OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by Snow_Storm » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Rolanberry wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:

Also, if you have unlocked Kenji, he pretty much critical hits every single time. Akira, on the other hand, is pretty useless with her car & wine attacks.

Guys, I just realized it feels awesome to write about this boss.
Oh God! Kenji's a fucking beast! It's worth the pain and suffering and countless broken controllers to do the "Forbidden Land Euer- Whiskey" side quest to get him. I recommend you try to get him on your team ONLY IF your Levels and stats are horrible end game. He comes with one of the best weapons and magic in the game and comes with some good armor. Use him.

Akira...poor gal. Those wines give her some great stat boatsing skills but I think she can get poisoned if she drinks too much of it.


But yeah, I would focus on the characters in the beginning of the game:
Haiso - He's the main character of course and have all around great stats
Hanako - Her default class (Freelancer) is okay but once you start collecting her Chess Pieces, you can have her class change to anything in the game.
Emi - DAT SPEED AND DRAGOON CLASS
Lilly - Magic Monster. Plus, she's your typical White Mage and she gain the use of swords in the second half of the game.


How the fuck did we derail this thread from Misha being a Crab battle fight to Batman to various Final Fantasy references?
(don't know how it became a Final Fantasy KS game but its fun just rolling with it)

Kenji is good for mid-late game fights true, but he has probably the worst accuracy in the game! Also his 'manly tears' and 'manly picnic' only effect himself and Haiso, which is just to impractical for the Misha boss fight. I'd have Rin in anyday!

People tend to forget that Rin's magic stat is one of the highest even though she has the least amount of magic, but thats because Sketch is effected by her magic stat. If you have her sketch the right monsters then you really jack up stuff later in the game, along with being able to use 'Osmose Beak' to drain MP.

Though while cigarets up sketch's effectiveness but arn't worth it for the poison effect it puts on her. Its best to try and get her 'No name' accessory if you can figure out the art work puzzle to get it. I'd write a guide on it but I think it changes every time you attempt it.
And if this is the original non-updated buggy Kawata Fantasy VI, don't even try to put any Accuracy boasting items on him. On the plus side, having Lilly or your other magic monsters do the Vanish/Doom combo is funny as hell.

lol Rin = Relm

User avatar
shaftslammer
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:33 am
Location: There

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by shaftslammer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:07 am

Snow_Storm wrote: Special Moves:
Havoc Claw, Trine, Forsaken, Heartless Angel, Ultima
Ultima? Fuck Me.

asakayosapro
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:32 am

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by asakayosapro » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:34 am

shaftslammer wrote:Behold, the Secret Ending & The Final Boss of Katawa Shoujo!
EDIT: Now With Fitting Music.
Admit it, you knew before you clicked on this thread.
The first thing that actually came to mind was that weight crab from Bakemonogatari

And suddenly, a KS + Bakemonogatari crossover was born.
Animation # 499


Feelings
Emotion



重さ
Weight
Animation #500
Shiina "Misha" Mikado
"GIVE ME BACK MY FEELINGS!"
Koyomi Araragi wrote: facepalm.jpg

I think it best not to continue thinking about it.
Oshino Meme wrote: "JUST JUDO-THROW THE DAMN THING!"

komplein

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by komplein » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:14 am

Guys, guys! You're doing it wrong. What the OP said is indeed true. I got the ending.

Please mind overbearing spoilers.

Having played through the game and completed it 100% I felt the need to get every single choice in the game so I could read all the dialog. Having done that I felt like there's a void in my heart, so I tried to see if this game holds any secrets, like so many other games do.

It's difficult for a VN of all things to hold any surprises but this game actually has one. Using tools to check what the code does while the game runs, I found out that a random number generator runs just once, exactly on the last screen of the bad Kenji ending, before the “splat” sound plays and you die.

What happens here is that the generator produces a random value between 00 and FF (hexadecimal, leading to 256 possibilities). AF is the value you're going for, so there's a 1:255 chance you're going to get it each time the RNG runs.

There's 2 outcomes:

1 AF doesn't get chosen: scene plays normally, you die.

2 AF gets chosen:

The game goes on! Hisao lands on Iwanako, who came to Yamaku to confess her love for him once more, as she's won the lotto. She dies from this and Hisao loses his spirit, taking up drinking whiskey as a vice.

You get a second week but the scenes are very short actually. The Wednesday screen is basically: Transition screen (logo) ;; screen that shows Hisao's room (Hisao: “Today I'm not going to do jack”) ;; Transition screen

Throughout this week Hisao is building a time machine using his science, wanting to undo the Iwanako incident. He finishes on Saturday and decides to jump in on Sunday, however, he left the door open so apparently Misha sneaked in and used it first (off-screen)

On Sunday, Hisao finds Misha missing and meets Lilly, who decides to go with him into the past. However they overshoot their target date and jump back to Ancient Japan, immediately spotting Misha, who's become a giant enemy crab.

You get 2 choices:

1 Cower and let Lilly attack blindly → screen fades to black, you die.
2 Throw a stone at its weak point for massive damage: → The crab explodes into thin air, you see an ancient samurai version of Kenji, who thanks you for killing the supposed “Head of the feminist conspiracy.” Going on: “My children are destined to fight the conspiracy for all eternity.”

The second choice leads to a special credits scene that shows versions of Kenji throughout history, posing heroically while fighting feminists. It goes from caveman attire all the way through Tron-esque clothing.

TheLastMelody
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 am

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by TheLastMelody » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:20 am

Answer me seriously, is this actually something that can happen in KS?
I have my doubts, but I want to hope.
My story, probably better left untold - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5245


User avatar
ForLackofaBetterName
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 pm
Location: Germany (From the United States)
Contact:

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by ForLackofaBetterName » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:09 am

Everybody just calm the **** down... I'll take care of this.

Image
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

komplein

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by komplein » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 pm

@ TheLastMelody

formidable spoilers!!

Remember the very last text box that appears before Hisao dies in the bad end? If you press the button to move on, either the "splat" sound comes and Hisao dies, or if the RNG manages to produce the AF value you will get a CG scene (after the sound) of Hisao lying on top of Iwanako. The rest of the path goes from there.
Since the RNG runs at that exact moment (during the sound) you can just save at the last screen and try from there. Stochastics tells us that your chance to get the value eventually will approach 100%

I'm actually finding out right now that the RNG checks if a certain value is set, before it will run. If this value isn't set the RNG never runs, denying you that path.
Every start-up, the text boxes are checked. If all text boxes report as having been read, the value is set and the RNG activates, so...

TL;DR: You must read every single line of text (useful if you want to do a speedrun of KS; can you believe I managed to beat Rin's path in under 10 Minutes?) in order to even get a chance at the RNG and then have it run, run, run, until it produces the value AF, leading you on the secret path.

All things considered the Beta-like nature of this path makes it seem like this might be a Kenji path for all I know, just remember, the scenes are very short and contain mostly what I would call meaningless placeholder dialog.

The developers probably didn't spend too much time before scrapping it. Quality is the usual top notch level, though. There's also only 3 unique backgrounds, not even the time machine is ever shown to the reader.

TGH316

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by TGH316 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Snow_Storm wrote:Guys, here is her stats for the final boss fight.

Level.71
HP: 99,000
MP: 99,000
Attack Power: 80
Magic Power: 8
Defense: 117
Magic Defense: 135
Magic Block: 0
Speed: 72
Hit Rate: 190
Evade: 45

Special Moves:
Havoc Claw, Trine, Forsaken, Heartless Angel, Ultima

Battle Quote:"
""Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all! WAHAHAHAHA"

Other:
Misha is the final boss of Katawa Shoujo, fought for the fifth and final time at the end of the game. Having become the Goddess of Magic itself, Misha faces the party after declaring his desire to destroy the bonds of life and end all existence. A live orchestral, choir and heavy metal version of "Student Council" plays during the battle.
Lilly's Magic is strong but her accuracy is really low, get Emi to cast haste on Shizune then use echo on her then get her to up Lilly's accuracy ;)

User avatar
geekahedron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 am
Contact:

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by geekahedron » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:59 pm

TGH316 wrote:Lilly's Magic is strong but her accuracy is really low, get Emi to cast haste on Shizune then use echo on her then get her to up Lilly's accuracy ;)
Emi doesn't get buffs, she's designed for soloing >_>
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]

themocaw
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by themocaw » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:10 pm

geekahedron wrote:
TGH316 wrote:Lilly's Magic is strong but her accuracy is really low, get Emi to cast haste on Shizune then use echo on her then get her to up Lilly's accuracy ;)
Emi doesn't get buffs, she's designed for soloing >_>
You need to use the Iwanako letter at the graveyard to trigger a scene where Emi becomes a track team coach and switches classes from Striker to Support.

TheLastMelody
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 am

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by TheLastMelody » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:18 am

komplein wrote:@ TheLastMelody

formidable spoilers!!

Remember the very last text box that appears before Hisao dies in the bad end? If you press the button to move on, either the "splat" sound comes and Hisao dies, or if the RNG manages to produce the AF value you will get a CG scene (after the sound) of Hisao lying on top of Iwanako. The rest of the path goes from there.
Since the RNG runs at that exact moment (during the sound) you can just save at the last screen and try from there. Stochastics tells us that your chance to get the value eventually will approach 100%

I'm actually finding out right now that the RNG checks if a certain value is set, before it will run. If this value isn't set the RNG never runs, denying you that path.
Every start-up, the text boxes are checked. If all text boxes report as having been read, the value is set and the RNG activates, so...

TL;DR: You must read every single line of text (useful if you want to do a speedrun of KS; can you believe I managed to beat Rin's path in under 10 Minutes?) in order to even get a chance at the RNG and then have it run, run, run, until it produces the value AF, leading you on the secret path.

All things considered the Beta-like nature of this path makes it seem like this might be a Kenji path for all I know, just remember, the scenes are very short and contain mostly what I would call meaningless placeholder dialog.

The developers probably didn't spend too much time before scrapping it. Quality is the usual top notch level, though. There's also only 3 unique backgrounds, not even the time machine is ever shown to the reader.
Wich of the routes does he die in? The only one I can remember is Kenji's.
My story, probably better left untold - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5245

komplein

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by komplein » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:36 am

@ TheLastMelody

That is correct. canonically, Hisao only dies in that Kenji Ending, which is the one I meant.

synonyms:

Kenji ending
"The bad end"
Act 1 Ending
"Manly picnic"
"Hisao dies"
"If you go for everyone, you will end up with noone"

TheLastMelody
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 am

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by TheLastMelody » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:33 am

komplein wrote:@ TheLastMelody

That is correct. canonically, Hisao only dies in that Kenji Ending, which is the one I meant.

synonyms:

Kenji ending
"The bad end"
Act 1 Ending
"Manly picnic"
"Hisao dies"
"If you go for everyone, you will end up with noone"
I see, but this is not an actual route is it?
My story, probably better left untold - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5245

User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by Snow_Storm » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 am

shaftslammer wrote:
Ultima? Fuck Me.
She only uses it if she's very low on health, like if her HP is below 5000.
TheLastMelody wrote:Answer me seriously, is this actually something that can happen in KS?
I have my doubts, but I want to hope.
The fake KS RPG or the secret ending?

TGH316 wrote:
Lilly's Magic is strong but her accuracy is really low, get Emi to cast haste on Shizune then use echo on her then get her to up Lilly's accuracy ;)
How can Shizune use magic if she's mute?

And yeah, it's a shame Lilly's has the highest magic power but the lowest accuracy and that damn accuraccy glitch doesn't help her out.

Anyway, has anyone done a Celes, Setzer, and Edgar err I mean a Hanako, Emi, and Shizue only run after the World of Ruin where you go straight into Misha's Tower with no other party members? It's pretty hard but it's actually fun.

Post Reply