How do Lilly able to wear Beautiful Clothes ?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

xiety

How do Lilly able to wear Beautiful Clothes ?

Post by xiety »

I know that Lilly is blind but I wonder how she picks her clothes . . . (・_・?)
RadiantBeam

Re: How do Lilly able to wear Beautiful Clothes ?

Post by RadiantBeam »

She probably gets help from Hanako. They live right across from each other, so it wouldn't be hard for them to manage.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Someone choose them for her? Sister Akira/Hanako ?
McMagister

Post by McMagister »

I wonder who picked the cheongsam for Lilly, they will be my new favourite character.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

McMagister wrote:I wonder who picked the cheongsam for Lilly, they will be my new favourite character.
Considering how often Akira is on business, it was probably Hanako.
RadiantBeam

Post by RadiantBeam »

Ry74 wrote:
McMagister wrote:I wonder who picked the cheongsam for Lilly, they will be my new favourite character.
Considering how often Akira is on business, it was probably Hanako.
That thought amuses me for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, even if it makes sense.
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

Shouldn't be too difficult really. Maybe she would require someone to choose COLOURS for her dress matching but once this is done, she can select her clothes by feeling the material (cotton, cashmere, wool etc) and the cutting to know exactly what she's going to wear.

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
CNB

Post by CNB »

Lilly's best friend dresses very fashionably. You do the math.

Imagine them in Lilly's room before the big date, with Lilly fretting over whether Hisao will think the cheongsam looks pretty and Hanako trying to reassure her. It would be a great role-reversal.
Slitsen

Post by Slitsen »

Well... we know that the interest of shopping is within most (if not all?) the girls so a valid guess would be that maybe Hanako is really into the whole shopping thing and being in a sparsely populated store with Lilly might have her all giddy. Hanako always have Lilly's best interest in mind so it makes sense. Plus she wears fairly fashionable clothes herself when not in school-uniform.
I can see Akira pulling a prank by giving her sister a silly t-shirt and going "Oh yeah, you look great >_>" or something along the lines. Not as a common occurrence but I can still see her do it.

But yeah, in the end, Hanako & Akira.
  • Emi = Completed
  • Lilly = Completed
  • Hanako = Currently playing
  • Shizune = Up after Hanako
  • Rin = Last up
Thank you so much, 4LS, for all your effort in making Katawa Shoujo. You people rock!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Lilly can use her sense of touch to visualize dresses...it probably wouldn't be any tougher than visualizing Hisao's face by running her hand across it. She'd still be reliant on someone else for the colors.

My first guess is she'd rely on Hanako for this. For some reason, I can't see Lilly asking Akira for advice on how to dress elegantly.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

She also could have braille tags on each hanger identifying the garment on that hanger and always place the proper garment on the proper hanger.
lushwell

Post by lushwell »

I just thought how terrible and yet funny it would be to cut revealing holes in her clothes... perhaps they'd go unnoticed? Someone who isn't as shop-challeneged as myself should make a nice blooper of that... Lilly- "Hisao... my chest is cold... what's wrong with my clothes...OH MY" or something to that effect haha...
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I highly suspect Akira has little to no involvement in the picking of Lilly's clothes. I think if she did, Lilly would probably be wearing suits all the time. :P Plus, Hanako's own casual outfit is pretty awesome, so I'm pretty sure she actually has a really good eye for fashion.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

lushwell wrote:I just thought how terrible and yet funny it would be to cut revealing holes in her clothes... perhaps they'd go unnoticed? Someone who isn't as shop-challeneged as myself should make a nice blooper of that... Lilly- "Hisao... my chest is cold... what's wrong with my clothes...OH MY" or something to that effect haha...
I can't say I'd find that very funny.

I also don't think it would work on someone for whom touch is a primary sense. If she were really careless (maybe way too early in the morning) she might not figure it out until she had actually put the clothes on, but after that it would be obvious. She'd notice before even stepping out the door.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

I was wondering this myself. She probably receives gifts and such from her mother as well.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios