lies someone perhaps a little more adventurous.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Quitch wrote:
I don't see this. Hisao is more conservative and so perceives her actions through that lens, but she gets drunk once and after that has a glass with (some) meals. That's an unhealthy obsession?

I think the idea was simply to show that there's more to her than you thought, behind the very conservative mask lies someone perhaps a little more adventurous.
In Japan, Lilly is still technically underaged when it comes to drinking alcoholic drinks. In Japan, legal drinking age is 20 years old. Lilly is younger than that, so technically, she likes alcohol more than she should.

Also, I'm somewhere in the middle with this, personally. Lilly's tendency might be slightly alarming, but Hisao vastly overdramatizes this, possibly because of a bad first "getting drunk" experience.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Quitch

Post by Quitch »

Rivan wrote:
Quitch wrote:

In Japan, Lilly is still technically underaged when it comes to drinking alcoholic drinks. In Japan, legal drinking age is 20 years old. Lilly is younger than that, so technically, she likes alcohol more than she should.

Also, I'm somewhere in the middle with this, personally. Lilly's tendency might be slightly alarming, but Hisao vastly overdramatizes this, possibly because of a bad first "getting drunk" experience.
I'm in the UK where under-aged drinking is not unusual at all.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Quitch wrote:
Rivan wrote:
Quitch wrote:

I'm in the UK where under-aged drinking is not unusual at all.
With recent generations, it's increasingly common almost everywhere.

But we're talking about her drinking and liking to drink more than she *should*, not what kids in Europe engage in.

I'll say again I see little problem with her drinking, I'm just afraid it might've been added in such an extent for somewhat wrong reasons. I don't even dislike it that much, really.

shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

DAT POUTING FAEC

*loses*
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*